Beginners and Beyond

Thank you, Friday Penguins!! (Read 10 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Today has a bajillion different holidays, including International Dot Day and National Hug Your Boss Day (just no), but I went with National Thank You Day.  Thanks for being here, being either slow or accomodating of slowness, and for not fussing that I rarely actually run!!

Lab AC is getting worked on now.  Thanks to them for that, because I was getting tired of being too warm.  Now I'm actually even warmer, because they had to shut it off completely to work on it, but hopefully we'll be back in the cooldown by the end of the day.

Quartet rehearsal tonight, woo-hoo!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  It feels like this has been the longest weekend ever (since last week, LOL).  I need to get back to the office for some normalcy, sheesh.

Went to PT, now I have Pilates with hubby, later OTF and maybe the 5 miles I missed due to lack of power, but not really worried about the missed miles.

HopesMom, not hugging my boss, alright.  Enjoy quartet rehearsal!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

HM - I hope you finally got cooled off. Happy weekend.

D - Busy day for you. I hope things get back to normal next week.

AFM:  Hard 6 mile run. No reason, really, except that it was warm and humid and I've gotten used to cooler and dryer. This is more normal for September, but I was enjoying the coolness.