Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies if we want them or not (Read 35 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

And we are off......

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Undecided if I will run. Was cold for me, so I'm waiting until after puppy pool to decide on running or not.

Marjorie

Not too cold yet and the snow has been put until this evening. I'll be heading out to the snow packed streets for 5. Have a great day everyone!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

happylily

Good morning!

Guest has left, along with SO, after a night of reminiscing and half a bottle of scotch, while I was sleeping. They are both going now to a third friend where they will do more of the same. Men's idea of fun, I guess... So I'm alone with DS for the weekend. We're going to keep our cooking together streak (yesterday was salmon with pasta pesto and Parmesan with broccoli. I have a weakness for pasta). Today will be pan-seared sausages with lady apples and watercress. I have no idea what lady apples are, so I'm just going to use our local apples.

6 recovery miles before lunch.

Have a great Saturday!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

Supp!

I have decided to head over to Stoney and try to get a run in before the mercury plummets, and the wind speed skyrockets.  I am not sure how this is going to work out so we will just see....

Hip Redux

It's -10 currently and it is brutally cold.  I think the insides of my nostrils froze while I was out with the dogs.    For those of you who might run outside in stuff like normally, you are nuts!  BRRR!

As for me, 6 on tap later once it warms up to 20!

Just B.S.

Ran on the mill last night. 2 runs and an hour in the pool in less than 24 hours, a good start

To my half iron/marathon training.

Actual temp is -10 no idea yet what the wind chill temp is, will check later and if it's at least

-20 I will probably run outside since the snow is stopped, but more coming tomorrow.

It is only the beginning of Jan but this has already been one of the most challenging winters in

My 14 years of running.

Happy Saturday!!!!

Just B.S.

Oski I was still typing when you posted. Definitely wearing the balaclava after reading your post Smile

LRB

It's -10 currently and it is brutally cold.

It is currently 15 with a wind chill of 1 here, which may actually feel balmy after the shit week we have had weather-wise.  Or, it may be cold as fuck out.  lol

Zelanie

Good morning!  We finally made it back home and I talked myself into going out for my tempo run after being very tempted to just call it a night.  The deal was I was worried about the run and discouraged by how I've been feeling lately, so I knew I needed to just get out there.

And from the start, it felt good!  I let myself run it about 10 seconds too slow, sort of a concession to how I've been feeling lately, but I got it done!  Just an easy 2 x 1.5 at tempo, total of 8 with warmup, cooldown, and recovery.  Just like that, week 1's speedwork is done!  SRD today, LR tomorrow. Smile

Supp!

I have decided to head over to Stoney and try to get a run in before the mercury plummets, and the wind speed skyrockets.  I am not sure how this is going to work out so we will just see....

Good luck with that! I am heading out a bit later; looks like the temp is expected to increase throughout the day, but wind "20-30mph with gusts over 40 mph". So that should be fun. Not sure if I should do the LR today or tomorrow, when the wind is supposed to die down a bit but there will be snow on the ground, which may or may not be a problem depending on how much it is. Maybe medium-long both days, will probably just get out there, see how I feel, & play by ear. I do know Monday's brutally cold temps will mercifully coincide with an SRD.

BTW, LRB: I did find an indoor track not too far from me -- Livonia Community Rec Center, 11 laps/mile. Would need to get a $15 day pass, so I'm gonna say not worth it, especially considering it is still 20-25 min away. Also U of M has an 8 laps/mile indoor track, but no idea of access to non-students. Anyway all that stuff is probably academic, because there are really few days I will get outside, there just seems to be a lot of them right now.

Stay warm everyone.

Dave

Hip Redux

I read this morning that the deep cold is going to freeze parts of the great lakes - and that means a much higher chance of frigid weather for the rest of the season for those of you near the lakes!

I just went out and my car almost didn't start.  It was clearly unhappy but finally did cooperate.  Oy.

id like to thank whoever it was that plowed the bike trail. Six miles done before the deep freeze sets in

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

outoftheblue

Take warm everyone!

I'm taking an URD as I awoke this morning to some pain in my heel around the peroneal tendon.  Don't want to mess with that, so it's ice and rest today and see where I'm at tomorrow.

Life is good.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

No run today, pretty much cleaning and the grocery store. Tomorrow I have 14 miles planned, they're saying a mix of rain and snow between my usual running time. Rain will be getting into the mix around 5 a.m....... which is usually when I am waking up Sad but it will be something like 35 degrees from midnight to dawn so I might get up at 4 a.m and head out. The rain won't go away until about 8 a.m which the temperature will begin to drop.

Monday is going to be fun for us - -5 degrees at 5 a.m with a windchill of -25 (15 mph winds). I have to admit I have never been out in temperatures like that (at least I don't remember). I am not sure if I will bring Rocky along with me but I will be wearing my face mask this time.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)