Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES Presents: Headlines Second Edition (Read 45 times)

LRB

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here

LRB

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  3 X 800m intervals tonight.

LRB, LOL.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

OMG those are hilarious. Just showed them to DW & we had some good laughs.

SRD today, other than PT this afternoon. I think my final session. Which I am glad about as it has seemed like mostly a waste of time & money (a lot of the latter!). Things have definitely improved but I think it probably would've done so on its own. And some pain/soreness is definitely still there, although fairly stable; feels like it is just going to be lingering for a long time & prevent me from really building up mileage. Maybe this is typical of these things. I guess we can't all have Baboon-like miracle recoveries!

Dave

Pinktastic

Good Morning My Running Friends!!

It’s Tuesday, I’m working from home, and I’ve got onions, ribs, and sauce in the crockpot!!   The smells is already making me hungry.   Not sure that there will be anything left when DH gets home tonight.    ;-)

LRB – Those headlines are priceless!!   Thanks for the laughs!   What are you running today?

Damaris – Hope your day goes better than yesterday!   Have a great run tonight!

Dave P – Hope your final session of PT goes smoothly!!   I have had PT in the past which I thought didn’t do anything, but thankfully my last bout of it for the torn tendon was very useful.    Fingers crossed that things improve for you!!

I’m going to run at lunch.   It’ll be hot, but not as hot as it will be after work….

Have a Pinksational day!!   And, may your next run show you that your goals are definitely achievable in the near future!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Docket_Rocket

My crazy creditor just objected to a notice I filed.  A notice!  This day is already crazy.  I suspect he will make a bar complaint against me.  Beause doing my job is sanctionable!!!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

Had my first real PT session yesterday.  Mostly soft tissue work which hurt like hell.   I saw one of the other therapists there while I was checking in and he said "You're here again?"    Roll eyes

I have a run on tap for this afternoon, assuming there's a break in the rain.

Docket_Rocket

From yesterday,

jjs, sparring with the cat is fun!  They always win and it usually ends up with blood and "fuck".

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Buenos días, people.

Rick, thank you for starting today's thread. And for starting my day with a laugh that earned me funny looks from my fellow T passengers.

Damaris, I hope that the intervals go well.

DaveP MI, have a pleasant SRD. Yay for PT graduation!

Sarah, have a wonderful lunchtime run. Dinner sounds yummySmile

Oski, I hope that the rain abates, so that you may run. I also hope that PT helps.

I did ab work before bed last night. earlier this moning, I did an hour on the ArcTrainer. I was to return to bed. I should have made my coffee stronger:/

Push-ups and ab work after remain to be done.

delicate flower

'Morning!  10 more vacation miles done this morning.  8:51 pace.  Medium effort.  This little island ain't flat.  Headed home now.

<3

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Just wanted to drop in and say good morning. I have a day full of meetings, so I won't get anything done at work today. Today will likely be a RD for me. Have a good one!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I needto stop planning things the night before.....or start better looking at forecasts. Was gonna run down to Coney Island today and spend some time there. It's pouring. Guess I will run local instead. Haven't had a good rain run in awhile.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies. Sorry Rick, I can't see the pictures. Sad It sounds like it's my loss.

I was channeling my inner Phil this morning, but the connection cut short. 9 (Easy) miles @ 8:51 pace. I'm getting in to the real meat of my FM training now, so the next 7 weeks should be pretty fun. Mostly 50+ mile weeks.

Have a great day everyone!

- Andrew

LRB

Supp clique!

Welp, I ran up to my new track and got my ass handed to me on a platinum platter!  That was literally an ass kicker despite being the slowest of the three training paces.

Coming off my first 50 + mile week since May, my legs just didn't have it, which made me want to fuckin' quit after one lap lol!

I toughed it out though for 16 grueling laps and just did my best, which is what I have done all year on days I don't have it.

2 X 2 mile repeats @ tempo pace:

6:58, 6:56

400 meter recovery

7:00, 6:54

My tempo pace is 6:38, yowzers!

StepbyStep-SH

Love seeing headlines like those - I'm just glad I never wrote any of them (that I know of). One of the papers I worked for, though, did have a slight problem when coding one classified ad: The advertisement for "Free puppies" ended up under the heading "Good Things to Eat." Shocked

6.66 miles done this morning. Not really hellish, but tougher than yesterday, and I'm going to need coffee today. It did help that I saw 6 deer, including 4 bucks with antlers still wrapped in fuzzy velvet. And I am going "nature tracking" with DS and friends this morning - which means a little bit of hiking and a lot of picking up nuts, leaves, feathers and examining animal poop. Weather is perfect for it.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.