Beginners and Beyond

Experimental ThursDAILIES (Read 32 times)

LRB

'Sup, crew.

Given how dead my legs have been feeling the morning after yoga, I've decided to forego my beloved morning jog and run tonight after work instead.

GASP!

I know right?! I am not sure that I have ever not run in the morning. Once, maybe?

Anyway, we'll see how that goes...

What up doe?

Docket_Rocket

Maybe you'll see the benefits of not running half asleep?

Morning.  12 and Pilates at some point.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I haven't started a run after 8AM but a handful of times.  When I get home in the afternoon, I just want to eat and drink a beer.  I guess I could adapt to afternoon running, but I won't unless I have to.

I ran 7.9 miles that didn't suck.  I'll take it.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!!

Rick, if you're like me, you'll run faster in the evening (at the same effort level).  I'm always slower in the mornings.

Doubled again yesterday after work, another quick 5, I am loving this weather!!  5 more this morning, gonna take tomorrow off and rest a lil for the marathon on Sat.  I'm going to do it as a training run, but it's got a fair amount of elevation, basically it's up and over a mountain four times, a small mountain, but still a mountain. LOL

IRT to the post marathon discussion from yesterday, thankfully I've never experienced the big post race let down that a lot of people seem to get.  My biggest complaint is the interruption to my running, between tapering and recovering it eats up about a month!!  Part of me wants to stick to halfs and shorter so that I can just keep running and racing all the time, no tapering and minimal recovery.  But instead I'll go do a 100 miler. LOL  I'm already planning on taking all of June to recover from that, 7-14 days of no running at all, then a slow reverse taper to get back up to my regular mileage and start marathon training in July.

Happy Friday Eve, hope everyone has a great day!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

delicate flower

Hello then and whatcha say!  I don't understand why anyone would run in the morning unless they had to.  Seriously, people.

3050 yard swim before work with the masters group.  Well, 2300 yards with the group, then I stayed later just to get to 3000 yards.  62 minutes of swimming.

<3

onemile

2 hours and 20 minute aquajog.

Cyberic

12.5 with 10 @ MP. Was wet, was cold, was miserable.

Zelanie

I am not a morning exerciser unless I have to.  RD today, since I have my MRI this afternoon.

onemile

12.5 with 10 @ MP. Was wet, was cold, was miserable.

Docket_Rocket

12 with 5 @ HMP done

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

onemile

onemile

I think I need to toughen up the criteria here...

Docket_Rocket

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

I think I need to toughen up the criteria here...

lol

Everyone has stepped their game up!

LRB

I don't understand why anyone would run in the morning unless they had to.  

It's simple; my run is done and out of the way before my day starts. Two words for that; Awe, Some. Big grin