Beginners and Beyond

Ratified Tuesday Penguins (Read 30 times)

hog4life

A mouse just ran onto my foot while I was using the bathroom at work.

And.....

I was at work once, sitting at a desk, using the computer, little rodent scurried across the keyboard as I was typing. Scared the life out of me!!

From the Internet.

Hi pens! Back for personals in a bit. 3 easy miles for me this morning, warm enough for shorts and dark enough to wear my reflective vest. The novelty of running in the dark hasn't worn off for me yet, haha.

DD's first kindergarten visit/interview was this morning! She knocked it out of the park (well, at 5 it's a very small park, but still) - they loved her and she had a great time Smile Now if only we could get enough financial aid to actually send her there!

SheCan

Good morning penguins!

PAD-- at 4 in the morning?   Insane indeed.

Mitch-- thoughts are with you.  It really is hard to see the affects of neglecting one's health.  Awesome turnout for the c25k program!

Jerry--- have fun with your buddy!

DR-- sorry you didn't sleep well. Hope the cough gets better.

Scotty-- Hope your legs feel better and you can get in that weight training circuit-- yuck!

Dan-- sometimes that's as good of reason as any to take the day off.

Zelanie-- "going to see Nebraska"?  I'm so confused!

HsM-- I'm a weather wimp, too, so I'm gonna hope your rain clears.  Good luck on your CT scan tomorrow.

Bin-- that sounds like an awesome run.  You're doing a half marathon on March 2nd?

Jack-- oh no @ you getting a FB.  That doesn't mean you're going to start ignoring us Penguins and doing all your running forums on FB, does it?  When does your training for the May marathon start?

kristin-- hope you aren't getting sick.  How's your foot feeling?

Ginny-- I'm luck that all of our trails down here aren't extremely technical.  We have a lot of grassland trails as well as mountain ones.  So if I'm feeling ambitious, I can add a more difficult loop or leg onto the run.  Also, in those places, I don't feel the need to push myself if I'm not up for it.  I know how much you love the trails, I hope you can find something that works for you.

5-1/2 easy recovery miles.  I was looking around the house today, and realized i have been such a lazy butt about housework, so i'm planning on getting some cleaning done.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Dad on the run.

Hey Pens!

Mitch - Sorry to hear about your FIL, I hope he pulls through all of this.

I was going to run yesterday but it rained pretty much all day and when I got home I got this aweful migraine from hell that kept me up half the night, I finally had to take a Maxalt, get in a hot bath and lay there with a hot towel over my head and proceeded to fall asleep in the tub until I woke up and felt like I could breathe from all the heat, I felt a little better so got back in bed and woke up this morning migraine free, yay!

Plan for a few miles tonight with the boys and a buddy from work is wanting me to meet him Saturday for a slow 10:30-11:00m/m long run. He is planning for 13-15 so I will just join him and run until I feel like I've hit my limit.

Also only 14 more weeks until Samuel Lucas Black gets here! We are planning for an April 16th c-section but we haven't set that in stone with the Dr. yet.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Docket_Rocket

Jack, that cracked me up about FB. I need to find you.

Little update, they are keeping FIL, getting him off the Plavix, getting his sugar down, and will be able to do surgery. Still scary though bc it will be open heart, and the risks are very high. So now we are waiting to see when the sugery will schedule, then the wife and I will take a road trip.

I will be thinking of him.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Well, heck Dan, 40 mph winds, I'd take the day off too!

Wow, Zelanie, you're going to see Nebraska from Oregon?  How long a drive is  that?  And what's to see in Nebraska?  Snow and more snow....cows...hay....

Good luck with all those tests, HsM!  Hope you get good results!

Hope your legs get their 'spring' back, Jack...if not...try this...

photo spring_zpsc2a54041.jpg

Congrats on getting to the gym, Kristin.  Maybe you better forego the swimming if you're trying to fight something off, wouldn't being in the water make you feel cold/colder?   Ugg about the mouse...

Mitch, maybe your mouse was going to visit its cousin,  Puter Mouse.

Wow, Lauren, that says a lot about our times when kindergarten requires financial aid, sheesh.   Congrats on your miles!

weight training circuit-- yuck!  Well, Cherie, I could say the same about housework.   I am very lazy about doing my weight training circuit, but I really must be more disciplined about it because the exercises program there was designed by my PT to specifically help with my arthritis.  When I don't do it, I can tell the difference.  Good luck with the house cleaning!  Which does count as cross-training, you know.   You know, SheCan, you should really do your husband a favor and have him do the housework....because....  http://www.today.com/money/guys-be-happy-do-housework-really-863468       I bet he will jump right on it, correct? 

Sorry about the migraine, Jimmy, that sounds awful, all that you go through with that.  Good luck with the upcoming running.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

She Can: No worries. I am going to put minimal stuff on there. I only got one because my cousin married a psycho who puts her whole life on there so it is kind of like following a bad soap opera. Oh, it's also for the miles game. The only thing I have on there is a picture from my gig on Saturday night.

Scotty: Let's hope I don't have to resort to that! Wink

Singer who runs a smidge

A mouse just ran onto my foot while I was using the bathroom at work.

I'd probably be surprised, but not freaked.  However, we moved some boxes in my lab and there was a HUGE spider sitting under one of them.  I shrieked and ran across the room, and one of the grad students PICKED IT UP and took it outside!! 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

GinnyinPA

PADRunner - I hope your travels go well.  Good job getting a run in so early.

Mitch - sorry about your FIL.  It is so frustrating when people you care about just won't take care of themselves.  There's nothing you can do but love them anyway and pray for a change.

Jerry - enjoy your reunion with your college friend.

Damaris - sorry about the coughing.  Are you getting sick too?

Scotty - good job on the hills y'day.  Have fun at the gym.

Dan - have a good run.  How are the allergies?

Zelanie - enjoy the movie.

HM - I hope the weather allows you to walk again.  Good luck with the CT tomorrow.

Bin - that's a long tempo run.

Jack - I hope your legs get back to normal soon.

Kristin - I bet that mouse had you moving quickly!  Enjoy your swim.  I hope you're not getting sick.

Lauren - good job on the early run.  After last week's cold, running in shorts in the dark must feel like summer.

Cherie - I did a major house cleaning when I finally cleared out Christmas.  It was overdue.

Jimmy - what set off the migraine?  Hope you're feeling better today. Enjoy your evening run.

AFM:  A drizzly day.  I'm glad it's  a SRD.  The forecast calls for some rain every day this week, with the possibility of some snow. Yech.

Singer who runs a smidge

Weather.com said it was not currently raining where I am.  However, weather.Hope'sMom noticed immediately upon exiting the building that it was, indeed, raining.  I took three steps and said, "Screw this", and headed back to my lab.  I'll check again in an hour or so ...

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Weather.com said it was not currently raining where I am.  However, weather.Hope'sMom noticed immediately upon exiting the building that it was, indeed, raining.  I took three steps and said, "Screw this", and headed back to my lab.  I'll check again in an hour or so ...

I would trust weather.HOpe's Mom more.

Ginny, no.  A bad case of reflux.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

PADRunner - I hope your travels go well.  Good job getting a run in so early.

Mitch - sorry about your FIL.  It is so frustrating when people you care about just won't take care of themselves.  There's nothing you can do but love them anyway and pray for a change.

Jerry - enjoy your reunion with your college friend.

Damaris - sorry about the coughing.  Are you getting sick too?

Scotty - good job on the hills y'day.  Have fun at the gym.

Dan - have a good run.  How are the allergies?

Zelanie - enjoy the movie.

HM - I hope the weather allows you to walk again.  Good luck with the CT tomorrow.

Bin - that's a long tempo run.

Jack - I hope your legs get back to normal soon.

Kristin - I bet that mouse had you moving quickly!  Enjoy your swim.  I hope you're not getting sick.

Lauren - good job on the early run.  After last week's cold, running in shorts in the dark must feel like summer.

Cherie - I did a major house cleaning when I finally cleared out Christmas.  It was overdue.

Jimmy - what set off the migraine?  Hope you're feeling better today. Enjoy your evening run.

AFM:  A drizzly day.  I'm glad it's  a SRD.  The forecast calls for some rain every day this week, with the possibility of some snow. Yech.

Sounds like you need a San Antonio winter get-away for a few days.  We have sunshine, good running, and post-running margaritas on the Riverwalk! 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Foot feels fine! I'm feeling ok just a little sore throat and a little less energy than usual. I have a 6:00am spin class that I'd really like to get myself to in the morning so I may skip the pool in favor of a good nights sleep instead. We shall see.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Singer who runs a smidge

Sounds like you need a San Antonio winter get-away for a few days.  We have sunshine, good running, and post-running margaritas on the Riverwalk! 

I think EVERYBODY needs this!!  Weather.Hope'sMom found a 10-minute break in the rain, and put a 0.5 mile walk into it.  Yeehaw!

Dad on the run.

Ginny - I don't know what sets them off, I really wish I knew. I have them so randomly that it's hard to really pinpoint one thing.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.