Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES Wisdom (Read 33 times)

LRB

A bird in the hand will eventually poop in it. 

LRB

'Sup.

I did some light core and leg work this morning, choosing to pass on an elliptical session. I'll get back at that tomorrow. Yoga tonight.

What's up?

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 5 this morning.  I was lucky enough to hit a dry window on a very rainy day.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Cyberic

Ran to work in my old favorites Adidas Supernova Glide 7s. Hit 1600 kms (very close to 1000 miles) with this run, but they started hurting my right foot in a way old shoes do. So they'll get officially retired tonight. The question is do I run back home in them? Do I take a cab?

I'll probably run in them, since it's only 3.5 miles back, but my foot hurts.

4. Ha. I think this is the only 4 in the schedule other than the day before the race.

Dave

delicate flower

'Morning!!  Another 2500 yard swim this morning.  I have swims scheduled the next two days as well but I think I need to sit the next one out.  My upper body has had it.  4 mile run later today.

A bird in the hand will eventually poop in it. 

I had to clean bird poop off my bike after Saturday's ride.   So much poop!  It was all up in my front rings and didn't clean easy.

<3

LRB

So I was about 10 minutes away from home before I realized I didn't have my work ID, any money, OR my wallet. How does that even happen??

#moron

LRB

'Morning!!  Another 2500 yard swim this morning.  I have swims scheduled the next two days as well but I think I need to sit the next one out.  My upper body has had it.  4 mile run later today.

I had to clean bird poop off my bike after Saturday's ride.   So much poop!  It was all up in my front rings and didn't clean easy.

What the hell kind of bird was it, a turkey. lol

So I was about 10 minutes away from home before I realized I didn't have my work ID, any money, OR my wallet. How does that even happen??

#moron

One day I got about 15 minutes before realizing I somehow had failed to grab my gym bag. Which would not have prevented me from running, but of course had all my work clothes in it. Obviously had to turn around. #supermoron

Dave

Docket_Rocket

I once got TO work only to realize I had left my laptop at my house. So I had to drive back home in rush hour traffic and go back to the office in worse rush hour traffic than the first trip.  Serves me right!

I have Orange Theory and 4-5 miles tonight, but I think I'll run at OTF and then run the difference post workout, since I won't have time otherwise.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

onemile

I once got TO work only to realize I had left my laptop at my house.

I have done that before. Borrowed a loaner laptop for the day

onemile

Yesterday I was wondering if I would ever want to run again. But I started feeling the itch again this morning.  I am going to take a few more days off though

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Well.... LRB.... I decided to try some squats yesterday afternoon, or course I used my 30 lb weight bar..... and before that I did some walking lunges at the office, down the hall and back, probably a total of 20.... didn't want to go crazy, plus my quads were starting to burn towards the end.

But I did 12 squats, and felt that was good enough for the first time since probably... 2014.. which I think was the last time I attempted adding squats to my routines. This morning I am definitely feeling sore deep within the tops of my hamstrings, near my butt... can't say with 100% certainty that the squats and lunges are to blame since I also used the prone leg curl and leg extension machine yesterday morning.... but it is the soreness or pain that usually follows my attempts at squats.

Maybe I'm squatting too deep/low?

Anyways... this morning I went to the gym and added the Hip Abduction machine and the Donkey Kick machine (Glute machine, Butt Blaster, whatever).

No automatic alt text available.

My poison ivy is driving me crazy, especially when sweating which is what normally happens at the gym...........

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

Yesterday I was wondering if I would ever want to run again. But I started feeling the itch again this morning.  I am going to take a few more days off though

Thumbs up!

LRB

Well.... LRB.... I decided to try some squats yesterday afternoon, or course I used my 30 lb weight bar..... and before that I did some walking lunges at the office, down the hall and back, probably a total of 20.... didn't want to go crazy, plus my quads were starting to burn towards the end.

But I did 12 squats, and felt that was good enough for the first time since probably... 2014.. which I think was the last time I attempted adding squats to my routines. This morning I am definitely feeling sore deep within the tops of my hamstrings, near my butt... can't say with 100% certainty that the squats and lunges are to blame since I also used the prone leg curl and leg extension machine yesterday morning.... but it is the soreness or pain that usually follows my attempts at squats.

Maybe I'm squatting too deep/low?

Anyways... this morning I went to the gym and added the Hip Abduction machine and the Donkey Kick machine (Glute machine, Butt Blaster, whatever).

No automatic alt text available.

My poison ivy is driving me crazy, especially when sweating which is what normally happens at the gym...........

I do them without the bar. In fact, I haven't squatted with a bar in forever. The most I'll do is hold a 45 lb plate close to my chest or above my head for variety.