Beginners and Beyond

No new vocabulary Saturdailies (Read 48 times)

Hip Redux

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

Hip Redux

Sorry, Scotty, today we will learn no new fancy schmancy words!   Joking   Mostly because my SAT scores for English had to be sent to colleges with a note that said "Really, I'm not illiterate."

Happy weekend, folks!

YAYpril - B-Plus

Hi!

I ended up doing my LR yesterday and it was wonderful. I ran down to the towpath and it rained on me the entire time, but the canopy cover dissipated the rain a little bit. Only bad thing was I ended up doing 17 miles instead of 20. My left calf started giving me some trouble - up near the "knee pit" it felt really tight and refused to loosen up. I could run on it fine - it was just uncomfortable. So I decided that it wasn't in my best interest to run the 3 miles uphill home.

I abused it with a tennis ball last night, and it's still sore today - I don't know if it's just residual from the massage, but I'm going to pick up a pair of compression sleeves from the LRS later today.

Hip Redux

April - that sounds like the same spot Dave was having issues with I think.    Good deal getting the 17 done!  Was that the second time you would have hit 20 miles in training?

I'll be hitting up the rail trail for some flat running today.  Hip seems ok, but don't want to try any hills.  I'll probably do 6 or so.   Then brunch.  Always brunch after a saturday morning rail trail run.  Big grin

YAYpril - B-Plus

Yeah, it would have been my second 20. I still have 8 weeks 'til my marathon though so I have time to get one or two more 20's in. Smile

Enjoy the trail running! I hope the hip behaves.

delicate flower

HELLO AND HELLO AGAIN!  Got a full day of misc STUFF to tend to today.  I treadmill for 3 very easy miles this morning, just to shake the legs out before my duathlon tomorrow.  I'd like to take the road bike a little later today just to make sure the new tires I put on are seated ok.

In a good mood this morning...like, better than the good mood I'm usually already in.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Just woke up, so 6 miles tonight.  Movie with hubby later.

April, stick that calf!

Oski, hope the hip feels OK.

Phil, good luck tomorrow!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning!  Just woke up, so 6 miles tonight.  Movie with hubby later.

April, stick that calf!

Oski, hope the hip feels OK.

Phil, good luck tomorrow!

Yes ma'am. Joking

Morning all!

Oski, I was reading last night about how your DH-to-be "lost" the bet & "had" to take you to dinner. You sure bested him! Didn't you ever see the Seinfeld episode where the guy kept losing ridiculous bets to women & would be "forced" to buy them dinner? Not that betting on the Tribe is a sure loser, but, well, look at the history.

April, yes the is the same spot where I got it, right there at the bottom of the knee pit. I hope it does not turn into pain for you. I don't have too much advice, but the self-massage is probably not a bad idea. And I would stretch the hell out of your calves & hamstrings after you warm up and/or run.

For me, up to a whopping 4.3 miles this morning, but pain-free. Oh I hope this continues, felt great. Only problem was the amount of fitness I appear to have lost over the last 2-3 weeks, this felt like a lot more than 4. Although despite trying to run easy, I ended up at an 8:30 average pace, on the speedier side for me.

Going down to Taste of Chicago today, so no problem to replenish all those calories. In case I burned off all that Giordano's stuffed pizza from last night.

Have a great day everyone!

Dave

YAYpril - B-Plus

Nice job, Dave!

It actually feels kind of like a knot. I just used my stick on it and it's definitely not as sore as it was yesterday. I'm seeing my massage therapist on Wednesday so if it's not worked out by then, I'm sure she can fix it for me.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.1 for me.

Marjorie

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Ran the MLB All-Star 5K this morning. Did not "race" it. Ended up with 32:37

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Robert31320

Team TJ

2.7 miles at the Honor Our Fallen Heroes Fun Run.  This event was set up by our LRS to honor local firefighters that were killed in the line of duty.

Running for TJ because he can't.

Docket_Rocket

Dave, good news.  Hope it continues.  And you'll recover the fitness faster than you think.

April, I get that a lot (I have one right now).  My massage therapist just massaged the heck out of it.

Marjorie, nice 10.

Kristin, nice racing nonetheless.

Robert, a good race with a great cause.  Thanks for participating.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

Ran the MLB All-Star 5K this morning. Did not "race" it. Ended up with 32:37

That must be a cool event shirt.  WANT.  And go Red Sox.

<3