Beginners and Beyond

Sleepy Sundailies? (Read 46 times)

RunningOnSand

You guys are either running or sleeping. I'm betting the former.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Drinking coffee & eating a bagel to prepare for running 

RunningOnSand

Drinking coffee & eating a bagel to prepare for running 

Sounds perfect Big grin

I'm also drinking coffee. SRD for me. Go get 'em, runners!

Good Morning ROS, HalfCrazy, and Crew

Slept in a bit today. Hip flexor is still far from 100% but its improving. 3mi 9:30/mi. Don't wanna push it and have to take anymore rest days. Try for 4 tomorrow. Maybe another week Ill be back in action?

Coastal- Ughh that sucks...I hope you get better soon.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

nOOky

Good morning folks. Drinking coffee and getting ready to run. Thought I would check in here, yesterday was Western States lottery so I was wondering if Bread got in, I did not. Looking at other races like Bryce 100 to satisfy a Hard Rock qualifier etc.

I was known as Jay Wnuk on RW forums and I see a lot of familiar handles here. Hope everyone is doing well!

Istria 110k 4-6-2024

WS100 6-29-2024

UTMB 171k 8-30-2024

MCM 10-27-2024

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Good morning folks. Drinking coffee and getting ready to run. Thought I would check in here, yesterday was Western States lottery so I was wondering if Bread got in, I did not. Looking at other races like Bryce 100 to satisfy a Hard Rock qualifier etc.

I was known as Jay Wnuk on RW forums and I see a lot of familiar handles here. Hope everyone is doing well!

Check out Lotteries! in the Ultra Runners group.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Cyberic

20. 72 for the week.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have OTF coming up soon and 8 miles total for the day.

It the same right knee thing we discussed a while back.  I should have just gone in to the doctor when it started.  Doc thinks it is plica syndrome.  My knee cap is tracking to the outside which is putting stress on the medial plica.  We're going to do PT to see if it resolves.  If not we can try an injection, MRI, etc...  My Dr. appt was 2 months to the day after I had to walk home from a run.

Now I remember!  Yeah, I had that patella tracking issue after surgery and PT made me 100% quickly.  I think you'll be happy with what the PT can do (if it's just that).  Good luck and hoping they can see you soon!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

A year ago today, I wrapped up a 5 day excursion up the California coast from San Diego to Sacramento by getting my ass handed to me at the California International Marathon. My lackluster performance notwithstanding, it was the trip of a lifetime. Adventurous and totally spontaneous, it was the embodiment of my view on fun, and I cannot wait to do it again...just not the marathon part!

LRB

You guys are either running or sleeping. I'm betting the former.

When it's time to put in work, we are second to few. But when it's not, we can slack with the best of them. lol

RunningOnSand

When it's time to put in work, we are second to few. But when it's not, we can slack with the best of them. lol

Sounds like my kind of crew! Big grin (I'm part of the slacker crew this morning...and am enjoying every single second of it!)

Cyberic

A year ago today, I wrapped up a 5 day excursion up the California coast from San Diego to Sacramento by getting my ass handed to me at the California International Marathon. My lackluster performance notwithstanding, it was the trip of a lifetime. Adventurous and totally spontaneous, it was the embodiment of my view on fun, and I cannot wait to do it again...just not the marathon part!

Been many years since I left on a spontaneous road trip. Used to like that a lot earlier in life. There were no marathons involved, either Smile

Half Crazy K 2.0

6 miles. Was doing an out and back. Before I turned around I passed a guy walking down the street with an empty hand cart. On the way back, he had 2 cases of beer on it. He clearly stopped in the bar/packaged goods store, I assume in preparation for the Ravens game. Place was busy this morning--county laws here are wacky. Stand alone liquor/beer stores can't open on Sunday, but those attached to a bar can.

Cyberic

6 miles. Was doing an out and back. Before I turned around I passed a guy walking down the street with an empty hand cart. On the way back, he had 2 cases of beer on it. He clearly stopped in the bar/packaged goods store, I assume in preparation for the Ravens game. Place was busy this morning--county laws here are wacky. Stand alone liquor/beer stores can't open on Sunday, but those attached to a bar can.

Weird law, indeed.

bluerun

Super B****

7.22 ... w/u, 1-mile race, 4-mile race, c/d.  Last year I did this BECAUSE of the mile race, but it was a sucky course, and I've given up on chasing that particular goal for now because it was just getting too frustrating, so I'm not entirely sure why I registered for this.  Other than to combat my own paranoia and superstition, since it was a week after this race last year that I sfx-ed my ankle.  And to see whether the cortisone could hold up to a race-ish pace.  (It can, kind of.)

6:23 mile (LOL), 28:05 4-mile, which is a PR.  First female in both, so I won the 1+4 mile challenge.  I'm not quite sure where to put all these trophies...

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog