Beginners and Beyond

Sleepy Mondailies (Read 32 times)

delicate flower

'Morning, folks!  Some good running and racing in the B&B this past weekend.  Nice work, kids.  I'm still trying to catch up on my sleep even though it feels like I have slept the entire past week.  I chalk that up to coming off a long IM training cycle.

I've got a HM this Saturday and the weather is looking perfect.  I hope that holds up.

What's up.

<3

delicate flower

Wake up.

<3

'Morning, folks!  Some good running and racing in the B&B this past weekend.  Nice work, kids.  

+1. I predict a lot of rest days today. Mostly people resting on cloud 9, sleeping off PR hangovers.

4 miles very slow & creaky for me, in a drizzle.

Dave

I've got a HM this Saturday and the weather is looking perfect.  I hope that holds up.

Tuxedo weather!

Dave

onemile

Addie gave me a rest day today. I think I'd be okay to run though.  Yesterday, post-race, my legs felt like they had run a marathon but today I don't feel any different than the day after a long run. The most sore spot is an area by my armpit that got chafed.

Docket_Rocket

Nice job, onemile!  Cool pic.

I am getting breakfast at Yolk again and then heading to the airport. Today is very muggy and warm so glad about yesterday’s weather.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Tuxedo weather!

I dunno, I see a lot of my local friendly competition will be at this race and I want to kick all their asses.

<3

onemile

I dunno, I see a lot of my local friendly competition will be at this race and I want to kick all their asses.

Someone at the marathon yesterday was wearing a speedo. You could go with that instead.

onemile

Today is very muggy and warm so glad about yesterday’s weather.

+1

LRB

It's day 3 of the weekend for me. I had planned to run but spent an hour stretching out my busted up ass cheek instead. I'll need to find the time to do that more often since massage and yoga hasn't helped with it.

LRB

Addie gave me a rest day today. I think I'd be okay to run though.  Yesterday, post-race, my legs felt like they had run a marathon but today I don't feel any different than the day after a long run. The most sore spot is an area by my armpit that got chafed.

It had to feel pretty special with the treatment you got as a pacer. Will you make it an annual thing?

onemile

It had to feel pretty special with the treatment you got as a pacer. Will you make it an annual thing?

I just might. 

And we're getting pacer jackets too as a gift for completing the job, which is cool

Cyberic

I ran for an hour, with 8 x (1km / 2min).

onemile

I ran for an hour, with 8 x (1km / 2min).

I'm glad you didn't do them all at a 6:10 pace like easy breezy 

Cyberic

I'm glad you didn't do them all at a 6:10 pace like easy breezy 

Didn't think about it 

It would have been very hard. Didn't feel like pushing that much. That is faster than my 10K pace, which is 6:15