Beginners and Beyond

I was planning to run this as a Long Run Oops. Martian HM RR. (Read 89 times)

LRB

My Goal race is the 5/3 Riverbank Run in Grand Rapids on May 11.  I want to be Sub 2 for sure and closer to sub 1:55 for the 25k race.

Hmm, a 7:24 pace for 15.53 miles 'eh?  Impressive!  Based on your splits today, you are trending in the right direction!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Great job!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Love the Half

13.1 miles at marathon effort is a good, hard workout.  You will reap benefits from that.  Nice job.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

LRB

13.1 miles at marathon effort is a good, hard workout.  You will reap benefits from that.  Nice job.

God has spoken!

Great run/race. I was thinking of running this as a long run too, but instead I was still in bed listening to the sleet hit my roof. I'm much slower than you, so I know I would have been caught in yukky weather.

How has this Michigan winter been for you. It really has been cold this year.

Good luck on the 5/3 bank run.

Awesome!

Rubybaby43

enabler

Let's see since I liked the t-shirt, I decided earlier this week to run the Martian HM in Dearborn this morning in place of my LR.  I didn't really push the pace especially the 2nd half but I didn't run it at long run pace either.  results 1:41:51.  I was trying to keep it at feeling no harder than say a MP effort run which is why the 2nd half was a lot slower and I walked a couple of aide stations.  It was great running weather except for the last say 30 minute or so when it started to snain (snow/rain).

8:01

7:34

7:20

7:28

7:25

7:36

7:43

7:42

8:05

7:44

8:04

7:49

7:48

The shirt?!!  What about that medal!!

Awesome pace there.  One day I want to grow up and run a HM that fast.

KLO

more miles = more beer

LRB

The shirt?!!  What about that medal!!

The 10k medal was really nice, I have not seen the half marathon medal.  The 5k finishers got a button lmao!

Although I won my age group, I left before times were released or I may have gotten some bling.  Boo.

Rubybaby43

enabler

The 10k medal was really nice, I have not seen the half marathon medal.  The 5k finishers got a button lmao!

Although I won my age group, I left before times were released or I may have gotten some bling.  Boo.

I almost scoffed at the button comment.  But then again, the only time I have ever received a medal for running a 5K was when I place 3rd female overall.  So, I might enjoy a button from a 5K.  haha!

KLO

more miles = more beer

LRB

I almost scoffed at the button comment.  But then again, the only time I have ever received a medal for running a 5K was when I place 3rd female overall.  So, I might enjoy a button from a 5K.  haha!

I was going to post a pic of the stupid thing, but cannot remember where the hell I put it lol!

Posted a pic of the medals on my RR thread. And even made a smartass comment about you not getting one. Evil

Dave

LRB

Posted a pic of the medals on my RR thread. And even made a smartass comment about you not getting one. Evil

I saw that, check this out...

LRB

It's the size of a fifty cent piece.  They could have spent that money on blueberry muffins and served those post-race instead of them plain ass bagels!

Hip Redux

You need to put that bad boy on a jean jacket and totally live up the 80s all over again!

It's the size of a fifty cent piece.  They could have spent that money on blueberry muffins and served those post-race instead of them plain ass bagels!

LRB

You need to put that bad boy on a jean jacket and totally live up the 80s all over again!

Right?  When she handed it to me I was like WTF is this lol!