Beginners and Beyond

SUNDAILIES Are Stayin' Alive (Read 64 times)

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

Hello again fellow runners! I just got back from 10.1 miles @ 8:12 pace on tired legs. I have learned to have tired legs going into my LR so I don't run too fast.

Kristin - Congrats on the PR!

Shirfan - You know very well those are ideal conditions for Upstate NY! Wink

Have a great rest of the day! Run long, hard, and fast! God bless you all!

outoftheblue

SRD for me, although I might take on a little cross-training this afternoon.   Heading to the market to get the fixings for some chili, as that sounds good on a cloudy cool day.

Life is good.

Ball of Fury

I actually enjoyed my snowy run quite a bit today!  It wasn't windy at all until the last 2 miles, so those kinda sucked but otherwise, there were nice big snowflakes and it was very pretty.  It was slick in a few spots and I actually had to change my route at one point because a motorist stopped to tell me he had seen a runner ahead of me on the trail slip, fall, and injure himself!  I had just gotten to that trail so was grateful he stopped to tell me.  Overall, legs felt really good...ended up doing a mile wu, 9 miles @ 8:58, and 0.6 miles cd.  Wanted to get to even 11 but ran out of time...DH had some sort of orienteering meet/race he was doing that started at 11.  Hope everyone is having a fabulous Sunday!  I am being very lazy now!

Kristin:  Congrats on the PR!

Zelanie:  Happy Birthday and enjoy your pizza!

Everyone else:  Enjoy your runs, rest days, cross training, eating, drinking, TV watching....whatever you might me doing!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

LRB

Supp Clique!

Basya, coffee is mandatory.  I actually quit drinking it for a year and still don't know why I did that!

Paula, I turned my screen around lol!  Love ya!

Feel better Dave!

Spark, 18 inches of mud, do tell?

Boon, would that be Cafe Americano from SB?  Love That!

What up do D, April, Bruce, Rob, SUS, Ami, Jay Z, Scott T, Zelly Zel, Shari, Kris w/ #'s, OO the Blue and everyone else!

Me, I got in 12 easy at an 8:53 pace.  It was windy as heck and only cold instead of freezing cold, but the sun was shining for a change.

I am not exactly sure why, but that was a really long long run!  It seemed as if I was running forever for some reason.

I tried an egg Mc Muffin with scrambled egg instead of the poached egg it normally comes for my pre-run meal and it worked out well.  Next time I will skip the cheese though.

YAYpril - B-Plus

My Trader Joe's trip was successful. Between Produce Junction and TJ's, I actually bought enough that I could skip my "regular" grocery trip. Woo hoo! And I didn't buy (much) junk food!

I also got out for two slow easy recovery miles. Day 8 of my 2+ miles and 50+ pushups and situps streak.

StepbyStep-SH

Loved my run in the sunshine - 8.33 miles - and the sing-song greeting I received when I got back to my door from the first robin I've seen this year. Now off to see check the weather report and see how much things are going to change overnight, since I got a text about a winter storm warning in effect starting late tonight.emo-rolleyes Mr. Robin may wish he had waited another week or two before returning.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Good afternoon, Dailies!

Kristin, congrats on the race. You did great.

Basya, a rest day is fine after all that mileage Friday! Take it easy, and take in a few sites.

Me - enjoying some time on Facebook where a lot has been happening. A little too much time, actually, as I should be doing more work. But it's quiet today so I've goofed off a bit. SRD for me today - won't get home until late anyway, so I won't have much time for a run. I'll get a good run in tomorrow morning though!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Good afternoon all!

18.4 @ 7:37 avg. pace for me this morning. Another beautiful day for this time of year. Need a string of these to get all the snow melted though.

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

We love Trader Joe's! We go almost every Friday. The food is good quality and the prices are reasonable plus the whole theme is cool. We get a coffee sample every time we go.

My Trader Joe's trip was successful. Between Produce Junction and TJ's, I actually bought enough that I could skip my "regular" grocery trip. Woo hoo! And I didn't buy (much) junk food!

I also got out for two slow easy recovery miles. Day 8 of my 2+ miles and 50+ pushups and situps streak.

YAYpril - B-Plus

We love Trader Joe's! We go almost every Friday. The food is good quality and the prices are reasonable plus the whole theme is cool. We get a coffee sample every time we go.

I had two coffee samples today. Blush It's an hour each way for us so my friend and I go about once a month and stock up. I have enough in the freezer to feed an army for a week.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Thanks guys! I just posted a RR:

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/63a7191808804c7fbc7ab35c2026ad95/resume#focus

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

SUSchnauzer

Run Long, Hard, and Fast

OMG! We have never had 2 coffee samples! Wink They have the best handmade frozen tamales. They only cost $2.30 for a package of 2. We also buy eggplant and various other vegetables. They also have peanut butter granola bars for $2.00. People will travel to go there.

I had two coffee samples today. Blush It's an hour each way for us so my friend and I go about once a month and stock up. I have enough in the freezer to feed an army for a week.

DCDan78

Goo afternoon, everyone!

Congrats on the PR Kristen!

After a SRD yesterday I did 8 today. I made a point of not lookin at my watch until I was just about done an ended up with a 9:48 pace. I did pick it up in the last mile  as well, so overall it was right around where I hoped it would be.

Enjoy your Sunday!

Docket_Rocket

We don't have Trader Joe's down here Sad

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

23.7 miles today.  I'm insane.  I just like to go far and it was a good run.

Hi Basya hope you have a great day.

Kristin I slept well.  My pups decided I should get up at 6 am.  I didn't leave to run right away as it was cold and I'm a cold wimp (cold for me being it was in the 30s at that point).

Feel better Dave!

LRB I'm sure that weather is getting old.

April enjoy the rest day.

Marjorie