Beginners and Beyond

The 5K with the most turns? (Read 49 times)

Hip Redux

Doing a 5k at my alma mater this Saturday.  Free "race" put on by the student association.  And I get a t-shirt!  But here's the map, it.s 2.5 loops around....and I am thinking they might have mapped a 5k with more turns than ever thought possible lol

Docket_Rocket

That's normal for some that I have run.  I think I like those better than the out and backs unless there are no marshals and I might get lost, LOL.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

It looks like about 40 turns for the 3 miles.  You seriously have real races with that many turns? lol

LRB

You are going to be miserable the second time through that thing. lol

Hip Redux

You are going to be miserable the second time through that thing. lol

Especially considering one part of the route is merely an alley-way between buildings. lol

B-Plus

Better load that one into some turn-by-turn running navigation app.

Hip Redux

I think the best part is the loop down where it marks the 1st and 2nd miles is just a loop around the parking lot.  lol  But hey, what do you expect with free!

bluerun

Super B****

It's what happens when you combine course design with happy hour!  (These are HMs.  But still.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

It's what happens when you combine course design with happy hour!  (These are HMs.  But still.)

This one looks like a lady in a blue evening gown with big hair smoking a pipe.

bluerun

Super B****

I'd say you're either drinking or smoking something, but... I see it. 

chasing the impossible

Hip Redux

I think my niece drew something similar to the first one in crayon when she was 4.  

Hip Redux

Her hair is in a bun.

bluerun

Super B****

Her hair is in a bun.

No, she's wearing a really fancy hat with a feather in it.

chasing the impossible

LRB

Her hair is in a bun.

Ah yes, that's what it is. Good call!

LRB

No, she's wearing a really fancy hat with a feather in it.

Hmm, could also be that...or a cat perched on her head with its tail curled under.