Beginners and Beyond

Marathon MONDAILIES (Read 51 times)

Morning all, and happy Boston Day!

Got my 75 min yoga in before work, no run today.

Flarunner, smokin' time! Make sure to include a photo of the hardware in your RR!

Dave

BruceD555

BasyaSpiliakos- Morning and thank you for getting us going today. Nice job on the run this morning and you have the sub 1 10k easily ... probably by 10 minutes if the day/course/weather are good.

Dtothe2nd- Does early work mean early leaving? Enjoy those recovery miles today as well.

LRB - You don't get those K-cups at a Holiday Inn Wink

flarunner- Huge congrats on your race yesterday and #1 in AG. You're rocking the races thus far in 2013!

Docket_Rocket- Hope you get a lull in your day to do some serious stalking. Wink Enjoy  your recovery run later on.

Baboon- Ah, yeah. Right?! Elliptical=Boston Awesomness. I think you're at the tail end of loooooong taper and that first real run can't get here too soon. Have a good one.

kristin10185- Enjoy your SRD today and don't fret that HM elevation profile. During the race I bet you hardly even notice it.

MarjorieAnn3137- Enjoy yourself on your dd run today ... whatever the distance. Wink

Mornin' folks. I'll plan to do 4-5 easy recovery miles sometime today but like Docket_Rocket first I've got some serious stalking to do. I may actually hit the TM @ the office this morning and tune in to watch the race live - I think our DISH system gets Universal Sports.

Train smart ... race smarter.

Ball of Fury

Flarunner:  Smoking HM....great job!  Congrats on the AG win!

Basya:  I think you can run closer to 50 minutes!

Got in a nice, easy 6 miles this morning @ 10:02.  58 degrees and just a bit breezy...very nice!  Good luck Boston runners!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning! Good luck o those running Boston today!

SRD for me after a 53 mile week. I need to snow blow any ways - we got a good 5-6 inches of snow last night. When is it going to end? Normal high should be in the 50s and we haven't hit that yet this year.

- Andrew

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Baboon sorry I HATE your Sox! And it has nothing to do with baseball.... I have dated 4 different guys who are huge Red Sox fans and they all ended up being assholes lol... and I associate the Red Sox with them! Of course, my current boyfriend is also a Sox fan and he's ok... apparently I have a thing for Sox fans?!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

LRB

What in the hell is this?!  It's an alien!

Docket_Rocket

That's small.Joking

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

DaveP MI, bravo on having fit seventy-five minutes of yoga into your day already.

BruceD555, have a pleasant recovery run.

AmiK, great pre-work run.

Brrrrrrr, enjoy your well-earned SRD.

Rick, I saw that same round object this morning toward the end of my run. I have no clue.

LRB

Flarunner, smoking time!  Congrats.  Are we going to see an RR from you?????

That was here race report.  Don't you know your forum peeps lol!

Basya, I actually woke up in the middle of the night with the realization that with Saturdays race, my V-Dot moved up four spots - aacck!

Bruce, k-cups were in an office lobby I was waiting in the other day.  I thought that was really cool!

BruceD555

That's what I saw yesterday! It seems to be friendly ... at least it let me run in shorts & a tee shirt with NO STINKING GLOVES!

Train smart ... race smarter.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning! I have no idea what's on tap for me after work. 6 miles of something. Maybe some miles at GHMP? My race is in 13 days.

Basya, I've run two sub-60 10ks this year alone and my 5k and 5-mile PRs aren't close to yours. You've got this in the bag.

fla, congrats on a super speedy HM!!

Good luck to everyone running Boston today! Two of my friends in my running group are running it. One of them runs it every year and the other is there for the first time. I'm happy for both of them but I'm SUPER excited for her!

Docket_Rocket

Wait til you know it intimately.  Not friendly at all.

That's what I saw yesterday! It seems to be friendly ... at least it let me run in shorts & a tee shirt with NO STINKING GLOVES!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Robert31320

Team TJ

4.8 mile run done. The first 2 miles seemed like a struggle but it got a lot better. Happy to be back at it after a week off filled with over-eating and under-hydrating...

Running for TJ because he can't.

LRB

I actually worked out today!

I did a combination of a few myrtle exercises, front and rear monster walks, front and side lunges, and single leg squats.  I used the black band for some of those and was still able to crank out 50 reps.    

It was a month ago today that I last did any core work, as running six days a week leaves me zero desire to work out on my only day off.  Realizing its importance however, if I can get at least one core workout in every fourth week, I will call it maintenance and would be happy with that.  

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Mornin' Gang!

Switching my day off from yesterday to today since I ran a race yesterday.

1:41:49

OA: 21/1256 - women's only race

AG: 1/115 -  1st overall GM

Have a great day everyone!

Sweet!

I'm looking at 6-8 miles today, just as a recovery run.  I feel good after pacing today, and just have a little expected soreness in my calves after doing 13 at basically MP or a touch under.  It's nothing a slower run won't shake out though.  Other than that I'm feeling good.

I can't believe the pack is starting out so slowly in Boston, especially with the perfect temps.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn