Beginners and Beyond

Distracted SUNDAILIES (Read 260 times)

Mmmmm...beer

Heidi, can't break the streak!  Besides, I haven't followed the rules so far, why start now? lol 

B-plus, thanks!  I'd be extremely happy with those times, I'll keep at it and see how it goes Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Robert31320

Team TJ

Is this going to be a new thing now? Joking

I hope my stupidity isn't contagious!  Confused

Nice job B-Plus  Big grin

Running for TJ because he can't.

I managed to do weights and abs before evening errands. I'm glad I did it because, if I hadn't, weights would have been moved from Sunday-Tuesday-Thursday to Monday-Wednesday-Friday. There was no way to reschedule these errands.
        Robert31320

Team TJ

Shirfan! AWESOME JOB!

Running for TJ because he can't.

StepbyStep-SH

Mini-RR from the Rotary Lights 5k:

Race organizers couldn't have asked for a better atmosphere for a holiday-themed race. Snow had been falling all day and was still coming, but with temps right around 32 and only a bit of wind, it was pleasant to be out. Footing was a little suspect, but not bad. It was all worth it to see the lights in the snow.

My only goals for this race were to remain upright and have fun. I'm just getting back to normal mileage and have done almost nothing faster than a 9:30 pace since late September. I started out just easy going with the flow, and gradually picked up the pace along the way: 8:40, 8:25, 7:58, and the last bit at 8:38 because there were a couple of corners that had turned slippery just before the finish. Plus I saw no need to push myself - I was out of placing and not going for a PR. Final time probably about 25:45 - I forgot to stop my Garmin right away. I really love this race. It's the best $10 entry fee I spend all year.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Evening, Dailies!

Another long day at work, but I got a lot done with the software model today so it wasn't a total wash.

3.5 miles after work, very easy pace of 9:47. Legs are kind of worn out. Streak is at 14 days in a row.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

locomote

6 easy recovery miles today after a hilly LR yesterday. I had to wait until after work but glad I didn't have to run in the dark. Smile
                runmomto3boys

Robert: Bwhahahahah - you are so right!  I'm going to have to start doing shout outs to myself, for extra motivation!!!  Thanks for the well wishes!  The 4 year old is the only one who is really still struggling right now.

Lily: Ohhhh, that sounds like such a wonderful night with your daughter and her BF!  The food sounded amazing (Indian - YUM) and the company even better.  What a special night!  I'm w/you on the wine, stuff.  I have no idea what constitutes the *good* stuff v. the not so good.  I have pretty simple tastes, all in all!

SUS: What a crazy fast progressive run you had today!  Well done!  I'm glad you are on the mend.  I have to ask - when you are running these progressive runs, are you watching your watch like a hawk and just trying to come in a bit faster each split, or how do you manage the run?  You run a lot of them and I'm trying to run more of them myself. 

Docket: Congratulations on running a course PR at your HM today, only a week after your last marathon!  Excellent job!

Jay: What is in the water here??????  Another impromptu freaking marathon????  Heck, Hipfan did almost the same thing too popping a 23 miler today.  You all are CRAZY, I tell you!  The good kind of crazy, though.  I love hearing about your exploits.  Were you just having such a good run that you said "what the heck, I'll go for it?"  I have to know what goes through one's head when doing something like that!

Code: You should be riding high - that's a heck of a run in that 10K!  You are getting so fast!  You'll be cracking the top 1/2 of your AG results soon, w/the way your running has been going!

B-Plus: ALL TIME WEEKLY PR?!?!?!  Booyah!  I can't wait to hear about it!  I'm so freaking happy for you.  You have worked so hard and have so patiently built back up to get where you are right now and it's all paying off.  Nicely done!!!

Jenven: WOOT, WOOT!  2.55????  You ROCK!  That's awesome!!!!!  Keep it up!

The last kid left standing is about to go down.  He is queasy, so it looks like everyone will be home from school tomorrow since my 4 year old is still throwing up.  Yuckers.  I'm going to start running tomorrow.  I'm eating my first meal right now since Friday AM and I am feeling fine myself.

Purple Toes

Good evening!

Congrats to all of the racers today as well as those hitting new distance PRs.  I meant to get out for a run in the snow this morning, but ended up snow boarding  and building forts with the kids instead. By the time I was reading for a run in the afternoon the conditions had worsened and it was no longer safe to run with the slippery roads and poor visibility. So heading down for a treadmill run in a bit. 

Ball of Fury

Sorry I don't have time for personals...been a crazy day around here with getting in our long run and then picking up the kids from my mom's, but I did want to put in a quick post.  Today was our long run for the week, 16 miles and I did something that was probably not very smart at all but it's too late now!  Bought a pair of Brooks Pure Flow yesterday and my plan was to run in them for the first few and then switch back to my Saucony Guide 5s, but the Pure Flow felt so great...I am a forefoot striker and it felt so nice to be in a shoe that actually helped my running style, ya know?  When I took them off at mile 8 and put on the other shoes, it just felt awful and all wrong so I switched back.  Did the entire 16 miles in the Pure Flows with an average of 8:50/mile.  Hopefully, I can walk tomorrow....lol!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Ok, so I did some research and it's pretty questionable that one could actually taste lactic acid. Many do describe a metallic type taste in their mouths when they've pushed too hard, but this seems anecdotal at best. For what it's worth, to me it tasted like failure Smile

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

happylily

Ok, so I did some research and it's pretty questionable that one could actually taste lactic acid. Many do describe a metallic type taste in their mouths when they've pushed too hard, but this seems anecdotal at best. For what it's worth, to me it tasted like failure Smile

I was wondering about this when I read your post. :-) Lactic acid or failure, I'm sorry you had to taste that. Next time will be better. Hugs to you. :-)

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Thanks LILY...I was okay with it, and happy I finished instead of just jogging in. Looks like you and SHIRFAN win LR awards today...well done you two.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

runmomto3boys

D2: I forgot you were streaking!  Oops!

SIAR:  "tasted like failure" - awwww, :sad face: - no, you have been having lots of great runs as of late.  Don't beat yourself up for going out too fast one 1 measly little run!

Locomote: Nice job on the recovery miles!

Amik: 16 miles at 8:50 pace?!?!?!  That was a ROCK STAR run, girly!   Nicely done!  It sounds like the new kicks worked like a charm!!!

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

Robert: Bwhahahahah - you are so right!  I'm going to have to start doing shout outs to myself, for extra motivation!!!  Thanks for the well wishes!  The 4 year old is the only one who is really still struggling right now.

Lily: Ohhhh, that sounds like such a wonderful night with your daughter and her BF!  The food sounded amazing (Indian - YUM) and the company even better.  What a special night!  I'm w/you on the wine, stuff.  I have no idea what constitutes the *good* stuff v. the not so good.  I have pretty simple tastes, all in all!

SUS: What a crazy fast progressive run you had today!  Well done!  I'm glad you are on the mend.  I have to ask - when you are running these progressive runs, are you watching your watch like a hawk and just trying to come in a bit faster each split, or how do you manage the run?  You run a lot of them and I'm trying to run more of them myself. 

Docket: Congratulations on running a course PR at your HM today, only a week after your last marathon!  Excellent job!

Jay: What is in the water here??????  Another impromptu freaking marathon????  Heck, Hipfan did almost the same thing too popping a 23 miler today.  You all are CRAZY, I tell you!  The good kind of crazy, though.  I love hearing about your exploits.  Were you just having such a good run that you said "what the heck, I'll go for it?"  I have to know what goes through one's head when doing something like that!

Code: You should be riding high - that's a heck of a run in that 10K!  You are getting so fast!  You'll be cracking the top 1/2 of your AG results soon, w/the way your running has been going!

B-Plus: ALL TIME WEEKLY PR?!?!?!  Booyah!  I can't wait to hear about it!  I'm so freaking happy for you.  You have worked so hard and have so patiently built back up to get where you are right now and it's all paying off.  Nicely done!!!

Jenven: WOOT, WOOT!  2.55????  You ROCK!  That's awesome!!!!!  Keep it up!

The last kid left standing is about to go down.  He is queasy, so it looks like everyone will be home from school tomorrow since my 4 year old is still throwing up.  Yuckers.  I'm going to start running tomorrow.  I'm eating my first meal right now since Friday AM and I am feeling fine myself.

I do not look at the watch a lot. Many of my runs are at night so at most I look at mile splits only. I would hate to dictate the pace by my watch. I wouldn't run. It sounds too stressful. Today, I didn't realize it was a progression run until I got home. I had a good idea of my pace though. A couple of the splits were not even faster. One was even and one was slower. 

Why do you want to do more progression runs?