Beginners and Beyond

Hump Day WednesDAILIES : Telling All You Worn Out Cats... (Read 233 times)

runmomto3boys

B-Plus: Roll like crazy!  That has helped immensely w/my IT band garbage.  I'm glad you got immediate relief from doing so yesterday, too.  It doesn't sound like a big deal.  Great work on the 10+ miles tonight!

SIAR: That sounds like a fantastic group run.  I'm sorry the shoes didn't work out, but it sounds like you have some other prospects in mind.

Sparker: I'm so glad the TM run went so well.  Yay!

Yeah.. so you ever see a dude at a race with bloody nipples? Of course you have. Who hasn't?

That was almost me tonight on a stupid training run.

Well, my run tonight was kinda wonky because I had to do part of it outside, part inside as protection against above since I left the house without my bandaids. DOH!  Anyway, 6 miles DONE.

Sorry for the TMI. Big grin

B-Plus

RMTB - Yep, stretch n roll.

c0de - I was that idiot once. That's when I learned about Body Glide.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

RMT3b...I fixed my terrible grammar from my initial post about my group run, please don't judge!  ha  I do have a few shoe prospects, but I'm starting to get desperate.  I land very far forward, have a huge arch, and then have the PF troubles so shoe finding can be a real mess for me.

Code...Ahh, rough stuff!  Mine got a little tweaky the other day, and I even used body glad.  Honestly though, I'm thankful there will always be new runners to entertain us with their bloody shirts at races.  Good job getting 6 done anyway.

BPlus...Are you holding a giant taco in your pic?

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

B-Plus

BPlus...Are you holding a giant taco in your pic?

Lol, no. It's one of those girly fishbowl drinks!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Lol, no. It's one of those girly fishbowl drinks!

Yep, I see it now.  Was kinda digging the idea of a giant taco though.  Now I want Mexican.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Docket_Rocket

Me, no coffee?  I have a Starbucks coffee every day!  It helps my asthma.

5 miles with the group tonight and I had a blast.  I hung back and ran with some other people which really made it fun.  It's so nice to have someone thank you after a run for helping them through it.  I also tested out a bunch of shoes, only to find nothing that really fit my foot.

Saucony Triumph - No.  New GelDS Trainer - No.  Adidas Adios - No.  Mizuno Wave Evo - No.

I did like the Mizuno Ronins, but I'm going to hold off until a new Saucony Virrata comes out later this month and until the store gets some of the Inov8 line in for me to try.

Kristin...That one day of rest for each mile raced rule is a good one, but it doesn't have to be total rest.  If you wanted to treat the races as just run then it probably wouldn't be so bad (although there's nothing wrong with the safe play!).

Docket...No coffee for you either?  I knew I liked you.  Good job on the recovery.

FlaRunner...I think drivers around here have been trying to drive like you recommended the strength exercises to LRB - with their eyes closed.  Today was brutal!

Robert...I'm trying to gird myself for a big water push here soon too.  I think if I just kept some cold in the fridge I'd go to it much more often than I do now.

Sparker...Yes, it'd be nice if these temps would hold, but I imagine you're right that more bad weather is still to come.  I hope you got an open TM.

RMT3B...Thanks for the pep talk Smile  I hope you know that we all follow and look at your running like that too.  Great work with your 13 today.

Beth...20k?  You're really going to make me do math to figure out what you ran?  Geez.  Okay, good 12.4!  That's killer elevation gain.  Now I feel like a weenie for whining about my 570 (although if you doubled it to get yours I guess I'd only be a few hundred behind ya).

April...I'm convinced that, so long as you don't get injured, doing stupid running things like the trifecta yield the best running memories.  Great job on your pace improvements - that must feel really good.

LRB...Know what Mtn. Dew goes well with?  Taco Bell!

Lilac...What a fun forum encounter!  Sorry to see that your knee is giving you some trouble still.  Hopefully easy miles will cure it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Scott, running is a mood booster for me, too.

So_Im_a_Runner, did you run with an LRS's group? Mine had a rep from New Balance join us tonight. I was wary of trying a new shoe. (I wore my well-worn Vibram KSOs.)

B-Plus, sweet pace. I thought of you when I tested a rolling massage stick after my run tonight. I do feel more relaxed after the double, but I think it's more the running outside. I ran on the TM this morning, which always leaves me feeling tighter.

c0derunner, you have to do better than that, if you want to offend me.

I'm going to do a double of ab work tomorrow. It's after 11:30 p.m. here in Boston. I want to be at the gym before 6:00 a.m. for weights and cardio.

Swim: 1200 yds  (2 x 100 swim, 50 kick; 4 x 75; 8 x 25; 6 x 50; 1 x 100)

And after that I ran 4.5 miles home at recovery pace.

buchy2009

Bjørnmannen

Just finished my 6 mile pace run.  Felt pretty decent, although it was the first day in new shoes so my feet were a little achy.  It wasn't raining when I went out Sad, but I was excited to try out some of my new running treats for the first time (shoes, new tech shirts, running socks, etc.)/