Beginners and Beyond

Hump Day WednesDAILIES : Telling All You Worn Out Cats... (Read 233 times)

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Morning runners! 10.1m for me this morning. 2.25m w/u to gym, 5.5m on TM w/10x400 w/400 rests, and 2.35m c/d on way home from gym. Most 400s I've done in a clip and really liked doing them on TM. kept rest intervals at pace they needed to be at.

Good running all.

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

LRB

That sounds like heaven.  I love running in the rain, as long as it's not too cold.

I am hoping the rain washes all the crap on the ground away, and then stops before this weekend lol!

Enjoy your run X!

Lilac, please take it easy.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Runner's World (are we allowed to say that here? Smile) announced that registration is open for their festival in October. I did the Hat Trick last year, and this year they introduced a Five and Dime option (5k & 10k). You get a pair of gloves! I was planning on doing the 5k anyway.

buchy2009

Bjørnmannen

Raining here too... not too bad though because it is in the 50s.  Have a 6 mile tempo run later tonight.  Kind of looking forward to running in the rain.

Jedigunnie- nice interval workout!

LRB- yeah, rain is a bit more burdensome during long runs.  Hopefully this storm system moves through quickly!

@runjerseygirl

Yoga done.  Feel like Gumby.

Do you even run?

Robert31320

Team TJ

Good afternoon folks.

4.2 mile run done early this morning.  I ran along this morning at about the 3.5 mile mark thinking that 1 year ago I was about to die at the 1 mile mark.  Now my weekday mornings are more limited by time than ability.

I have also started to crank on my diet again, more healthy eating than "diet".  I've also decided to eliminate diet cokes and coffee from my menu.  I think I could actually eat the coffee pot now....and the next person to start a pot brewing in the office could get threatened.

More good news for me, there is a local 1, 3, & 10 mile race event happening on Jan 19.  I've signed up for the 1 & 3 mile events to be paid for by a local business!  Happy sponsored runner in da' house!

Y'all come see us!  Big grin

Running for TJ because he can't.

Robert31320

Team TJ

....I am happy to report that I am walking limp free now (once I get going), which makes me think maybe the knee damage isn't as bad as I originally thought.  *fingers crossed*

Hopefully, this is as good as it sounds for you.

Running for TJ because he can't.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good afternoon muchachos y muchachas.  Today was a progression run for me.  It was to be 12 miles, with the first 7 easy and then 5 at a moderate pace.  It didn't really turn out that way though.  I did 7 easy, then a 7:03, 6:55, and 6:53.  Unfortunately, doing those 3 miles all uphill took too much out of me, so I did 1.75 easy miles before doing a 6:58 and then just finished with an easy .75.  So, 13.51 miles total with the last 6 miles having 570 feet of gain.

I'm a little disappointed with the pace as it felt fast and wasn't even MP.  I'm hoping the fact that I'm still coughing from being sick played into my troubles.  Also, I guess this is some of the difference between Hudson and Daniels, since Daniels starts with speed work while Hudson waits to build that in.

5 miles or so on tap tonight with the running group.  Even though I only missed one session while I was sick, it feels like it's been forever since I ran with them.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

7 miles @ 8:08/mile done this morning, URD yesterday, this week has been crazy.

Phil, glad to hear the knee is feeling better, hope it keeps improving.  Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Rick, nice. I do all my weight training barefoot (whenever I do it at home, which happens, maybe, once or twice every six weeks or so) or in Vibrams.

Shari, I hope that the Zithromax does it’s magic. Good luck with the kids.

Just B.S., enjoy your thirteen miles.

Heidi, I’m jealous that you’ll be able to run during the day. Enjoy it for me, too, while you’re at it.

Tom, I hope that your package arrives soon.

jneilt, enjoy the TM and the bike.

jedigunnie26.2, I also enjoy doing speedwork on the TM (as much as I can enjoy being on that hamster wheel). It really does help keep me on pace.

buchy2009, have a great tempo run.

Kay, I’m glad that yoga did you good.

Robert, isn’t it great when you realize how far you’ve come?

So_Im_a_Runner, excellent run this morning. Have fun doubling tonight.

Dave, cool distance and pace today.

I think I’ll double today. Because I was able to do my tempo run before work, I’ll be able to go out for a few with the running group after work

buchy2009

Bjørnmannen

Kay- haha I bet Gumby was awesome at yoga.  Been meaning to do more for my cross training days.

Robert- great progress!  I've been meaning to cut back on the diet coke myself.  My biggest problem is that it is ubiquitous at work so sooner or later, I always cave during a stressful moment.  Good luck cutting it out!

so i'm a runner- hope that you fully recover soon! have fun with the running group.

d to the second- great run! hope your week clears up a bit

Hi dailies:

Heidi - good luck with the daytime miles, I got some in today on my mini-vacay.  It was awesome because night out at the new place... is *dark*.  Gonna have to get some knuckle lights or something.

Robert - good luck with kicking the coffee, it's tough

SIAR - nice run, especially on those big hills

10.4 last night with 8x(2:00 at HMish pace) 7:07 overall.  6.5 recovery this AM.  There is no escaping hills in my new environment, heartbreak is gonna feel like a speed bump Big grin

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

scottydawg, how do you run in a pool?

Floatation belt commonly called an "aquajogger."  You put it around your waist, tighten it up and then jump into the deep end of the pool.  The belt keeps your head above water and you just "run" like you normally do, only through the water, with no impact.   It takes me about 34 to 35 minutes to do a 5K on solid ground so that is how long I pool-run, for about 35 minutes.  I'll tell you what, with the resistance of the water on your legs, if you have not done it in a while, you can definitely feel it in the legs for a couple of days after the workout!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

LRB

...I've also decided to eliminate diet cokes and coffee from my menu.

I did that for a year once.  I still don't know why I did that.  I suppose it's good to exercise self discipline and all those things but ultimately, it was just a year that I didn't drink coffee.

There was no other benefit other than I swore I would never do that again!  Wink

buchy2009

Bjørnmannen

I did that for a year once.  I still don't know why I did that.  I suppose it's good to exercise self discipline and all those things but ultimately, it was just a year that I didn't drink coffee.

There was no other benefit other than I swore I would never do that again!  Wink

I forget where I read this, but I read somewhere that coffee can help running, specifically towards the end of longer distance runs.  Someone in the office has a M.D. in addition to her J.D. and she swears by the general health benefits of coffee.

But, sometimes when I'm not busy for a month or two I like to kick coffee so that when I get busy again, it is SUPER effective.