Beginners and Beyond

A Penny for Your Penguin Thoughts Wednesday! (Read 19 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

PADRunner

A bunch of days today including National One Cent Day!

Another RD for me today.

From the Internet.

Morning! 4 easy miles and OMFG registered for a marathon! Will get to the gym for a few minutes later too.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I did get my run/walk in after work after a friend's retirement party.   Nice 3.3 easy miles done at a local park that has some great soft-dirt trails, felt sweet on the legs.   Temp of 78 degrees, 66%  humidity, but lots of cloud cover and a nice breeze making it feel good out there, so a very nice outing.

My first 5K of the month is today after work at 6:30 PM, the April Fool's 5K.  Of course since it is April Fool's, the course may not actually be a 5K, it may be longer or may be shorter....only time will tell....literally!

We have rain 'threatening' today;  hopefully not at 5K time though.   San Antonio forecast for the next 7 days....

Happy April Fools!

A Race Director friend of mine posted this photo on facebook, lol, thanking me for registering for her race.   At last, a photo that does not show all my fat!  Tongue

I also registered for a really good local 5K coming up in June.  My Race Director friend thanked me for my registration with this photo, lol....at last, a photo that doesn't show all my fat...  

Scottydog Freeda photo Scottydog Freeda Run_zps0eejgkmq.jpg

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Morning all!  I've got the bridge planned for today = somewhere between 5.5 and 6 miles of "urban hill work"

Morning! 4 easy miles and OMFG registered for a marathon! Will get to the gym for a few minutes later too.

Which one??  Or is this an April fool's day joke? =P

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

From the Internet.

No joke!! Philadelphia Big grin Registration opened at midnight, I've been counting down the days like a kid waiting for Christmas!

Zelanie

Morning!  Worked late and bailed on my run last night, but hopefully things at work will go smoothly today because I'm prepared.

Lauren- That's so exciting! Smile

Scotty- Great pic!  You are looking pretty svelte these days!

PAD- Enjoy the RD.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good morning Pens.

good luck on the 5k tonight, Scott.

Excited for you, Lauren.

Have a good bridge run, said.

Good RD, Pad.

We will try again for 10.

Singer who runs a smidge

Hiya, Penguins!!  Well, my new instrument is up and pumping, my grants are mostly turned in (waiting for a new faculty member's info) and our gig last night was lots of fun, with a responsive audience who even sang along on a few songs.  Today will be SO much calmer, I can chill a bit at work.  Then I have to make some bread when I get home for Maundy Thursday service tomorrow, but that's not too difficult.  Thank heavens for a calm day!

PAD -- looks like lovely weather!!  We're supposed to hit 60, but right now it's about 48 and windy.  Winter is still clinging.

Lauren -- woo-hoo for your upcoming marathon!!

scotty -- Sounds like a beautiful run!!  Enjoy the April Fool's race!!

sapf -- have fun on the urban hills!!

Zelanie -- hope work is smooth today!!

Jerryb -- good luck on your 10!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Woke up feeling sore and tired (thank you, asthma bout) but as the day goes by I feel slightly better.  PIlates class and 5-6 miles tonight.

Lauren, yay!  You'll love it!

PAD, isn't your marathon like coming this weekend?

Scotty, nice ad!

sapf, enjoy the bridge.

Z, hope you get your run in tonight.

Jerry, enjoy your 10.

Hope, enjoy the calmer day.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

Lauren, congratulations!!

Scotty, good luck on your race.

Jill, have a great bridge run!

PAD, that morning weather looks pretty good.

Zel and Jerry, hope you get a good run later!

Easy 5 planned for this morning.  I was a little sore yesterday after my double and couldn't figure out why...I realized I've been running nothing but hills for the last few days!  I'm going to run a flat course this morning.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

No joke!! Philadelphia Big grin Registration opened at midnight, I've been counting down the days like a kid waiting for Christmas!

Awesome!  Did you get the super early bird discounted price?

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

From the Internet.

Awesome!  Did you get the super early bird discounted price?

I did! I live for deals.

PADRunner

PAD, isn't your marathon like coming this weekend?

Saturday, that was the forecast I posted. I wouldn't mind some clouds but I'll take it,

GinnyinPA

PAD - Nice weather with low humidity.  So different from Dallas!  Good luck.

Lauren - yay for the marathon signup.

Scotty - have fun at your race tonight.  I hope the thunderstorms wait until you're done.

sapf - good luck on the bridges.  Hope it's not too windy.

Brilliant - enjoy the flat running.  I do TM sometimes just to make sure it's flat when I get too sore from the hills.

Z - I hope work does go well today.  Something special going on?

Jerry - Good luck with the ten today.  I hope the wind and cold stay away.

HopesMom - have a restful easy day.

Damaris - I hope the lungs continue to feel better.  Enjoy your pilates plus six tonight.

AFM:  Beautiful day, so I'll do my five or six outside later.