Beginners and Beyond

Distracted SUNDAILIES (Read 260 times)

Jess runs for bacon

Shari, I just did something similar last week. My slowest 5k yet but worth it! Enjoy Smile

happylily

Hello Dailiers!

I just finished my LR, 18 miles, about 8:10 pace. With this run ends my 5 weeks of recovery. Now a bit a base building and re-introducing intervals and I'll be ready for training again. I'm not looking forward to speedwork, I feel very rusted. :-( But good news: no gastro in my house! Thanks for all the good wishes yesterday!

Now on to take a hot bath and I'll be back to read about all of your exploits today. Be good until then! Smile

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

runmomto3boys

Kay: Congratulations on the 7 miler - the distance PB and the weekly PB!  What a fantastic week you've had!

Tx Diver's Mom: Eeeekkkkers!  I can't believe it's race day!  Good luck!

Basya: What a great 15!  Isn't it true that the longer you go, the less scary the full seems, right????  You are doing a great job at your race.  Keep up the good work!

Jedi: Congrats on your 3 year runniversary!  That's a good chunk of time!  I hope your celebratory 13 go well today!

Kristin: Another weekly mileage PR for you!?!?!  What a great day!  Nice job on the 10 mile run last night and on having a great week running!

Beth: Enjoy your scarf making and roast - sounds like a cozy day!

Robert: Great job on the 4.3 miles!  Nicely done!

Phil: Have a good, busy rest day and I hope your raise lots of $/awareness for the pups.

Hilary: I hope your  RD goes well and that you knock out that paper.

Scotty: As always, a great report!  Congrats on the race and on sharing all the pics!

D2: I'm glad you aren't hurting too bad from your impromptu marathon, you crazy guy.  Take the freaking day off! You aren't suppose to run the day after a marathon!

SIAR: Nice miles!  Ok, what do you mean about tasting the lactic acid stuff?  What's that like????

Dallison: Great work on the 19+ miles today!  That was a nice long one!!!  How did it feel?

Makk: Great job!  Congrats on surviving week 1 of training!

Lilac: I'm glad your knee is feeling better today after the ride.  The trainer sounds like a good idea!

Tinman: I hope you nail that Hershey's kiss PR that you are striving for.  Good luck Wink

Amy: Nice work on the 17+ miles today!

Shari: You've got a lot more snow than we have on our side of the state!  I hope the 5K goes well tonight.  Good luck!

Lily: That was a blazing fast 18 miler this AM!  Well done!!  How was the birthday party? 

Last RD of the week and everyone in my house has been/is throwing up but 1.  My poor 4 year old got hit bad overnight, as did my hubby.   What a yucky weekend!

Robert31320

Team TJ

Ummm, Heidi...you forgot to shout out to yourself!

Now for the serious part, I hope your family gets past the sickness quickly.

Running for TJ because he can't.

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

Good afternoon fellow runners! I ran 10 miles today. I ran a 9 mile progression run @ 7:47 pace and ended it with a 1 mile cool down @ 8:06 pace. This is my longest run since coming back. The good news is I am at 85-90% of where I was before my health issue. My upper back where my spine is inflamed started to hurt around mile 6... I mean really hurt. The pain subsided over the next couple miles. Other than that everything went well. It was 32F with little to no wind and no precipitation. 

I am happy with my last 4 runs. Once I am 100% healthy, I can up the miles and the intensity. 

Nice running to everyone today! It is nice to come here and see everyone doing so well. Run long, hard, and fast! God bless you all!

9 mile progression run

Splits (GPS Interval)
             TypeDistance Split settingsDurationTotal DurationPaceAvg HRMax HRNotes
            1 Interval 1 mi 8:12.68 8:12.68 8:13      
            2 Interval 1 mi 7:57.45 16:10.13 7:58      
            3 Interval 1 mi 7:51.26 24:01.39 7:52      
            4 Interval 1 mi 7:52 31:53.39 7:52      
            5 Interval 1 mi 7:49.85 39:43.24 7:50      
            6 Interval 1 mi 7:42.21 47:25.45 7:43      
            7 Interval 1 mi 7:36.19 55:01.64 7:37      
            8 Interval 1 mi 7:39.01 1:02:40.65 7:40      
            9 Interval 1 mi 7:26.33 1:10:06.98 7:27      
            10 Interval 0.01 mi 0:04.60 1:10:11.58 7:40      

1 mile cool down

Splits (GPS Interval)
             TypeDistance Split settingsDurationTotal DurationPaceAvg HRMax HRNotes
            1 Interval 1 mi 8:05.75 8:05.75 8:06      
            Docket_Rocket

Oops, I forgot to post here today.

Weston HM done.  Strong run and course PR.

Looks like everybody is killing their runs.  Great job!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Ummm, Heidi...you forgot to shout out to yourself!

Now for the serious part, I hope your family gets past the sickness quickly.

Is this going to be a new thing now? Joking

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hi dailies:

Jedi - congrats on the runiversary

Kay - nice work on the new distance

Dallison - nice D

Amy - great job on the MP miles

Lily - good run, glad the gastro didn't get you. 

Heidi - hoping you guys all get well soon

Schnauzer - curious (and don't take this as a knock), why do you do so many progression runs? 

Today's LR was inspired by D^2, and also I just wanted to be in my own world for a while.  26.2 in 3:18:27.  Brisk but dry, the rain started just after I got home.  I started daydreaming about  the Cookies thread around mile 22 Wink

Docket_Rocket

Another crazy extraofficial marathoner, Shirfan.  Good job!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Hi everybody.  

I'm still riding pretty high after yesterdays race. Official results finally posted, 53:26. (8:36/mile) (10K).  179 / 458 OA  18 / 27 AG

Why does the M40-44 age group have to be so damn competitive? An 8:36/mile pace can't sniff anywhere close to 50% of the AG. Ugh. Just brutal.

I was checking the results and the two guys below me I  beat by 15 and 19 seconds.  I'm pretty sure that occured in the last 3/4th of a mile. I remember passing a couple dudes that looked close to my age.

Anyway, today is SRD.

Off to read some race reports. Hope ya'll have a good day!

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

Hi dailies:

Jedi - congrats on the runiversary

Kay - nice work on the new distance

Dallison - nice D

Amy - great job on the MP miles

Lily - good run, glad the gastro didn't get you. 

Heidi - hoping you guys all get well soon

Schnauzer - curious (and don't take this as a knock), why do you do so many progression runs? 

Today's LR was inspired by D^2, and also I just wanted to be in my own world for a while.  26.2 in 3:18:27.  Brisk but dry, the rain started just after I got home.  I started daydreaming about  the Cookies thread around mile 22 Wink

Honestly, I find it natural to run that way. When I run by feel, without looking at the watch, I get the same result. This run wasn't too bad. The spread was only 30 seconds or so. It was barely a progression run. I called it that because it looked that way when I downloaded the data at home. I didn't set out to run that way today. I told my DW that I would pace around 8:10 to 8:15. When I got out there, I just felt much better than that. 

No knock taken here. I love running and I appreciate others' observations. thanks.

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

Shirfan - Nice run today BTW. That is intense!

B-Plus

Kay - Congrats on the distance PR!

TX - Good luck. I guess you're done by now, so I hope it went well.

Basya - 15 is a serious number of miles. When I can run 15 week in and week out with little fatigue the next day, I know I'm getting strong. Good luck!

Jedi - Happy 3rd. If I could wait for the rain to stop then I'd never run.

Kristin - Great job with the weekly mileage PR. I hope to report the same thing later this afternoon. Enjoy your SRD.

BS - 36 is warm? I wish I could knit. When I was away on vacation my friend lost an expensive scarf while we were out and I'm thinking of buying her a new one.

Robert - Great job on the 4.3. Enjoy your day.

Gustav - That's great you can sleep like that. What a great side-effect of running!

Baboon -  You slacker! Enjoy the tacos.

Nevr - Good call on taking a rest day. Take it nice and slow.

D - I read your post yesterday, but didn't get a chance to comment. Congrats on your impromptu marathon. I think you have the potential to go sub-1:30/3:10 if you keep at it.

scotty - I'll read your report later, but I'm sure you had a great time as always.

SIAR - What does lactic taste like? Great job on the 66.

dallison - Nice run.

makk - You just started 1/2 training? How exciting! Enjoy the day off tomorrow.

lilac - Don't you wish the pain could be virtual as well? Rest up. I'm thinking of getting a trainer as well, since I'm too lazy to take my bike out. I just don't want to take up so much space in my place.

tinman - Good luck on the PR attempt!

amy - That's one serious run. Great work!

Step - Sounds like a great race, despite the forecast.

lily - 18 miles is the end of recovery? I think RMTB went to the happylily school of marathoning. Glad you guys didn't get sick.

RMTB - That sucks! I hope you all get well soon. Take it easy tomorrow if you're still not up to it.

SUS - If it hurt that much, I would have shut it down. But it doesn't show in your splits. In any event, congrats on your progress in getting back into it.

Docket - Do you ever run when it's not an organized race? It seems that you're going to packet pickup, putting your bib on, and racing everyday. Congrats on the course PR!

Shirfan - What's with you guys and the training-thins? Maybe I need to do this some time. Great job.

c0de - I think you mentioned you ran a big PR, right? Congrats on that. I here you on the competitiveness. You'll have no chance of placing here even in M40-44 if you can't go sub-37.

Now, inspired by Robert ...

B-Plus - Great job on your 15.45 miles @ 7:51 yesterday. You must be so happy with that run, especially the last 5.73 @ 6:59. You're so awesome, I wanna be like you!! What's in those brownies?

I'm going to head out for a run later, and anything beyond .8 miles will be a lifetime weekly mileage PR. I'm still feeling fresh, but I hope it doesn't catch up to me.

Jenven

Hello! Hello! Just dropping in to say that I've finally hit 2.55 miles. Although, I think I did way more than that because of all the weaving around dogs and strollers. My first 5k is in a month, so I need to step up my game.

Started C25K on 9/6/12. First 5K set for 1/13/13.

happylily

Shirfan, wow! Congratulations! It's awesome that you can pull something like that whenever you feel like it!

Heidi, I'm so sorry to hear of the illness at your house. I hope it goes away soon. It is such a terrible thing to get and there really is no cure for it. Only time solves things. Hugs to you and the little ones. Lots of rest and hydration is in order! And thanks for remembering about the birthday dinner. :-) It was very very nice. A lovely evening. I cooked some Indian meal with my sister (my DD likes to travel and has exotic tastes when it comes to food). The wine was good (we always need her DBF's approval before we serve a wine we bought, because he is a "conoiisseur" and we're just common people, obviously. haha. Really, that's the only thing we find annoying about him. The rest is all good. :-)). DD looks even prettier as she gets older, and she's finally showing more maturity. I couldn't be happier with her. :-)

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010