Beginners and Beyond

It's Tuesday Penguins (Read 11 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

PADRunner

Had to drag myself out this morning. Still sore from weights yesterday. 5 w/2x1000

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Hi Pens!

Sorry I've been MIA, so much house stuff to do.  I managed to injure myself about a week ago doing house stuff.  First, while building a kitchen cart I dropped the granite counter top onto my index finger and bruised it pretty badly.  Luckily it landed on my finger nail so I didn't break a bone.  Unfortunately since it landed on the nail I think that I might lose the fingernail.  I've been trying not to mess with it.  Then I dropped a big yankee candle on my left foot and bruised the top of it pretty badly.  This means that I haven't really been able to put running shoes on because when I lace them up it puts a lot of pressure on the bruise.  I think that the bruise is finally healed to the point that I can try to run a bit.

At least the house is slowly coming along =P  We still don't have a real refrigerator but that's a whole other issue...  (stupid best buy).

I'm going to go for a short run (somewhere in the 1-3 mile range) after I digest breakfast.

I hope everyone else has had better luck with running and otherwise lately :-)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Docket_Rocket

Morning. I feel a bit better from the breathing, so I will try 6 and weights tonight.  Asthma was pretty bad yesterday so I ran nothing.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Buelligan

I was gonna complain about stuff... but I guess I really don't have anything to complain about now.  I should have posted earlier.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

I was gonna complain about stuff... but I guess I really don't have anything to complain about now.  I should have posted earlier.

Hahaha, please join me in complaining :-)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

No complaints here..sorry Jill.

3.8 run/walk.  Probably was a little too much after Sunday's race.  I need a nap before work (or maybe during).

GinnyinPA

Ouch Jill. I hope your run goes okay.

PAD - Good job on the early run. Did you run the 1000 at 5k or 10k pace?

Damaris - I hope your breathing allows a good run this evening.

Buelligan - you can always complain, if you need to. What's up?

Jerry - today was the day for the DOMS to hit, so even if it was hard, a recovery run was probably best for loosening up.

I'm planning a few miles this afternoon.  It feels cold, which is a mixed blessing.  I'm not ready for winter. I was ready for summer to finally end, but now that it has, brrrrr!

Zelanie

Jill, good to see you back!  Hope your run goes well and congrats again on the house.

I ran my strength workout.  Actually, next week's strength workout since I accidentally ran this week's workout last week.  So now I'm a week ahead. Smile  2 x 3 miles, felt really good and strong out there tonight.  Probably because I felt really wimpy and pathetic out there last night.