Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #140 (Read 29 times)

The interesting things you learn when you have insomnia :

astronomical twilight, nautical twilight, civil twilight ?  Never seen those terms before

6.2, 3 flat then 3.2 hill with the .25 downs on side walk and the ups on road crown 

... maybe second run this afternoon 

Docket_Rocket

Morning! I have 7 and weights today.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

Daffy Duck, I learned about civil twilight in a weather class in college. One of the few pieces of info that stuck because it was useful. The non-technical explanation is that it is the time either before the offical sun rise or sun set where there is enough light for outdoor actvities. Useful for runners to know. When I was running after work in the winter, I wass always thrilled once civil twilight was afterr 6pm.

bluerun

Super B****

I decided it's pathetic that I can run a sub-20 5K but still struggle to run a sub-6 mile, so I decided to do a mile TT. I had to get up a little earlier today since I have an appointment (like, and ACTUAL one, not virtual) and I was hoping the track would be emptier, but nope, still a bit of a mob scene. Anyway, since I don't have much in the way of raw speed, the mile TT was not going well, so I changed my mind after the first quarter mile and ran a 5K instead. I tried to stick to lane 1 as much as I could so that my time could count for the club record board, but it didn't end up mattering, since I ran 19:51, and I'm currently on the board with a 19:46. I was a little annoyed, then I realized it's kind of awesome that I can be annoyed at having run a sub-20 5K, so I stopped being annoyed. Mostly.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

The interesting things you learn when you have insomnia :

From 2:00 am till about 3:50 I was wide awake to the point I could have gotten up and went for a run. At 5:16 when my alarm woke me up I felt like a ball of dung and had to drag myself out of the door to run!

8 miles.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Jett and I ran 5.3 miles last night, left adductor is a little sore this morning... not bad but I'm probably going to rest today, or take Dorian and Jetta for an easy hike, one or the other.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Half Crazy K 2.0

4.8 miles with 10 strides. I was going to try to get out early, like before 8am. Didn't happen.

sdWhiskers

the mile TT was not going well, so I changed my mind after the first quarter mile and ran a 5K instead. 

This would never be me

sdWhiskers

8 miles with 6-5-4-3-2-1 ladder, starting at 10k and working down to mile pace. Starbucks drive thru was closed (?) so no one tried to run me over.

Shoulder is sore and I'm not supposed to really lift over my head. Poor MrW had to help me take off my gross wet sports bra.

Docket_Rocket

This would never be me

Samesies.

I think I'm going to take my RD instead and just lift. I feel like I need a nap and been like that since Zyrtec day one, only getting worse. One more day so I can run tomorrow after I take it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

sdWhiskers, that sounds miserable with your shoulder.

Bluerun, no way would I stretch a 1 mile TT to a 5k. I was ready to bail after 1/2 mile when I did a mile on Saturday.

Question for those who have to go into work or not doing things from home, does your workplace have any sort of travel restrictions? Asking because I haven't seen people mentioning it on the race threads and am wondering how common this is. My work has a 2 week self quarantine if you have travelled out of state. So the idea of planning a trip to an out of state race just seems so far off to me. But I guess this isn't common?

Question for those who have to go into work or not doing things from home, does your workplace have any sort of travel restrictions? Asking because I haven't seen people mentioning it on the race threads and am wondering how common this is. My work has a 2 week self quarantine if you have travelled out of state. So the idea of planning a trip to an out of state race just seems so far off to me. But I guess this isn't common?

My company currently has shut down all “non-essential” business travel. (Some exceptions for tech service people needed to support customer issues on site). I have not heard about them doing anything with people who have traveled for personal reasons. They are developing a back-to-work plan, not sure what it will look like. I will need to travel for my job, we’ll see how soon that happens.

Dave

Runshortii

We got an email saying if we travel we’re supposed to self quarantine for 14 days, and we got an email saying we’re not allowed to take any forms of public transportation. Not sure how long that’ll be in effect though, I honestly doubt all year. I know a lot of employees that would just quit if they still had it in affect and travel for fun was resuming. Even my manager said “well just don’t tell anyone”