Beginners and Beyond

I perform well (NRR) (Read 294 times)

@runjerseygirl

Since y'all are some of the best friends a girl could ask for, I just wanted to share...

After being unemployed and temporarily employed for 2 years, I was finally hired for my current job back in February.  They do all of their performance evaluations (for the whole foundation) in November, so I had my very first review today.  Not only did my manager have an absolutely GLOWING review waiting for me, but she also recommended me for a bonus, and a raise (they are very tight on bonuses, only a few people get approved for one)!!!  She's also one of my biggest cheerleaders for my running, and commented about how she noticed that running on my lunch break has helped me in my job performance.

I'm so happy I could dance!  I love my job, and this was just a confirmation that they are just as happy having me as I am to be here.  YAY!

PS. Get your head out of the gutter. Wink

Do you even run?

Pinktastic

Congrats, Kay!  That's awesome!! 

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Since y'all are some of the best friends a girl could ask for, I just wanted to share...

After being unemployed and temporarily employed for 2 years, I was finally hired for my current job back in February.  They do all of their performance evaluations (for the whole foundation) in November, so I had my very first review today.  Not only did my manager have an absolutely GLOWING review waiting for me, but she also recommended me for a bonus, and a raise (they are very tight on bonuses, only a few people get approved for one)!!!  She's also one of my biggest cheerleaders for my running, and commented about how she noticed that running on my lunch break has helped me in my job performance.

I'm so happy I could dance!  I love my job, and this was just a confirmation that they are just as happy having me as I am to be here.  YAY!

As 'Doc' mentioned, as did I, in the 'what do you do for a living' thread...what you do is valuable, so it would stand to reason why the company would want to keep you around, hence the well deserved bonus.  Congratulations.!

From the Internet.

Woo congrats! Big grin

Docket_Rocket

Congrats, Kay!  That is great!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

runfoolery

Didn't read the OP. Just wanted to thank you for the thread title.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Love it! I had a very similar review just yesterday with regards to my Christmas/performance bonus. I know how you feel. Feels great. Big grin

Little Blue

Good for you!  That has to put a perma-smile on your face.

What a great feeling! It is nice to be valuable and to have people recognize it.

Great job to you, April too!

runmomto3boys

That's awesome, Kay!  I am so super duper happy for you!!!

Hipfan

Proud Calgarian

Nice! It's awesome when a boss gives you a glowing review like that, though it's even better when they support your running! Cool

2015 Goals and PRs:

5k - 17:59 (18:05);  10k - 35:59 (36:42);   HM - 1:19:19 (1:19:59);   FM - 2:49:59 (3:05:46)

Soc12

I just recently had a very similar experience.  Except my performance review was done by my wife, not my boss.  I didn't get a bonus but I sure got a raise (yea I went there).

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

Thats awesome Kay.  Gotta love the little pick-me-ups that happen in life.  No question that running during lunch helps.  As an employer I love to see employees who are healthy and committed.  Don't underestimate your worth.  Look within or outside for even better opportunities as you continue to cement your worth to them and yourself.

Great job again.

That's awesome, nothing like an early Xmas gift.

LRB