Beginners and Beyond

Equal Pace Day Tuesday Penguins (Read 14 times)

Zelanie

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!

Zelanie

Today is National Equal Pay Day, because today is the day that a woman would have earned as much since Jan. 1, 2016 as a man would have earned in 2016.

For penguins, we know we need to run for a little bit more time to get the same distance as the non-penguins!  But being out there longer means we have more chances to see cool stuff, right?

Sending quick healing thoughts to your mom, HsM!

Docket_Rocket

Although not anymore after they signed the EO or rule last night!

I have 7 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Yeah, I hate to bring politics into this thread, but I will say that this administration has caused me to have political opinions for a change!  There, that's vague enough, right?

Zel, I use that explanation often!  "Did you see that cool flower?  No?  You must've been running too fast!!" 

Docket, enjoy your 7!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Zelanie

"Did you see that cool flower?  No?  You must've been running too fast!!" 

Exactly!

Singer who runs a smidge

And the license plate saga continues.  I did indeed have to purchase new plates.  I called the number given to me by the officer and got an automated message on how to pay the fine.  I logged onto the website the message indicated, only to find that my case doesn't exist.  Seriously, I must somehow be cyber-unplottable!!  So I called the second number (buried at the end of the long automated message) and got a real person.  I told her what was going on, and she said that I would probably have to come to court to explain why I suddenly had two different license plate numbers.

Sheesh.

She did say that I might be able to call the officer, send him my evidence of purchasing new plates, and maybe he could take it to the judge instead of me.  So I've left a message for the officer.  We'll see how that goes.

Sheesh.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Oh, and my case doesn't exist because this happened less than a week ago.  "Oh yeah, we won't have gotten that into the system yet!"  But ... but ... I was told to get it fixed immediately!

Docket_Rocket

And the license plate saga continues.  I did indeed have to purchase new plates.  I called the number given to me by the officer and got an automated message on how to pay the fine.  I logged onto the website the message indicated, only to find that my case doesn't exist.  Seriously, I must somehow be cyber-unplottable!!  So I called the second number (buried at the end of the long automated message) and got a real person.  I told her what was going on, and she said that I would probably have to come to court to explain why I suddenly had two different license plate numbers.

Sheesh.

She did say that I might be able to call the officer, send him my evidence of purchasing new plates, and maybe he could take it to the judge instead of me.  So I've left a message for the officer.  We'll see how that goes.

Sheesh.

And this is why you will probably end up paying the fine..I mean, when you can find it in their system.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

HopesMom - that's crazy.  Did the officer says something when he pulled you over about your plates not being in the system? Usually they run a check.

D - I hope your 7 on the TM go well.

Z - are you back from your conference?

I'm joining the Beer Runners this evening, if the thunderstorms stay away. (50% chance according to Accuweather.)  Now that it's light later, I don't have to worry about tripping on cracked sidewalks in the dark, so I hope to join them more often.

Singer who runs a smidge

And this is why you will probably end up paying the fine..I mean, when you can find it in their system.

That's what I suspect.  Guess I should check back sometime between now and mid-June, which is my court date!

Singer who runs a smidge

HopesMom - that's crazy.  Did the officer says something when he pulled you over about your plates not being in the system? Usually they run a check.

D - I hope your 7 on the TM go well.

Z - are you back from your conference?

I'm joining the Beer Runners this evening, if the thunderstorms stay away. (50% chance according to Accuweather.)  Now that it's light later, I don't have to worry about tripping on cracked sidewalks in the dark, so I hope to join them more often.

He didn't say anything, which surprised me when I found out I didn't exist.  I mean, wouldn't you mention that peculiarity?

PADRunner

5 for me this morning.

I got a ticket for an expired inspection sticker a few years ago. They said if I got it inspected and took the receipt in they would probably drop it and they did. Worth a shot.

Zelanie

Ginny- Yes, we got in 2AM Saturday morning.  Then I had a busy weekend with work Sat morning, back to back 10 milers, and a paper due.  Somehow that all got done.  Hope the lightning didn't stop the beer run!

I ran 4.4.  In the first part of my run, I ran past DH and his mom who were out walking the dogs.  Then a bit later, my frequent running partner ran past me on her tempo run.  I didn't even think she'd be running in that park, so that was fun.  We ran a few recoveries together before I headed home.