Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES Need Some Smile (Read 43 times)

StepbyStep-SH

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

StepbyStep-SH

I'm not getting around as quickly as I should have this morning, so today will probably only be about 6 miles, and I'll try to get my 13+ in tomorrow. I just wanted to stay in bed this morning after getting very bad news about our next door neighbor who has been fighting cancer. While she and I aren't close friends, our kids are. Her 7-year-old daughter is in DS's class, and both she and her 5-year-old brother come over to play all the time. My neighbor is only 35, and the doctors told her yesterday that she probably has only weeks, maybe only days. My heart breaks for all of them.

That said - I need to get to the Y so I can get at least a few miles in (DS at the drop-in care, but I'll run outside), then we are meeting friends at an apple orchard for a birthday. This evening we'll head to my FIL's farm so DS can spend at least a little time helping his Grandpa with harvest. Grandpa is planning to retire in a couple years, and I want DS to get to experience as much with him as he can.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

Christmas is coming, my ass is getting fat.  Please to put a penny in an old mans hat...

Supp crew!

Bout to get my stretch on and some core stuff in other words BORRRING, yawn.

Hip Redux

Shari - I have your oatmeal breakfast bake in the oven.  Smile  Except I used quinoa, coconut milk, and honey as subs.  We'll see, it smells yummy!

Also - I made the orange cranberry scones again this morning and have already downed two of them... probably should have stuck with one breakfast food today lol

Pinktastic

Good Morning, Friends!!  I'm on my iPad so this will be brief.   I just finished the last of the baked oatmeal I made on Sunday (from the recipe Shari posted).  It was fabulous!!   I'm on migraine day 3, but today seems better than the last 2 so hopefully it's on the way out the door!   Need to get some cleaning done because I won't be able to do much of that after my procedure on Monday.  Probably need to hit the grocery store as well.

Good luck to all who are racing this weekend!!

Have a Pinktacular day!!  And, may your next run leave you feeling invincible!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

More later from my PC, but:

29:25!!!!!!!

LRB

Excellent!

LRB

I'm on migraine day 3, but today seems better than the last 2 so hopefully it's on the way out the door!  

Those suck.  Hopefully you feel better!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Nice!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Just B.S.

Congrats!!

Jess runs for bacon

Congrats!!!!!!!!!

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

StepbyStep, that sounds like a fun day.  I LOVED apple picking as a kid.

LRB--What do you do for core? I'm way into hanging leg raises and Renegade Rows lately, I would say those are my very favorites.

Oski--Scones sound tasty.  I can never get mine to come out as actual scones vs. strange cookies, so kudos on that.

Pink--glad you're feeling better.

granite_running--congrats!  Race report coming?

Can't wait to hear from the other races, as well.

Today I did 7 miles, my longest run since I began running again on October 1st.  It was surprisingly painless, though I had a whiny moment in the middle when I was like "this is loong I'm boored I wanna stop" but I didn't.  8:29 pace (I tried to keep it slow and didn't look at time at all throughout, that is just a coincidence--I honestly thought I was running closer to 9:00).

It is cold out.  I dislike that.  But otherwise it was a fun run; I listened to podcasts.

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb

Ric-G

granite - nice job...congrats

10 this morning followed by some coffee...trapshooting and a wedding on the schedule for later today....although i don't think it's one of those shotgun wedding type things... have a great day all!

marathon pr - 3:16

outoftheblue

Way to go granite!  Can't wait to hear the details.

I literally ran in circles yesterday.  We recently had a part of our farm graded so we can build an out building to store our farming equipment, so it is a nice level area.  I found that it is .1 miles around the perimeter, so I decided to treat it as a mini track.  Every few laps I would veer off to run up the gravel path and circle the garden area for variety.   A little weird, but at least I could run outside without having to get in my car and drive somewhere.   My dogs thought I had lost my mind.

Life is good.

LRB

LRB--What do you do for core? I'm way into hanging leg raises and Renegade Rows lately, I would say those are my very favorites.

I am still in the preschool stage of learning how to properly engage my transverse ab muscles (core) so for now I am still doing that ridiculous pelvic tilt thingy whilst holding a ball between my knees.

There is a a machine at PT called the reformer that I will be working on Monday and it requires core stability, something I honestly thought I had what with all the squats and dead lifts I have done, but when I tried it last Wednesday I was shaking like a leaf on a tree!

I have strength, but I do not have true core strength.