Beginners and Beyond

Friday Penguins Can Weather Every Storm That Comes At Them! (Read 35 times)

hog4life

Awood, you got that sub 25 no problem, I'll be waiting to hear about it.

She Can, Cheri, you're doing a full soon, right? How long did it take you to work up the length of your LR's? I'm playing with the idea, but after a 15 mile LR a coue weeks ago, I'm having doubts.

Lauren, don't worry about this one, your health is much more important. There will be plenty more halves outh available when your ready.

Mitch

Docket_Rocket

Awood, good luck!

Who else is racing?

I ended up with an SRD/URD, although I'm doing lunges, pushups, situps, and pullups for my streak.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bin Running

Happy birthday, Scotty. May your tails keep on wagging for many more years!

Lauren, I think you are man enough to call off the apr HM. Focus on recovering now.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

So I am all dressed and ready to go for my run, I step outside, BAM!  the sky opened up and it has been pouring ever since. I will try again in the morning before DD's track meet. Actually, two rest days in a row won't hurt me.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Happy b-day Scotty!

That sucks Jack.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

From the Internet.

Happy early birthday Scotty!

Awood, glad you made it home safe!

Aww, thanks for the support guys Smile I think I've known for a while in the back of my mind that I'd probably not be able to run the HM, just finally accepted it today after talking to the coach and getting his opinion. Legs have been good so I'm excited to start building the miles slowly without a race looming over my head.