Beginners and Beyond

Saturday Penguins Have Their Eyes Set On The Goal! (Read 27 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

This morning, I did my 12th race of 2013, the Street 2 Feet 5K.  Below is the link to my report and photos:

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/1aae8ef6307e44c682b94992ed291d63/resume#focus

The rest of the day I plan on just goofing off.  Tomorrow, I am going to sleep in a bit, then after Gail returns from church,  Gail and I will go to a local park, her for a walk and me to get a few easy miles in.

Good luck with your race tomorrow, Damaris!  So sorry about your Dad!

Good luck with your weekend goals, Gustav.  Congrats on the 3 running days in a row.   You have a 3-day weekend?  I have to work on Monday.   Of course, I really can't complain, I had last Thursday and Friday off work, so I have a 4-day weekend.

Bin, how do you get drizzle at an indoor track?  Tell those people at the track to get with it and fix those 2nd-floor toilets above the track! Joking  Congrats on your run.

Rachel, condolences and good thoughts to you and family.  Safe travel for you too!

Congrats on your run, Kristin.  Wait..the boyfriend didn't keep you company on the run? Joking

Zelanie..get out there for your run today!  Behave, or I'm going to tell HsM to forward you a copy of the Bare Buns pic.  I just KNOW she kept a copy of it.

Dang, Awood, I'd wait too, that weather sounds crazy.   Don't want to see a report on you on the "News at 5" about some runner having to be rescued.

I was supposed to run about 2 miles today, but ended up jumping in the shower instead.  Well, SheCan, jumping IS good exercise.  But in the shower?  I'm surprised you didn't give yourself a black eye.. Wink  Safe trip to Phoenix!

Dave, take care of that ITB!  Congrats on the miles you did get in.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Better I Leave

Gonna try 2 laps around Lake Tabeaud (5.2 miles) w/ "STOOPID" dawg. She already knows she's goin' for a ride. She's all excited. LOL!

Knocked out 9.25 this am while waiting for DW to take a practice counselor certification test. She passed. She gets to take the real test to be a certified school counselor next month. She is pretty pumped.

And I don't remember if I updated y'all after the dr yesterday. Tonsillitis = 2 shots in the butt and two weeks of antibiotics. I feel much better already.

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

hog4life

Hey Penguins, just a quick flyby. I went and picked up my packet and had a short FE with one of my teammates from my Miles Game team of Margaritaville Miles. It was very nice to meet him. He lives close to Jimmy. I've decided to run with the 3:45 marathon pacer which will be an 8:35 pace. If I fade a little, I should still make it in under 2 hours.

Cherie, Damaris and any others racing, good luck tomorrow!

Kristin, I have an iPhone and don't have that problem. I can go out and back from the text field.

Rach, it's good to hear you are doing okay. I lost my mom 20 years ago, so I know the battle all too well. Safe travels to you.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

T-Rod - Antibiotics and what-not...might want to take it easy, but I'm not a medical expert.  I guess the doctor probably would have covered that topic.  Glad your on the path to health again.

Mitch - We'll be cheering for you.

AFM - Today was a pretty rough run.  I think there were multiple factors at work.  We were getting slammed with bands of lake effect snow.  So, one minute it seemed sunny and nice, and then I couldn't see anything.  Footing wasn't so great either.  The temperature was 21, but with windchill it felt like 7.  So, I had on some layers.  The top layer eventually got wet and froze.  I even had a ball of ice hanging from my shoe lace.  My socks got wet, and 3 of my toes were blue by the time I got my shoes off.  On top of that, this has been the first week in a while that I've been able to get all of my miles outside without hitting a treadmill at any point.  So, my 15 mile run became a 12 1/2 mile run.  I saw my house, and decided not to pass it again.  Things were starting to suck pretty bad.  After tomorrow's run, I'll still hit 42 miles this week.  I think this 12 1/2 mile run should count for more distance.  It felt like the work of a 15+ miler.  Oh well, it happens, and I've had a good run of good runs.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Better I Leave

Knocked out 6.2 today at the lake. Stoopid dawg slowed me down but she did surprisingly well by staying beside me. She wanted to keep stopping after about 3 miles. I need to get my dog ready for the HM in August. Running With The Bears HM allow dogs to run alongside. Gonna do some heavy squats and lunges later. That'll burn'em (legs)...WOOF! Smile

GinnyinPA

I ended up running 4 miles today in Dismal Swamp SP on old woods roads. It was nice.  I started with a 2 mile walk with DH and our dog, then they walked back to the car, while I ran a mile in the other direction, then headed back to the car.  I caught up with them right by the trailhead, just as the rain started.  Better than I expected.  It was hard after two days of eating too much junk food and too little exercise, but by the end I was in the groove again.

PinegroveDave - There is no way I could get our dog to run any distance.  He gets hot easily, plus he gets distracted by every sound and smell.

gustav - congratulations on 3 in a row.

Rach - safe travels.

Awood - good for you for running in the falling snow.  We drove in rain all afternoon, then sleet, then snow and I couldn't wait to be done with it.  I wouldn't have gone running in that wet mess for anything.

Tomas - hope the antibiotics do the job.  I had my tonsils out as a kid, but my brother still has his and he occasionally has problems, even now.

Good luck to all of you who are racing.  I am seriously envious.

GinnyinPA

sorry duplicate post.

Zelanie

Got my 10 in, but they were more work than they seemed like they should have been.  Rather, the first 5 felt as easy as all of my recent runs, so I ran them too fast, then paid the price.  Still got them done, though!

DD's robot had a scrimmage today.  Their robot is the best pyramid climber by far, and is now getting to the top in 30 seconds.  Most of the others went for the frisbee throwing objective instead, so there was lots of cool stuff to watch.  If they score well today, they get their choice of "blue" team robots for their alliance, and can pick the best frisbee thrower and then they should have a strong team.  They were ahead in score when we were there.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

BOOM, robot dominance!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Ginny and Awood  the dr's notes were pretty funny. They said, "your child should rest and take all of the antibiotics." all of the notes make it sound like only kids should get this stuff. As far as taking it easy, that's for the birds Smile

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas