Beginners and Beyond

Where is the Sunny Dailies?? (Read 39 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

You guys are seriously slacking...

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

As for me, it might be a rest day or it might not, who knows 

Dorian and I are going to church this morning, it'll be Dorian's first time ever, and my 3rd time in a church. Then, other than maybe getting a run in, I'll go through my list of items I'll need to purchase for the trip next week/end.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have a Cirque du Soleil show in the afternoon and then a run.  Not sure how long.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 10.2 miles in sunshine.  It was a sweet way to start the day.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Cyberic

Hello,

Still below freezing point, but the sun is nice and it's gonna get warmer soon.

Ran 17 with 9 at MP. That's 80 for the week with 20 at MP or faster.

Was wearing the Adios Boost 2, and I've come to the conclusion that that particular pair of shoes can't be my marathon shoe. It creates a blister under my left foot's big toe. Don't know why, can't see anything wrong with the shoe, but I'm just not going to race my marathon in them. I still have my plan B which is last September's Adios 2 non boost I wore in Montreal.

Good morning!

I ran 10.2 miles in sunshine.  It was a sweet way to start the day.

I hope everyone has a great day!

66 miles the week after a marathon - unreal.

Dave

That's 80 for the week with 20 at MP or faster.

Whoa.

Dave

LRB

You guys are seriously slacking...

"A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms. Enthusiasms... What are mine? What draws my admiration? What is that which gives me joy? Baseball! A man stands alone at the plate. This is the time for what? For individual achievement. There he stands alone. But in the field, what? Part of a team. Teamwork... Looks, throws, catches, hustles. Part of one big team. Bats himself the live-long day, Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb, and so on. If his team don't field... what is he? You follow me? No one! Sunny day, the stands are full of fans. What does he have to say? I'm goin' out there for myself. But... I get nowhere unless the team wins."

Cyberic

66 miles the week after a marathon - unreal.

Those were my peak weeks last cycle going into the marathon.

Cyberic

"A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms. Enthusiasms... What are mine? What draws my admiration? What is that which gives me joy? Baseball! A man stands alone at the plate. This is the time for what? For individual achievement. There he stands alone. But in the field, what? Part of a team. Teamwork... Looks, throws, catches, hustles. Part of one big team. Bats himself the live-long day, Babe Ruth, Ty Cobb, and so on. If his team don't field... what is he? You follow me? No one! Sunny day, the stands are full of fans. What does he have to say? I'm goin' out there for myself. But... I get nowhere unless the team wins."

Feeling philosophic there, LRB?

LRB

I ran 7 today, 3.1 of them at 6:54.

I finished the week with 36 measly miles. lol But I ran 6 consecutive days, and am poised to step into the 40's, so I am pleased. Smile

Cyberic

Whoa.

Don't you have a crazy workout planned for today? What is it again? 16 with 12 at MP?

Cyberic

I ran 7 today, 3.1 of them at 6:54.

I finished the week with 36 measly miles. lol But I ran 6 consecutive days, and am poised to step into the 40's, so I am pleased. Smile

Rehab is going well, that's very cool!

Half Crazy K 2.0

10.88 with 8 x 3 min at 5k pace. 40 for the week.

Cyberic

10.88 with 8 x 3 min at 5k pace. 40 for the week.

That is a very hard workout. You spent almost as much time at 5K pace (24 minutes) as it took you to race your 5K PR.