Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: We Got What You Need (Read 62 times)

Jess runs for bacon

Those doing the Frederick Half should sign up for the Baltimore Half in October and get the Maryland Double medal!

I was looking at that but it's the same weekend as the RW Half.

15.2 done, even with a downpour I felt too warm in 2 tees and shorts.  Something about being acclimated to single digits and suddenly going to 58 degrees. Big grin    7:27 pace.

Sarah - my thing learned was that there's a field house in the park I turn around at.  It has a bathroom, fridge, stove -- pretty handy on an otherwise desolate route.

@runjerseygirl

15.2 done, even with a downpour I felt too warm in 2 tees and shorts.  Something about being acclimated to single digits and suddenly going to 58 degrees. Big grin    7:27 pace.

Sarah - my thing learned was that there's a field house in the park I turn around at.  It has a bathroom, fridge, stove -- pretty handy on an otherwise desolate route.

It was in the 50's here, too.  I was wearing a tank top and sweating my butt off.

Do you even run?

Sarah, try just three miles. It's long enough that it's something, but short enough to not tax you.

Great news, Baboon.

Rick, great job with your GF MyrtlSmile

Shari, enjoy your seven miles indoors.

lilac_jive, I hope that the weather stats dry enough for you to join the group tonight.

Shirfan, have a great fifteen-miler.

Fuzzy, enjoy tonight's easy run.

FreeSoul87, enjoy your rest day.

Kay, awesome virtual 5K.

Shirfan, 15.2 at 7:27 rocks.

B-Plus

Good morning! I guess I'm too late for coffee.

10-11 miles tonight.

Got my 6 lunchtime miles in. Beautiful - 50 degrees, overcast but no rain. Apparently all that changes tomorrow, high 21 low 14. Enjoyed running in shorts today anyway.

Yes I realize I am lucky to be able to do this. Changing clothes, running, driving to the gym to shower & back ends up taking about 1.5 hours. Of course I could run less miles (or faster! Joking Wink. Then I eat at my desk while working (or, um, posting on Internet forums Wink). I do get in a bit early, stay a bit late & work at home; I am not in a clock-punching kind of job but I put my time in. Although I still try not to do it more than ~2x/wk.  

I travel some as well, so end up on a lot of hotel fitness center treadmills. Can be tough to find outdoor running options in strange areas, and/or around freeway exits where the hotels are usually located. Interested to hear whether people have any suggestions about that. 

Dave

Just B.S.

I travel some as well, so end up on a lot of hotel fitness center treadmills. Can be tough to find outdoor running options in strange areas, and/or around freeway exits where the hotels are usually located. Interested to hear whether people have any suggestions about that. 

Do you inquire at the front desk about possible local routes? Often when hubby and I travel we

will ask the front desk staff and sometimes they even have a map with recommended

local routes/distances

I know you can always do Map My run or some such thing but asking locals is always better.

Worth a try.

DaveP MI, I'm happy that you're able to take advantage of that. Do you find that it makes the rest of your day more pleasant?

Just B.S., you just reminded me. I need to look for a gym in Jerusalem that I can use while I'm there.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

10.81 miles for me, including 10x10sec hill sprints at the end.  Tonight will be 5 more miles with the running group.

Shirfan...Great job on the 15, with a very nice pace.  I was too warm today too, and absolutely soaked.  I had a t-shirt and a light rainproof jacket with shorts and was hating it.

Bplus...Have a good run later!

Dave...Nice job with your 6 and taking advantage of the decent weather.  I'm lucky with my running schedule too, and definitely appreciate how much harder others work to get their runs in.  I don't have any good suggestions for travel running unless you're in a city, which makes it much easier.  I'm pretty adventurous and will run on just about any road though.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I'm envious of people who get a long enough lunch break to run!!!! I barely have time to eat lunch and catch up on emails during mine!! Do you shower after too, or just go through the rest of work smelly?

Well, working at a university I have the advantage of being able to use the university gym and the athletic facilities, so showers are available.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

B-Plus

SIAR - How long did it take you to work up to those hill sprints? Usually when I add them in, I get issues with my foot. Maybe I'm adding too many too quickly.

Pinktastic

Shirfan - That is an excellent discovery!!   Nice run today too!   Is that your LR or only MLR for you?

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Pinktastic

Sarah, try just three miles. It's long enough that it's something, but short enough to not tax you.

Basya - I'm leaning in that direction.  I think it's going to depend on whether my last call goes over the expected time period - it's with Legal so it will either get cancelled at the last minute or they'll be long winded because it's the end of the day and they don't have another call to join.....    I'm hoping for cancelled!   ;-)

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

YAYpril - B-Plus

I ended up going to the gym at lunch. 2x1' standard core done, Myrtl done, and 10 assisted pull-ups done!

Shirfan - That is an excellent discovery!!   Nice run today too!   Is that your LR or only MLR for you?

MLR, although some weeks LR's aren't that much further.