Beginners and Beyond

Thursday the 13th (Read 29 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 10 pretty miles under overcast skies and in the low 40s.  this morning got me to 1000 miles for the year.  It's interesting how perspectives can change.  A couple of years ago, I would have been really disappointed to not hit 1000 miles by April.  Now, I'm just happy I can hit it in a year.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  Redo of my 8 with 4 X 800m on the TM tonight and Pilates.

LRB, love the new forum meme.

PR, congrats on the mileage. How's the toe doing?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

Run Commute day. Cold, but not cold enough for cool beard pics. Tried one this morning, but it's not all that good.

LRB

Run Commute day. Cold, but not cold enough for cool beard pics. Tried one this morning, but it's not all that good.

We'll be the judge of that.

delicate flower

Good morning hahaha!!  Not only did I sleep in this morning, but I overslept on top of that, which is like the best thing ever!!  I've got a track workout after work.  Speaking of work, I was sad to see I have a 4:00-5:00 meeting on my calendar this afternoon, since I usually leave work at 4:00.  SAD!

<3

Cyberic

We'll be the judge of that.

I like my standards to be higher than that.

KCRuns

Cy, that's still a good cold beard pic!

I've been a terrible, no good, very bad runner this week.  Work is kicking my ass.  Not sure if it'll happen today either since I have to leave early for the dentist, so I might have to work through lunch.  We'll see how much I can get done this morning, this is our busy season.

LRB

I like my standards to be higher than that.

Damn it's cold. Brr!

LRB

I ran 6.

Bored with all of my regular routes, I ran one I haven't been on since early September. Yeah, that was stupid. It was darker than shit for 2.5 miles of the out portion. I could barely see immediately in front of me let alone the ground. 

Cyberic

I ran 6.

Bored with all of my regular routes, I ran one I haven't been on since early September. Yeah, that was stupid. It was darker than shit for 2.5 miles of the out portion. I could barely see immediately in front of me let alone the ground. 

No headlamp, from what I read?

sdWhiskers

Another RD. I can't run before or after work so I was debating running in the middle of the day but have decided a pedicure is a much better use of time because, you know, post marathon feet.

LRB

No headlamp, from what I read?

You read correctly, I do not own one of those. While all of my routes have dark portions, it's usually a quarter mile or less here or there and not a good enough reason to wear a light for an hour. Today's run however, was some shit I've never experienced before!

delicate flower

As I am sitting at a table here at work, there is an abacus sitting on another table in my line of vision, and it occurs to me that I do not know how to use one of those things.

<3

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Five with three at HMP pace.  Switching from marathon training to half marathon training certainly causes a shift in how the pace workouts feel.

Just to follow up on yestereday's bit about HRMs, here's the heart rate reading from today's run. It's pretty obvious where it was reading my cadence instead of my heart rate fairly early in the run.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                              10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

Cyberic

You read correctly, I do not own one of those. While all of my routes have dark portions, it's usually a quarter mile or less here or there and not a good enough reason to wear a light for an hour. Today's run however, was some shit I've never experienced before!

I don't wear mine often. For a while I liked running in a park at night during DD's soccer practices. So I bought a head lamp. A good runner's head lamp, with weight evenly distributed so it doesn't bounce around. It just sits in a  drawer now, lol.