Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: We Got What You Need (Read 62 times)

runmomto3boys

13 planned for tonight.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Morning everyone

2 pages already!!! I wish I could do personals, but there's too many of you and I need to fire up my Keurig and get ready for work!

Just got back from 6am spin class at the gym. My first ever spin class! As soon as the instructor began the class he said, "Guess what everyone! It's RACE DAY!!!" and everyone groans. I guess 3 weeks a month are "training weeks" when they work on speed and endurance, and once a month they have "race day" as kind of a fitness test and extra difficult class. Perfect for my first class lol. It was a really good workout though, I liked it!

Leaving work early tonight to go to a Brooklyn Nets game with my dad....very excited!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

Morning B&B! Easy 7+ miles today. Legs kinda beat up from my 400s yesterday.

LRB - read the mill section in Daniels book and what he says not all that different than workouts i am doing for 5k-15k. That is my kinda place about 3+yrs ago before is tarted running.Smile

Kay - nice coffee

April - way to get in some speed on your 4 miler

Luke - you doing Daniels plan?

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

BruceD555

LRB - Love that photo ... they say it like it is!

Gustav1 - Thunderstorms? I don't think the heavy stuff will come down for quite some time. Enjoy that run.

BasyaSpiliakos - Hope your tempo run goes well today.

Just B.S. - Yep, this "unsettled" weather thing is a pain. Enjoy that swim & run and try to not dislocate a shoulder with the bag.

KayPS - I can always count on you for the coffee... thanks! Have a good 3 later on today.

ImNotScott - Hope you're feeling better later on and can get in those 5 recovery miles. Remember to not push it if you're still 'sick'.

AprilRunner - Great job on knocking out those 4 already!! Stay dry today.

Baboon - Here's hoping you have a good doc apt today. You've been so diligent in the pre-hab PT.

Luke79 - Have a good tempo run later today.

Docket_Rocket - Here's hopin' for no reaction to your allergy shot. Enjoy the day ... no matter what it brings.

flarunner - Great job on the early 8 miles already. Enjoy the rest of your day.

runmomto3boys - Enjoy those 13 miles tonight!

I have 12 on tap for this evening ... either in the snow or inside at the track. The location all depends on how much coffee I have today.

Train smart ... race smarter.

happylily

Good morning! Wednesday already, woohoo!

12.1 GA last night,, 8:06 pace. Last two with hills. 15 slower ones tonight. I run right after work, usually between 5:30 and 6 pm and I finish usually around 7 or 7:30 pm. Then I have to wash, and THEN, my family eats, around 7:30/8 pm. My SO will cook, that's not the problem, but he likes to wait for me and I feel guilty that I make them wait like this. He says it's fine, but still, I feel bad. Normally, we would eat around 6 or 6:30 pm. What time do you guys have supper at?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Chairman

Just finished easy 10 in some heavy fog. Felt unusually hungry this morning even though I thought I ate a lot last night.

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

My knee that I fell on at work yesterday feels ok today. Bruised, but otherwise just fine, thankfully!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Targeting another 6 lunchtime miles at work today, expecting 55 degrees & a break in the rain. Often wish I could go longer, but that is really pushing the length of lunch break as it is. And often hard to break away from the busy schedule. But I love to get that in; it is just too dark in the AM this time of year, and helps avoid happylily's post-work dilemma. I try to get home by 6 & the family eats together. On Fridays I often run after work, can get a longer one in, and dinner that night is usually more casual. I am lucky my last 2 bosses have been fitness guys who are supportive. And I joined a nearby Planet Fitness for $10/month to use their showers (and in a pinch, their treadmills).

Dave

After my run in the rain last night i think i will head to the gym for a light workout and 5x400 on the treadmill. Because that is what Mr Higdon suggested for my 2nd day of training. It says 5x400 at mile pace.........how is the mile pace determined?

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Pinktastic

Good Morning Friends!!

It’s nice and chilly outside today – well, chilly compared to yesterday at this time (73 yesterday morning and only 42 this morning).  I love it!

LRB – Thanks for the laugh this morning!!

Gustav – Have a great run whenever you get out there!  If you’re out in the storm, stay safe!

Basya – I’m not awake yet either.    Have a Pinklightful day and enjoy your run and workout later!

Beth – I hate having to pack a bag, especially when you need options for what to wear.   I hate unpacking the bag even more.   Hope you have a wonderful swim today and may your run be Pink-mazing!!

Kay – Sounds like beautiful weather for you run!   Have fun!

ImNotScott – Man!  I just hate the “it’s going to be 65 degrees today” flu.   Cough, cough.   Hope your 5 miles are simply beautiful!

April – Way to get out there early this morning!!   I agree that the worst part is actually getting out of bed.   I can so easily convince myself that I don’t need to get up.   And, I always regret it when I do that.   Have a great rest of your day!

Phil – I hope that the appointment goes well today and that you get answers for all your questions.   Enjoy the elliptical later!

Luke – Have a fabulous run!

Damaris – May your allergy shot be painless and reaction-free!

Flarunner – Glad you had a great run this morning!   I hope that the rest of your day goes equally well!!

Heidi – Enjoy your 13 miles tonight!   I’m sure you’ll knock them out of the park!

Kristin10185 – Your first spin class and it was race day?   What an initiation into the class!  Well done!!   I’m really glad that your knee feels okay this morning!   Have fun at the game tonight!

Jedi – Hope your easy 7 are truly easy and your legs feel better afterwards!

Bruce – No matter where you end up running, have a great run!!

Lily – You are inspirational!   I don’t know how you run like you do, but I sure love reading about it!

Scrape. – Nice work getting in 10 already!   I am usually extra hungry in the mornings if I eat a lot the night before (or if I eat later than usual the night before).   Have a great day!

I did some stretching / strengthening stuff as soon as I got up this morning.   I need to look up more exercises for these types of mornings.   Normally, Wednesdays are SRD for me, but I can't decide if I want to run a couple of miles after work or if I should take the rest day.   I guess I'll figure it out based on when I leave work today.

Keep up the great work everyone!   And, may your next run teach you something new and wonderful about yourselves!!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy Hump Day!

Remember to hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!

And then you will look soooooo goood!

Did 4.5 miles around the university campus after work.   86 degrees and very humid.  I did my hill route and felt so good I threw in an extra hill at the end.  My last 1/2 mile the wind picked up like crazy - 25 mph gusts! - and the temp started to drop!  Quite a change now from yesterday - only 40 degrees this morning and our high today will only be 62.

Thanks everyone for thoughts, vibes, etc., yesterday.  Gail's niece is still in ICU but she has been stabilized and is doing a lot better.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Gustav, I like your attitude.

Just B.S., have fun swimming and running.

Kay, enjoy the three miles in beautiful weather.

ImNotScott, feel well soon. I hope that you'll be up to the five-miler.

AprilRunner, great job being done before the rest of the world is up and at it.

Baboon, I hope that all goes well at the doc's today.

Luke, enjoy you tempo run.

Damaris, I hope that you don't have a reaction to your allergy shot. Ha e fun, whether you work out or not.

flarunner, excellent eight this morning.

Heidi, have a great thirteen.

kristin10185, I'm glad that your knee was OK enough to take a spin class. Have fun with your dad.

jedigunnie26.2, I hope that your easy run works the kinks out of your legs.

BruceD555, enjoy your run, no matter where you do it.

Lily, I usually eat between 6:30 and 8:00 p.m., depending on whether I'm alone, I'm eating with someone, had gone to the gym, etc..

scrape., how did the fogginess affect your run?

8.03 tempo miles done. According to the TM, it took 72:00 minutes. (The TMs at my gym max at sixty minutes,, so I had to restart it. Grrr!!!) I did the first seventy minutes at 6.8mph (8:49) and the last two minutes at 8:42). My legs felt awake. Me? Not so much, LOL.

Mostly harmless

Normally, we would eat around 6 or 6:30 pm. What time do you guys have supper at?

We are all over the place. My kids play high school sports so we almost always have a game or a practice to work around. I get my runs in either on my lunch break or right when I get off work at 2:30.  Long runs are Saturday morning.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Mostly harmless

I did some stretching / strengthening stuff as soon as I got up this morning.   I need to look up more exercises for these types of mornings.   Normally, Wednesdays are SRD for me, but I can't decide if I want to run a couple of miles after work or if I should take the rest day.   I guess I'll figure it out based on when I leave work today.

Go run. It will make you happy.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

YAYpril - B-Plus

Just finished easy 10 in some heavy fog. Felt unusually hungry this morning even though I thought I ate a lot last night.

My run was really foggy too. Super creepy... I couldn't see stoplights until I was right in front of them. I briefly thought about bailing but got it done anyway.