Beginners and Beyond

BOOM! Friday Penguins (Read 20 times)

Bin Running

Congrats to all racer.. You rock..

Brilliant, nice pic.. My wife has been trying to get some ladies super heroes tee but they are hard to come by from where I am.. My son is a great fan of all super heroes.

6M done before worldcup.. My team is a goal down now.. boo

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Brilliant

Thanks, everyone. Smile

Jerry, it was a 5k - the markers were wrong but the course distance was correct!

Jack, sorry your race didn't go as planned.  It was a little warm out there this morning (for SoCal).

I'm feeling way happier than I was when I posted earlier.  First, my hubby got home from the gym and when I said, "I only PRed by 23 seconds," he said, "Are you kidding?  That's great!  You're getting more badass every day!"  And you know how I love that!  Then I went to the results page & found out I was 6/34 in my age group.  So, I might be a slow-poke, but I was faster than most of the other middle-age moms out there today. Smile

Brilliant

Brilliant, nice pic.. My wife has been trying to get some ladies super heroes tee but they are hard to come by from where I am.. My son is a great fan of all super heroes.

My daughter made the Capt America t-shirt, just cutting apart & re-stitching inexpensive identical red, white & blue t-shirts.  And my friend used some kind of tape to make her wonder-woman shirt on a plain black tech T.  So if you wife is at all crafty, she can make her own! (pinterest will be her friend in that)

on my way to badass

Way to go Obie! 5 miles done with new training partner.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Bin Running

My daughter made the Capt America t-shirt, just cutting apart & re-stitching inexpensive identical red, white & blue t-shirts.  And my friend used some kind of tape to make her wonder-woman shirt on a plain black tech T.  So if you wife is at all crafty, she can make her own! (pinterest will be her friend in that)

Wow! I am impressed.. The t-shirt look good.. Not so sure if my wife is so good at craft though..

My team is out.. Sad

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

hog4life

Congrats to Obie, Jack, and Brilliant!!!

SheCan

Afternoon and happy fouth to everyone!

Obie-- Congratulations on your Half Marathon!!!!!!!!   Good time, I hope you write us up a RR.

Mitch-- good job on the 4.  Bella and I have a lot in common.

PAD-- Sad  Work this afternoon?  Well I'm glad you at least got your run in this a.m.

Docket -- that's not a day off at all for you!  Well enjoy your 13 mile run and Pilates. "I cycled to Pilates and back for a third workout today. "  Maybe you should also go do a weight workout?  I'm glad you're at least OUR bad ass!

Jerry-- make extra, me and hubby might be over later for BBQ!

Brilliant-- glad you had a good 5k, congratulations on the PR!   Love, love, love the picture.  You all look like you're having a great time.  Enjoy the party tonight!  Haha@ your update!  Of course it's awesome, and it's so nice that your DH pointed it out.  And what's this about middle-aged?  You're such a cute youngen.  BTW, that is a fantastic tee, especially now knowing your DD made it.

Jack-- that's still a really good time.  I wonder with the race warm and starting with the sun pretty high, if perhaps you shouldn't have warmed up for as long?   Don't know, just something to think about.  Heat can definitely make one feel a bit ill.  Hope you're already feeling much better.

Bin-- WTG on getting your miles in.  We've ordered a few things from this website, Bin.  http://www.superherostuff.com/  Do you know if you could order from it from where you are?

StoneFence-- Great job on the 5!  Are you going to start running with a partner all the time now?

I did 4.2 miles on the road today.  It wasn't the nice cool run I'd imagined, but it was still cooler than it has been, and there was some cloudiness.  But when that sun would peek through, it still was pretty darned warm, and muggy too.  Hubby suggested a swim when I finished, and suddenly everything was A-Okay again.  Going to a friend's house tonight for dinner, drinks and then on over to watch the fireworks show.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

on my way to badass

Cherie- the partner and I are training for the same HM. We're gonna try for 1-2x/week (long runs or track workouts). She is a bit speedier than I.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Docket_Rocket

She Can, it was not my day off exercise, just from work.

10 miles only since I did all those workouts today.  First 4 on the TM as we hit triple digits and 76 dewpoint again.  Rest outside.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Obie- Woohoo!

Jack- I think running fast takes a lot out of you in different ways.  Sometimes (and my "fast" is nowhere near your "fast"), I feel like I'm super thirsty, but there's nothing I can drink that will make me feel better, just a good night's sleep.

Brilliant- That's a great picture of you!  And I am realizing that the more I run, the more PRs are to be appreciated, even if they're only one second.  I ran a 10 miler last year and then this year was 20-some second *slower* on what should have been better training.  So a PR is a PR, enjoy it!

Oh, and 7 easy for me this morning, followed by a July 4th picnic for the kids who could make it downtown today to try to help with homesickeness.

Bin Running

Thanks, Cherie. Will check it out later.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar