Beginners and Beyond

Saturday Penguins Have Their Eyes Set On The Goal! (Read 27 times)

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." WinkIt can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Mmmmm...beer

Why am I up this early on a Saturday?  Crazy.

I was going to go on my first group run today, but slept a lil late (they meet up at 7).  So I'm just gonna go hit the lake for 15+.  Right after I finish my oatmeal.

Hope everyone has a great day and great runs!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 5 miles tonight.  Expo opens at 10am so I'll get there and back before noon.

Gustav, morning!

D2, go get your 16.

Damaris

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good morning !

Goals for this 3 day weekend include replacing the radiator in my wife's car, change some dimmer switches in the house, and get the taxes done.

Yesterday I did a 1 mile recovery run and today I just finished 3.33 miles. That makes 3 days in a row!

Whoever walks honestly walks securely

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Lake effect snow is incredibly unpredictable, and we're under a lake effect advisory.  SO, once I get out the door I'll decide how long today's run will be.  Whatever distance I DON'T do, I'll run tomorrow.  How's that for flexible?  Today will be somewhere between 8-15.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Bin Running

8M done at indoor tracks. Had a little drizzle at end of run but I ran thru.

Hope to wake up early for maybe a 10M LR.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

TooStupidToStop

Rach^

Good morning busy penguins!

No running for me today, but mom and I did say we were going to go walking on the trails today.

Yesterday was dad's memorial service. It was nice. They performed full military honors. I got a little teary eyed when they presented the flag to my mom, but other than that I was okay. I thought after the memorial service it would have felt real, but it doesn't.

My mom has been cleaning the house over and over again and rearranging furniture. It's her way of coping with it all. I just steer clear and let her do her thing. I am sure she is like me and still in the shock of it all. Not that we didn't know it was coming, but regardless it's still hard.

I haven't been sleeping well, so I haven't been working out. I'm lucky if I get 3-4 hours of sleep a night. I just got my sleeping habits under control too, but I know this will soon pass too.

Well, I am off. I just wanted to let y'all know that I was okay. I'll be traveling back to Alaska tomorrow, so it will be another long day.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Rachel nice to hear from you. sympathies to you and your family during this very difficult time. Safe travels back to Alaska.

good luck weekend racing Penguins!

Did 2.52 easy miles around my boyfriend's neighborhood. He has some asphalt trails through a kind-of woodsy area so that is always a nice change. Didn't run with his dog as I often do when I visit, she's a puller and I'm stilm being super cautious with the knee,but I did

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

grumble stupid phone...accidently clicked out of the text box and it doesn't let me go back into it once I do. This happe  to anyone else? anyway continued... I did warm up by walking about 2 miles with my boyfriend abd his doggie and then they headed home and I headed off for the run.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Zelanie

Rach- So good to hear from you!  Please take care.

Gustav- Nice running!

Dave- Hope you're having a great run!  How is the leg doing?

D- Enjoy the expo!  What's the weather forecast for tomorrow?

Awood- Good luck in the snow!

Bin- Nice job getting it done!

AFM- I had planned to run my LR last night since next week I have Monday off and a 5K on the weekend, so I was going to run my LR on Monday.  But my crappy eating went into day 2 and work was super stressful, so by the time I got out to run I just felt like crap.  Legs and lungs were fine, but the thought of getting back inside and taking it easy ended up winning after 5.5.  So I went home, had some miso soup, and went to bed.

I feel much better this morning and might run 10 this afternoon.  I would still like to make my 40 for the week if I can, but I won't stress too much if I don't.

Zelanie

Kristin- Sounds like a nice run!  I agree about the dog- the sudden change of direction or resistance from pulling is probably not a good thing for you right now.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Rach - I'm glad you stopped in for a minute.  I can't even imagine what you're going through.  So yeah, it's good to know you're hanging in there.

AFM - I was getting ready to head out the door.  Real feel temps of 7 degrees.  Then, the Lake Michigan Snow Machine opened wide, and I can't see across the street from my window.  It's early enough that I'm going to wait it out for a little bit and see what happens.  Then again, I don't really want to be 7 miles from the house if it starts doing this again.  I'm thinking small loops of the 4 mile variety.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

SheCan

Morning Penguins!

Rach^ glad to see you stopped by.   I know this last week could not have been easy, but will be nice to have you back regularly again.  Have a safe trip home.

Ginny,  seen that you peeked in also.  Hope you're having fun and taking lots of pics!

I was supposed to run about 2 miles today, but ended up jumping in the shower instead.  We're going to head up to Phoenix for the expo and to spend the night for my race tomorrow.  If I get a bit of free time, I may go ahead and try to get a couple of miles just to limber up and get rid of a bit of anxiety.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Mmmmm...beer

Zel, leg is doing great, thanks!

Only got 11.85 in today, my ITB started to tighten up a lil, so I cut it short.  I've been lax in my stretching, gonna have to get back on top of it.

-Dave

My running blog

Mmmmm...beer

Rach, glad you're doing ok.

-Dave

My running blog