Beginners and Beyond

Ruby ThursDAILIES (Read 43 times)

happylily

Today's title is brought to you by the Marvel Comics character. For a reference to the song, you'll have to wait until next Tuesday.

So, who's running, pushing and huffing? Who is not? Who is aching and who feels like a million bucks? Tell me all about it, I want to know!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

happylily

I have 12 easy miles on tap. But first I'm leaving at 6:30 am for the drive to Montreal. I have a pre-surgery appointment at the hospital at 8 am. Some old nurse will explain to me how I must shave for my appointment with my cardiologist. I won't be anesthetized, I'll be drugged. Not what I was hoping for... Or maybe I'm wrong, maybe drugs are better?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Good morning!

Good luck at the hospital, Lily.

Work, a meeting in the afternoon, then 10ish later.  Meetings at breweries are usually not bad things.

LRB

'Sup!

Taking another rest day.

In other news, I dreamed I was going out with the meanest chick at the office. I mean this girl literally eats broken glass for breakfast.  Nice looking but grouchy as hell.

Weird. 

delicate flower

Good morning and hello, people of the web!  Easy 45 minute run last night on flat-ish roads.  I've got an 80 minute tempo run to tackle today.  A week ago that run would have scared me, but today I am sort of looking forward to it.  I'm going to do it on the high school track since it'll be dark out and I don't want to run on dark roads during rush hour.  Isn't that story amazing?  I'm hoping I can get away from my desk for an hour this morning and lift some weights.

Two days until Ski Vacation '15.  I cannot express how much I am looking forward to that.

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

JANUARY 22 IS CELEBRATE LIFE DAY

After 5 days of running in a row, I am celebrating today by NOT running.  Good day around here not to run too, weather is miserable, POURING rain - we are predicted to get 2 to 4 inches over the next couple of days - and the temp is dropping.  I came in to work a bit early today to avoid all the traffic....San Antonio has a very high percentage of really bad drivers in bad weather. (not me, of course..  )...and even when I left early, there were already about 10 accidents around the area, sheesh.

Wait, Lily...I thought you were in Quebec....and you have to drive to Montreal for an appointment?  Doesn't Quebec have hospitals?  Ummm, I'm almost afraid to ask what you have to shave...       Hope your appointment goes well!  Are you even going to be ABLE to run after a drugged-up hospital appointment?

Brewery meeting, nice, Jay!  Hope YOU can run after that...don't end up getting a RWI  (running while intoxicated)....

Happy rest day, LRB.  Well, if you did date her, I'm sure you could mellow her out in no time.  

Good luck with the temp run, Baboon!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

B-Plus

Lily - Good luck. I'm surprised you started the dailies again. I thought you keep pressing refresh until the dailies appear.

I have a progression run in the schedule.

Little Blue

RD for me.   Doc appt at noon, which usually requires a box lunch and a thick book.  Great doctors, but if you don't get the first appointment of the day, the wait is endless.  I'm convinced there is a note on my chart that says 'ignore this person."  Not looking forward to sitting in a waiting room full of sick people.

But at least I don't have to shave anything.   Good luck, Lily.  Yours sounds worse than mine.

LRB

Happy rest day, LRB.  Well, if you did date her, I'm sure you could mellow her out in no time.  

I have been down that road before, I should have called it a nightmare. lol

LRB

RD for me.   Doc appt at noon, which usually requires a box lunch and a thick book.  Great doctors, but if you don't get the first appointment of the day, the wait is endless.  I'm convinced there is a note on my chart that says 'ignore this person."  Not looking forward to sitting in a waiting room full of sick people.

We were just talking about this yesterday. What is the pint of having an appointment if you have to wait an hour past it?! Luckily this is not an issue with my doc, but if it was I am not sure I could take that sitting down. SWIDT?

Hip Redux

My ortho gives out buzzers like they do at restaurants so you can go to the mall next door and not just sit in the waiting room.   In his defense, he schedules a 15 minute appointment but actually spends 45 minutes with folks... as opposed to the orthos who schedule a 5 minute appointment and you spend 4 of them with the PA.

LRB

Snort it.

That would be interesting, I use liquid Advil.

Lily, hope everything goes well for you.

Woke up this AM & my back was still pretty painful. Figured I'd try to run anyway. Really hoped it'd work out, because (1) I don't want to have to take any time off, and (2) didn't want to be up at 5AM for nothing. Hit the treadmill. Walked a mile first, then cranked it up. No problem; ended up doing 8 real easy. It just hurts doing anything else.

Dave

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Wait, Lily...I thought you were in Quebec....and you have to drive to Montreal for an appointment?  Doesn't Quebec have hospitals?  Ummm, I'm almost afraid to ask what you have to shave...       Hope your appointment goes well!  Are you even going to be ABLE to run after a drugged-up hospital appointment?

Scotty, I think Montreal is in Quebec.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Little Blue

My ortho gives out buzzers like they do at restaurants so you can go to the mall next door and not just sit in the waiting room.   In his defense, he schedules a 15 minute appointment but actually spends 45 minutes with folks... as opposed to the orthos who schedule a 5 minute appointment and you spend 4 of them with the PA.

That's generally the problem with this place.  They do spend as much time as needed, but they don't schedule for it.

One time I had a 10:30 appointment, and saw the doc at 11:45.  I was supposed to meet my DH for lunch at his office next door.  When the doc finally walked in, I told him 'thank goodness, I was just getting ready to order a pizza.'  He laughed.