Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: The bar is high (Read 43 times)

LRB

That's why I drink at home, FFS.

Priorities man.

Good morning, everyone!

Rick, thank you for starting today's thread. When I saw the title, my first thought was, "Damn, how can he reach his drink?"

Yesterday, during my break, I ran 3.10 slow and easy miles in 28:34. 9:13 pace. 54F with a 33F dewpoint made it pleasant.

This morning, at the gym, I did 7.0 miles in 1:03:10. 9:01 pace. For just seven more dollars per month, I upgraded my gym membership, so that I can have unlimited use of the other location, which is on the way my alphabioticist's practice.

delicate flower

WHAT IT DO!

30 minute recovery jog with the wife this morning.....DONE.  Bike ride planned after work.

<3

StepbyStep-SH

I RAN!!!!

Well, a little bit. Just 7 little 1-minute segments in a 45-minute walk. But it was running. And I only had knee discomfort in two of the segments, and no pain at the end. Now icing like a good little rehabber, and I'll see how it feels later today and tomorrow. "Run" (I use that term loosely) #2 planned for Friday.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

StepbyStep-SH

Good morning, everyone!

Rick, thank you for starting today's thread. When I saw the title, my first thought was, "Damn, how can he reach his drink?"

Yesterday, during my break, I ran 3.10 slow and easy miles in 28:34. 9:13 pace. 54F with a 33F dewpoint made it pleasant.

This morning, at the gym, I did 7.0 miles in 1:03:10. 9:01 pace. For just seven more dollars per month, I upgraded my gym membership, so that I can have unlimited use of the other location, which is on the way my alphabioticist's practice.

Alpha-whosit?

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy Hump Day!  April 29 is World Wish Day!

Other holidays today: 

International Dance Day

International Guide Dogs Day

Zipper Day

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have either 7 or an RD.  We are flooded and it's raining badly so it will depend on my mood and how much flooding is on my route.

Shari, great news!  Great job on the run segments.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Well, a little bit. Just 7 little 1-minute segments in a 45-minute walk. But it was running. And I only had knee discomfort in two of the segments, and no pain at the end. Now icing like a good little rehabber, and I'll see how it feels later today and tomorrow. "Run" (I use that term loosely) #2 planned for Friday.

Excellent!  Any progress is good progress.

<3

From the Internet.

From the Internet.

5 miles easy, legs feel pretty good considering yesterday's workout. Gym later, I haven't been in a week!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

So much for a sunny Riverwalk run.  By the time I got off work, the wind was blowing pretty good, there was lots of cloud cover, and the temp had dropped from the 70s to 61 degrees.  It was a bit chilly just standing around, but once I got going I was fine.  Turned out to be a very nice run/walk along the Riverwalk, felt really good and ended up with 4 miles.

Today the sun is shining and temp will be up to about 71 degrees, but with very low humidity and dewpoint.  San Antonio is getting some really nice weather this week, after all the rain we had last week, cool mornings, nice low-humidity and dewpoint afternoons.

Today will be hill work day at Fort Sam Houston.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Cyberic

Will not run today. My decision.

First day going to work on my bike. Easy, don't want to get to work all sweaty. Just enjoying the nice weather, bypassing all the traffic. I'll appreciate even more after work. With all the construction going on, it's not very fun driving around Montreal.

Zelanie

Got home late last night, so yesterday became my RD, and last night's run will happen today.

LRB

I ran 7, which was my first run outside in exactly 21 days. It was 38 degrees with full sun and felt wonderful.

My leg didn't fall off but I will refrain from celebrating as the day is still young. lol

Docket_Rocket

I ran 7, which was my first run outside in exactly 21 days. It was 38 degrees with full sun and felt wonderful.

My leg didn't fall off but I will refrain from celebrating as the day is still young. lol

This is great to hear!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page