Beginners and Beyond

Wednesdailies on the run (Read 32 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good morning all!

I ran an awesome 3 miles last night, immediately after dinner with the girlfriend's family. Sloshing was minimal Smile I'm going hard at this taper thing - hope it helps.

What are you all up to?

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

onemile

I ran 9 with 2.5 miles tempo + 2x800m + 2x400m

delicate flower

'Morning!  2200 yard swim done.  Tempo run later with heavy rain in the forecast.  Hopefully that holds up.

<3

KCRuns

Ooh.  Do I need to run a marathon this weekend to be able to do reasonably eat this?  Asking for a friend....

Docket, I think you can just run it off later...

I stayed up too late last night and chose to sleep in this morning.  I'll go to the gym during lunch and get on the treadmill for 5ish miles easy.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have the 5 miles I missed yesterday and kickboxing tonight.

KCRuns, you've convinced me...

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

sdWhiskers

3.7 miles this morning including some strides. I'm getting out there but my heart just isn't in it right now. Not sure why I'm in a funk.

We're going camping for the next 4 days so I'll be off the grid. Camping provides great memories for my little man but is not my first pick for a vacation. Hoping the excessive heat warnings don't follow us into the mountains...

Cyberic

I ran 9 with 2.5 miles tempo + 2x800m + 2x400m

I'd probably like that workout.

Cyberic

We're going camping for the next 4 days so I'll be off the grid. Camping provides great memories for my little man but is not my first pick for a vacation. Hoping the excessive heat warnings don't follow us into the mountains...

My family wanted to go for a 10 day camping trip for our vacation. I kinda said no. Well I did say no, but then I said "ok" but for now we have no vacation plan because of me.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Agree...that's a great workout. I love the combined tempo and interval work and the gains you can make from it. It's not an easy one, that's for sure.

Oh, and way to kill the family vacation 

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

onemile

yeah I like workouts with a variety of distances/paces and also ones that start out at a slower pace and increase (that seems to make the faster running less of a struggle for me).

I also like camping.  I actually just bought a camper and can't wait to try it out.

sdWhiskers

My family wanted to go for a 10 day camping trip for our vacation. I kinda said no. Well I did say no, but then I said "ok" but for now we have no vacation plan because of me.

10 days, woah. We did one night the first year, then 2 nights last year and now we're up to 3 nights this year which is probably my max. We go with several other families which is fun but the preparation makes my head hurt.  And it seems silly to spend money buying so much stuff for a few nights of the year. ANYWAY, I will go and try to have as much fun as possible.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

SIAR - Enjoy the taper and good luck at the race.

One Mile - Nice workout.  I'd probably lose track of all the different things to do if I set out to get that done.

Baboon - Have a good rain run.

KC - Good luck with the 5.

DR - Wish I could help you consume the doughnuts....

Whiskers - Sorry to hear about you being in a  funk.  I hope you find your way out of it.

Eric - Getting my family to agree on any vacation is increasingly difficult.  I like camping, but about half my family do not.

I ran an easy 3 this morning and plan to get in the other 3 tonight at my town's annual 5k.  Given I hope to run with my son, that I did track work yesterday, and the weather is supposed to be hot & humid with rain likely, I decided I'm not racing it today.  This event was my first 5k and I've run it every year since, so today I'm participating to keep the streak alive and see who I meet during the run, and to enjoy the after-race pizza party (and see how many high schoolers wind up hurling into garbage cans this year after wolfing down too much pizza right after the run).  Today would normally be a rest day, but I'm traveling tomorrow, so I'm getting in Friday's easy 6 today (Friday will be Thursday's pace run).

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                          10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

onemile

10 days, woah. We did one night the first year, then 2 nights last year and now we're up to 3 nights this year which is probably my max. We go with several other families which is fun but the preparation makes my head hurt.  And it seems silly to spend money buying so much stuff for a few nights of the year. ANYWAY, I will go and try to have as much fun as possible.

on my trip last month, we camped for 6 nights straight.  I could go longer, especially if there are shower facilities.

Cyberic

yeah I like workouts with a variety of distances/paces and also ones that start out at a slower pace and increase (that seems to make the faster running less of a struggle for me).

Although I do like simpler workouts like 6x800 /400 for example, because they are, simpler Smile and so I can just use the Intervals menu on my watch and not have to program the thing on the computer or on my phone, I also like workouts with varying paces. It is less "boring". And I also prefer starting slower and working my way up to faster.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 40 enjoyable miles.  The ride sure beats the hell out of work today.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.