Beginners and Beyond

Moaning Mondailies (Read 18 times)

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Post!

Today is a rest day for me.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

A thread title I can relate toπŸ˜€

getting a sore shoulder or collarbone from big swim would not be odd; nor sore hip or groin from breaststroke kick.   But sore forefoot up by the middle toe, ring toe and little toe?  WTF

Workday, rest day.

will run tomorrow

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Matter over mind for me today.  I went out when it was gray and 36º.  About a mile in, the wind picked up. Then the rain started.  By 2 miles in the rain was heavier and mixing with heavy, wet snowflakes.  When I got to a turning point where left would lead me on a 5 mile run and right would get me 3½ miles, I turned right.  I should ask my PT whether running in shorts in 36º feels like 28º counts as icing my knee.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
        10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

sdWhiskers

5.2 miles in our coldest at 38F but the sun was shining so not horrible. Very thankful to not have Fred's rain/snow.

Came to work and for the past hour, IT has been trying to fix something minor on my laptop. They are remote of course and doesn't seem like progress is happening.

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon! Pilates after work for me.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

And we were just sent home because someone here tested positive TODAY. Sigh. Until February 2, yay.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

And we were just sent home because someone here tested positive TODAY. Sigh. Until February 2, yay.

Gosh. If only there was something that could be done that is less disruptive to work than sending people home on a regular basis.  

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Nobody here gets sent home when someone tests positive and calls in. πŸ˜₯ I hope you continue to stay covid free.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

I was at a superspreader event last week, thoughts & prayers please. It ended Thursday night and I still feel OK, so hopefully I escaped unscathed.

7 miles with 10 strides squeezed in before a 7 AM meeting. It was extra annoying because I walked in the door at 6:50 and didn’t have time to shower or get food, the meeting was an hour, then I had a 45 min meeting after that before I could eat. I also have a 4 PM meeting so don’t even get to knock off early for comp time.

Dave

sdWhiskers

Nobody here gets sent home when someone tests positive and calls in. πŸ˜₯ I hope you continue to stay covid free.

We are "required" to wear a mask for 10 days and encouraged to test at day 3 and 5 if we sit in the same general area as a positive case. But required actually means suggested as there is no follow-up or consequence for not wearing a mask. At any given time, probably 20-30% of my site's 350 people are masked, mostly as personal preference.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

We are "required" to wear a mask for 10 days and encouraged to test at day 3 and 5 if we sit in the same general area as a positive case. But required actually means suggested as there is no follow-up or consequence for not wearing a mask. At any given time, probably 20-30% of my site's 350 people are masked, mostly as personal preference.

The only way we find out that someone tested positive is via work of mouth.   At least my firm still requires proof of vaccination to even be in the office and most days the office isn't that crowded.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                        10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

sdWhiskers

7 miles with 10 strides squeezed in before a 7 AM meeting. It was extra annoying because I walked in the door at 6:50 and didn’t have time to shower or get food, the meeting was an hour, then I had a 45 min meeting after that before I could eat. I also have a 4 PM meeting so don’t even get to knock off early for comp time.

When I have 5 or 6pm meetings with Asia, I'll usually not work for the hour or two before that...

Half Crazy K 2.0

Just overhead a conversation about who just tested positive/ recent contacts with them and put my mask back on. Plus, need to stay well because I need to act as family rep for my parents at a funeral.

Docket_Rocket

But your person wasn't in the office when they tested positive, no? They were here!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

My Garmin 220 will be 8 years old in March, and is still plugging away, but there is a crack in the band that could probably go all the way through any time. No plan to replace the watch, but might be investing in a new band. Should I get the official Garmin version for $40, or the generic version for $8? Tough call! 

Dave