Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES: Mirror Mirror On The Wall, Am I The Smartest Of Them All? (Read 51 times)

Luke79

Luke, what's the alphabet thing?

That is where you move your foot in circular motions with your toe pointed towards the ground, almost as if you are writing the alphabet with your big toe.  It's often recommended as a helpful exercise to combat shin splints, but it seems to be helping with my PF.  Come to think of it, that helped with my shin splints back in the day.  Keep in mind, these issues remain ONLY with the right leg.  My left leg is straight Robocop....can't be fucked with.

LRB

That is where you move your foot in circular motions with your toe pointed towards the ground, almost as if you are writing the alphabet with your big toe.  It's often recommended as a helpful exercise to combat shin splints, but it seems to be helping with my PF.  Come to think of it, that helped with my shin splints back in the day.  Keep in mind, these issues remain ONLY with the right leg.  My left leg is straight Robocop....can't be fucked with.

Got it!

I've had issues with both legs so no Robocop for  me lol!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

So I'm off to yoga.... Usually I will either go to yoga 4:30 on Friday or 1:30 on Saturday. But the weather is likely going to be really bad at both times....so I'm being Pre-emptive and going to an 8:30-10:00pm class now. Usually I'm too wiped after a 10.5 hour work day, but since I was off my full time job today I have plenty of energy for it. I think it will cap off a great daySmile

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

My breathing was a bit down but I hammered 11 miles without blinking.  Not as fast as my normal but a great workout.

Now I am about to eat mofongo. yum.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

14 miles, 8:08 pace. I felt bad all day and I was wondering why the bag of chocolate chip cookies had gone so fast between my hands. Now I know why. I so wished sometimes that I had to deal with just bloody nipples instead of all this crap... You ladies understand me, I'm sure.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Just B.S.

Very hard but satisfying workout at swim clinic!!

1,200 yards in total with a middle section of  150 X 4 with 15 seconds rest for a total of 600 yards.

One month ago I could barely make 50 yards without huffing and puffing!!

If felt amazing!!

Started the day at 6am with the personal trainer and ended at 6pm with 3 miles on he treadmill with the DW running next to me.

See y'all tomorrow!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

runmomto3boys

Kristin: How amazing are you!!??!?!!?  You are getting so incredibly fast!  Keep it up, girly!  Whatever you are doing is working!

Dave: Slovenia?????  What an incredible trip, even if it is for work!  I'm jealous!!!

Tom: Great job on the 5 w/the 1 mile repeats in there - speedy!!!

DC Dan: Welcome!!!

LRB: Guess what?  I'm ditching the music for my next race too!

Luke: I'm glad the exercises worked and you were able to resume the run and get through it pain free!  Yay!

Julie: I get it, for sure!   Still, a very nice MLR despite the circumstances!  Well done!

Damaris: I'm thrilled the 11 went well!  Nice recovery after yesterday's run, for sure!

Sparker: That's the way to close out the day!  Great work today!

Beth: It is incredible how far you've come with your swimming!  Awesome, awesome!

8 mile recovery run at 8:26 pace.  Guess what # I write on my hand - the number I wasn't allowed to go one second faster than?  Yep, 8:26.  :P

Just B.S.

I'm so jealous!Big grin

Greetings from beautiful Slovenia.

Flying home tomorrow after a weeklong business trip traveling around Europe. It was a challenge to get runs in, but I managed to get 5 miles in on Monday, and 10 miles today. Glad I brought my gear (including hat & gloves...).

8 mile recovery run at 8:26 pace.  Guess what # I write on my hand - the number I wasn't allowed to go one second faster than?  Yep, 8:26.  :P

Well speedy, you slowed it down a little tonight. Good job.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

It's late and I'm too tired to read through all the posts. Of the ones that caught my eye:

kristin10185 - glad you found a doc you like and trust. Any thoughts yet on how that will impact your race plans since he emphasized taking it slow with increasing your miles?

Dave - Slovenia looks picturesque. I'll have to add that to my list of potential vacation destinations.

Running's been haphazard this week. Already missed two days this month. With the weekend forecast I shifted my schedule to run intervals today at the park: 10 x .2 mile loop @ 8:00 pace, with a 1 loop jog recovery. Adding w/u and c/d a total of 7.1 miles.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

That picture of Slovenia picture is beautiful!

Wcrunner2- I guess the best I can do is wait and see. Keep up strength, stretching,, continue supplementing with the elliptical to keep my fitness up, start running again and see what happens. Spread out miles over 4 days instead of 3 to avoid a disproportionally long LR, listen to my body and see what I can handle. I'm definitely doing the March 5K but don't plan on racing it. It should be a really fun event (lots of live entertainment playing blues, salsa and jazz throughout the course, free Irish breakfast at a track and field themed pub after, neat route by the George Washington Bridge, at least 4 friends also running it) and I will view it as a fun training run. As for the rest of my plans I will play by ear.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

9.5 at 7:45 avg. pace.

That picture of Slovenia does look pretty. But I have to admit I'm ready to for no more snow.

I was in so much agony, that I just wanted the stupid race to be over.

Been there!!!!

Dave

Zelanie

DCDan- Welcome!  Sorry about the race this weekend, but there will always be another!  Good luck in your 10K training!

I got home and my new shoes were waiting for me.  Ran 6.5 on the TM and now it's time to hit the sack!