Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies and wake up already omg (Read 46 times)

delicate flower

Happy Saturday!  It's 8:00 and how about you WAKE UP.  I love getting extra weekend sleep.  I've got a 10 mile run I'm fixing to do in a bit once I finish this breakfast coffee.  After that, wife and I are headed to Petco to check out the greyhound adoption group meet 'n greet.  DOGGERS!!!

Good luck and safe travels to our Boston peeps this weekend!  Jay, onemile, B+, Lily, anyone else I forgot...

Get after it.

<3

LRB

Breakfast coffee? Yes please.

B-Plus

Finally! I checked at some ungodly hour and there were no dailies yet.

I'm at the airport getting ready to sit on my ass for several hours. Good luck lily, J, and 1!

Thanks Baboon! Sup LRB?

cjones1

Good morning! Coffee? Check. Donuts? Check. Run? Check. 5m in the actual daylight this morning.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, gents!

I was up early to walk 5.35 miles, the longest distance I've covered by foot at one time since mid-December. Add a mile a week and start mixing in some running when I get the all-clear, and I should be able to shuffle my way through my June half. Right?

Now refueled with peanut butter-banana oatmeal and sipping my first cup of coffee.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Hip Redux

I slept until 8.   I probably would have slept longer but the dog wanted to get up.   It's hard to ignore a wet nose in the face.

URD but starting to feel like I'm turning the corner.   I can walk without too much discomfort though bending at the waist is still a hot mess.

Safe travels to everyone heading to my lovely home state!

LRB

Sup LRB?

• I took two cuttings from a dying plant that is 19 years old in hopes of saving it. I got that thing a month after buying my first house.
                • I need to pick up tables and chairs for my nieces baby shower and deliver them. Then, pick them up again.
                • I need to do yard-work either today or tomorrow.
                • I need to do some type of upper body workout, again either today or tomorrow.
                • The dailies were started when I checked in this morning so that was one less thing I needed to do.
                • The Martian 5k was this morning and it still has not hit me that I was not there.
                • Speaking of that, my stupid shin does not seem affected by yesterday's run.

Other than that, nothing much. lol

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I am freaking exhausted, 

It was 57 degrees, 94% humidity and I didn't see dew point anywhere on the new wfie 14 website so I'll have to start using another weather site source. It was mean to be an easy run since I plan on running 10 tomorrow, but this 6 miler ended up being a progressive run and Rocky still had his groove though it was tough for him too. He'll be taking a break tomorrow.

I'd have to say that 6 miles is definitely the max of what I'll run before heading to the gym. Focused on the back this morning, ended up being there for an hour and 8 minutes.

Wide Grip Lat Pull Down: 60lbsX15reps, 70lbsX8reps, 60lbsX15reps, 70lbsX8reps, 60lbsX15reps, 70lbsX8reps
                  One Arm Dumbbell Row: 40lbsX10reps, 45lbsX8reps, 40lbsX10reps, 45lbsX8reps, 40lbsX10reps, 45lbsX8reps
                  Underhand Seated Cable Row: 55lbsX12reps, 65lbsX8reps, 55lbsX12reps, 65lbsX8reps, 55lbsX12reps, 70lbsX10reps
                  Pull Ups (90lbs assistance): 6 / 5 / 5
                  Parallel Grip Lat Pull Down: 60lbsX12reps, 70lbsX8reps, 60lbsX12reps, 70lbsX8reps, 60lbsX12reps, 70lbsX8reps
                  Seated Cable Row: 60lbsX12reps, 70lbsX8reps, 60lbsX12reps, 70lbsX8reps, 60lbsX12reps, 80lbsX9reps
                  Machine Lat Pull Down: 95lbsX8reps, 100lbsX8reps, 95lbsX10reps, 100lbsX8reps, 95lbsX10reps, 105lbsX8reps

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

outoftheblue

The weasel has taken out two more chickens.  We're going to the hardware store to figure out what else we can do to protect them.  I may have to get myself a comfortable spot to sit with a shotgun this afternoon.   I feel like I've failed my birds.

Other than that, a SRD, with some core work planned.  I also did some research and found a great looking sport massage/therapy clinic in the bay area.  It's going to have to be a couple of weeks out until I can get back there again, but I'm going to make an appointment and see if they can help resolve some of my lingering hamstring issues.

Life is good.

onemile

I ran 5. Thank god the marathon wasn't today. 

I suppose I should finish packing.  My flight doesn't leave until 5.

Little Blue

Happy Saturday, crew!

Finished the Flying Pirate 5K, time of 27:27.   Far off of my PR 24:17 from this race last year, but I was just hoping to break 30:00.  I've run a grand sum of 27 miles in the last two months.  My back started to fuss during my warmup slog, so I knew I was not starting well.  It complained the entire way, but I ignored it and ran by feel.  9:04, 8:52, 8:41, finished 12/76 or so in my AG.  I'll take it.

Sunny and 70 today, I plan to sit and enjoy the beach.

outoftheblue

I ran 5. Thank god the marathon wasn't today. 

I suppose I should finish packing.  My flight doesn't leave until 5.

Good luck at Boston!

Life is good.

LRB

Happy Saturday, crew!

Finished the Flying Pirate 5K, time of 27:27.   Far off of my PR 24:17 from this race last year, but I was just hoping to break 30:00.  I've run a grand sum of 27 miles in the last two months.  My back started to fuss during my warmup slog, so I knew I was not starting well.  It complained the entire way, but I ignored it and ran by feel.  9:04, 8:52, 8:41, finished 12/76 or so in my AG.  I'll take it.

Sunny and 70 today, I plan to sit and enjoy the beach.

This pleases me.

LRB

The weasel has taken out two more chickens.  We're going to the hardware store to figure out what else we can do to protect them.  I may have to get myself a comfortable spot to sit with a shotgun this afternoon.   I feel like I've failed my birds.

You probably should take it to the next level in your line of thinking. If that leads to his demise (and that of his crew) well then such is the life of nature.

delicate flower

I've got a 10 mile run I'm fixing to do in a bit 

10.54 at 7:45 pace.  Off to go do shit now....

<3