Beginners and Beyond

And Then There Were MonDAILIES (Read 32 times)

LRB

Good morning!

I am not running today or doing anything that will otherwise cause me to sweat.  I do plan to eat some peach yogurt for breakfast though.

The floor is yours...

Cyberic

Howdy folks,

When I came to work this morning there was a post card on my keyboard from North Dakota. Co-workers went to Fargo last week.

Easy running for me today.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have a dentist appointment followed by heavy weights if I have time.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

'Morning!  SRD.  Good thing, because today would have been a treadmill day.  It is raining like a mofo out there.  Good thing that didn't hit 24 hours earlier!

I'm sore.

<3

I'm sore.

I SHOULD THINK SO.

Hey people! Good news is that at my PT appointment this morning, she told me she is going to try putting me on the treadmill for some easy jogging at my next appt. on Wednesday. A little excited, a little nervous that it's still going to hurt. We'll see what happens.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Great news, Dave!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

I SHOULD THINK SO.

Hey people! Good news is that at my PT appointment this morning, she told me she is going to try putting me on the treadmill for some easy jogging at my next appt. on Wednesday. A little excited, a little nervous that it's still going to hurt. We'll see what happens.

Great news!  Returning from injury is mental torture man, I actually had to be talked into it my last stint because I was afraid it was too soon.  You feel things that don't even exist!

StepbyStep-SH

Good news, Dave!

And congrats, Phil!

No guarantees I'll keep up with this, but I'm here today: 5.76 miles as the rain was turning to snow. Things weren't too slippery yet when we finished the run, but they sure are now!

And I registered DS & I for a 5k winter running series. I've done the 5-mile series for years, but after a successful 5k with him Saturday, DS has decided it's time to step up from the kids' races. My 5ks won't be fast (we were 36 minutes Saturday), but running with him makes it worth it.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

onemile

Test runs when returning from an injury are the worst. I dread and hate them.

I didn't run this morning.  Probably a rest day.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rest day for me.

Not cold, but freaking windy outside with 30 mph gusts of wind at some points. Fun, fun Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

DaveP: good luck and fingers crossed.

Hi Dailies. We are in Zion and I just ran 6 miles in 19 degreea. Guess what I forgot to pack? Yes! Gloves! Numb fingers (and face) do not feel good but hot coffee does! Time to get the kids up and do some hiking.

Enjoy.

B-Plus

Congrats Dave!

6 later

From the Internet.

Morning! I woke up late to a lot of rain, so I brought the kid to school and came back home for a nap. Everything I need to do in person this week can get done tomorrow, just computer/writing/data type stuff at home today. I've been taking Mondays off but I'm probably going to try to get in 5-6 sometime this afternoon, it's raining but it's 60F - shorts weather! The next two days are going to be iffy weather (snow, blech)/limited time and I will likely end up taking one or both days off, so might as well go out today.

I signed up for the Holiday Running Streak on the main board D: I've been doing well on 6 days for the last couple weeks, today will be my 7th day in a row and I don't feel like it's been a stress on my legs at all, so I figure I should be able to get out for one single mile on rest days just for the sake of doing it. Will make all this easy-pace-only running a little more interesting

StepbyStep-SH

DaveP: good luck and fingers crossed.

Hi Dailies. We are in Zion and I just ran 6 miles in 19 degreea. Guess what I forgot to pack? Yes! Gloves! Numb fingers (and face) do not feel good but hot coffee does! Time to get the kids up and do some hiking.

Enjoy.

I'd have had a pair of socks on my hands! That's too cold for no gloves, at least for the first mile or two.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Short week is right!  I will be out of my workplace in another 20 minutes and then am off for two weeks!

Gail and I are off to Washington State.  Will be getting on the plane this afternoon.  The house-sitter is in place to watch our house and take care of our kitties, we're all packed and ready to go.  Even the weather is improving in Wenatchee a bit now, thank goodness, high for my Turkey Trot on Thursday there is now predicted in the 40s instead of the 30s, yay!  I hate cold weather!

Don't know how much computer access I will have at my in-laws, so everyone have a great Turkey Day and I'll 'see' y'all when I get back!

Oh yeah, and I did these two 5Ks over the weekend.  I would have had a perfect weekend except that my idiot Redskins lost and the Giants let the Damn Dallas Cowboys win in the last 3 minutes of the game, sheesh.   Anyway, reports and photos:

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/823004a3c1164498a64819d016adb8df/resume#focus

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/19bba7df687c46f588ce15324f63446f/resume#focus

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt