Beginners and Beyond

The man bun - Yay or nay? (Read 100 times)

B-Plus

It’s a hairstyle being sported by cutting-edge, trendsetting men, but the man bun may be causing Vancouver’s hipsters to go bald.

Experts are warning men that the skyward-pointing ’do, popularized by celebrities such as David Beckham, Jared Leto and Brad Pitt, may cause a condition called traction alopecia, which is a result of hair being pulled from the scalp by repeated tugging.

http://www.theprovince.com/life/fashion-beauty/Heads+guys+Those+trendy+buns+cause+loss+your+precious+hair+with+video/10293070/story.html

Tar Heel Mom

kween

We saw it all over Italy this summer. We started doing "man-bun" alerts when we saw one in the crowd.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

Docket_Rocket

That's weird.  Women do all sorts of shit to their hair and we don't lose our hair for it.  Maybe men ARE more prone to hair loss.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Half Crazy K 2.0

That's weird.  Women do all sorts of shit to their hair and we don't lose our hair for it.  Maybe men ARE more prone to hair loss.

We do, just not the same as men. When I did gymnastics, I had spots that got pulled way to tight when I pulled it back in a ponytail, usually on the sides, so it was pretty easy to cover it with the 90s bangs.

I've also read that you should vary where you pull your hair back to avoid breaking it in the same place.

B-Plus

I go to all the whitecaps games and all the meticulous dos are quite entertaining.

LRB

Stupid me, I didn't even know what a man bun was. 

That video was like watching a young, hipster version of Red Green Big grin

B-Plus

LRB

Yeah, no, Imma pass on that one.  lol

Little Blue

Yeah, no, Imma pass on that one.  lol

Good call.  Can we interest you in the flowered pants?

That dude's grandma is wondering where her kitchen curtains went.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

In a word, "no."

B-Plus

In a word, "no."

You get dibs on the pants if LRB doesn't claim them.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

You get dibs on the pants if LRB doesn't claim them.

In two words, "Hell no."

Brilliant