Beginners and Beyond

Tuesdailies (Read 39 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

My throat started getting sore yesterday afternoon, and this morning I got up and got dressed to go to the gym but I just have this weird feeling that it wasn't a good idea. So back to bed I went, I'll make this an RD.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

7mi road test, incline/decline, 1/2mi up 1/2mi down on a park access road.
      alternating 1mi modest left hand road and 1mi right hand.  Right hand road crown not so good to start, was feeling the right middle ham...but got better by the end.
      Gruesomely humid this morning in the woods.

Mama turtle laying eggs

Docket_Rocket

Last night my BP was slightly higher and today as well. Hoping by the time I come back from this training I won’t need to increase my dose. RD and traveling to DC.

My current and new bosses will be there. Glad I told my boss yesterday or I would be hiding away.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

KCRuns

I'm sluggish today.  I've had family in town since last Thursday for our niece's graduation/going away party.  It was lots of fun with many days in a row of too much food and drink.

I ran in to work this morning at snail pace.  The backpack was heavier this morning because I had a pair of shoes in there, the sun was bright because I forgot sunglasses and my hat, plus the week of too much food/drink, so I struggled this morning and took a few walk breaks.    It wasn't the best start to marathon training, but I made it!

I finally have email at work, but still no access to the software I need to do my job.  Somebody else is out today, so I'll sit at their desk and use their system to work today.

RunningOnSand

I'm sluggish today.  I've had family in town since last Thursday for our niece's graduation/going away party.  It was lots of fun with many days in a row of too much food and drink.

I ran in to work this morning at snail pace.  The backpack was heavier this morning because I had a pair of shoes in there, the sun was bright because I forgot sunglasses and my hat, plus the week of too much food/drink, so I struggled this morning and took a few walk breaks.    It wasn't the best start to marathon training, but I made it!

I finally have email at work, but still no access to the software I need to do my job.  Somebody else is out today, so I'll sit at their desk and use their system to work today.

It's always hard for me to get after it after some debauchery, both physically and mentally. Good for you for getting after it!  The good news is, is that it will look up from here!

Ginny, how's your ankle today?

I got up early and ran 6. It felt awesome--60s, sunny, beautiful outside. Although I had to LOL, b/c at 6:30, when I was about to head out the door (and was mighty proud of myself for getting up so early to do it), I realized that not only Dave (2h behind me) but also FS were probably either up or had already completed some form of working out. Humbling. Anyway, with that said, FS, I hope you feel better. Probably a good idea to get some extra rest if you're not feeling well. And Dave, hope your hammy starts behaving.

And Dave, hope your hammy starts behaving.

It is not. Tried a run but aborted quickly, as the pain was there right from the start. I guess a few rest days are in order. Not sure what to do about my 5k this weekend. I did 30 min on the bike anyway.

Dave

sdWhiskers

I get out of bed depending on how many miles I need to get in (5-545am). But it seems like without fail, I'm sneaking out the back door (our front door is much louder) at the same time all our sprinklers are full blast. Then it's an obstacle course (sometimes in the dark like today) to make it around the house without getting completely soaked.

8 miles with 4 mi progression (MP to almost HMP), 1 mi easy then 5 x 45s at "relaxed 5K", whatever that means. I was right on pace at 9:35 / 9:25 / 9:17 / 9:02 then FORGOT the 1 mile easy and just jumped into the 5K intervals  I didn't realize it until I was a mile from my house and was only at 6 miles, yikes

sdWhiskers

It is not. Tried a run but aborted quickly, as the pain was there right from the start. I guess a few rest days are in order. Not sure what to do about my 5k this weekend. I did 30 min on the bike anyway.

Be smart. If the pain is gone, you can run easy but no racing this weekend. Or skip it entirely and consider the registration a donation.

Be smart. If the pain is gone, you can run easy but no racing this weekend. Or skip it entirely and consider the registration a donation.

I know that is the smart thing to do. I cannot guarantee I am smart.

Dave

That gym bike gives me PTSD, since I did that every day for a few months when I was injured last summer. It sucks.

Dave

onemile

I know that is the smart thing to do. I cannot guarantee I am smart.

I'd do what puts me in the best place to start marathon training in a month.  Unless this 5k was my GOAL RACE

sdWhiskers

That gym bike gives me PTSD, since I did that every day for a few months when I was injured last summer. It sucks.

Yeah, and if you race this weekend you might be back on that bike for more months!

I'd do what puts me in the best place to start marathon training in a month.  Unless this 5k was my GOAL RACE

Of course 5k's are a dime a dozen, but this is my local race, starting 3/4 mile from my house, so it will be particularly sad. I missed last year due to injury too.

Dave

onemile

In my experience, you can either willingly take a break post marathon or wait til your body forces you to take one.  Of course, some people seem to be exceptions to this rule.

Cyberic

In my experience, you can either willingly take a break post marathon or wait til your body forces you to take one.  Of course, some people seem to be exceptions to this rule.

I'm happy with my break right now.

About 10 miles of walking today amongst Scots!