Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: We Got What You Need (Read 62 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

SIAR - How long did it take you to work up to those hill sprints? Usually when I add them in, I get issues with my foot. Maybe I'm adding too many too quickly.

I worked up pretty slowly. I started with 1x8 sec hill sprint in November. Each week I added one or two more, until I got to 10x8. Now it's up to 10x10sec, and next week will start the hill intervals. I've tolerated them really well so far. I think some of that is probably from starting slowly.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

StepbyStep-SH

Shirfan - Your gym doesn't have hills? Big grin 
      SIAR - Good luck getting into the hill repeats next week - I failed at my attempt today.

My 7 TM miles were mostly easy. Schedule had called for some 200 m hill repeats at 3k-5k pace, but as I expected to happen, my legs wouldn't even get me through the first one today. And I have a tougher time with my cardio, too, inside in the hot, stuffy gym. The fan on the TM is a joke - I can only feel air movement if my hand is about 6" from the fan. So I kept it mostly in the easy range, with a bit of added incline and pace a couple of times just to relieve the tedium. Now I need to go cross-train with the snow shovel for a while.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Shirfan - Your gym doesn't have hills? Big grin 
        SIAR - Good luck getting into the hill repeats next week - I failed at my attempt today.

My 7 TM miles were mostly easy. Schedule had called for some 200 m hill repeats at 3k-5k pace, but as I expected to happen, my legs wouldn't even get me through the first one today. And I have a tougher time with my cardio, too, inside in the hot, stuffy gym. The fan on the TM is a joke - I can only feel air movement if my hand is about 6" from the fan. So I kept it mostly in the easy range, with a bit of added incline and pace a couple of times just to relieve the tedium. Now I need to go cross-train with the snow shovel for a while.

Thank you for that...as if I haven't been scared of them for the last 2 weeks as it is Smile. I'll take solace in the notion that trying them indoors on a hot TM would be decidedly craptastic. For BPlus's sake, did you have any trouble building your hill sprints up slowly?

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Thought RW was the weekend after?

I was looking at that but it's the same weekend as the RW Half.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

StepbyStep-SH

Thank you for that...as if I haven't been scared of them for the last 2 weeks as it is Smile. I'll take solace in the notion that trying them indoors on a hot TM would be decidedly craptastic. For BPlus's sake, did you have any trouble building your hill sprints up slowly?

Ummm ... well ... I've actually only done them a few times, because I'm too chicken to try that pace and that steep on a TM, and it's been slippery a few of the times I've meant to do them outside.

I think I've done 3x, 4x and 5x, and the only time I had any question was after the first time when I had unexplained pain on the top outside of one foot later that day. But it hasn't returned the other times.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Do you inquire at the front desk about possible local routes? Often when hubby and I travel we

will ask the front desk staff and sometimes they even have a map with recommended

local routes/distances

Thanks, great idea, will have to keep that in mind.

Dave

DaveP MI, I'm happy that you're able to take advantage of that. Do you find that it makes the rest of your day more pleasant?

Well it certainly makes me enjoy my lunch more. And yes somewhat, but mostly makes evenings more relaxed.

Dave

Jess runs for bacon

Thought RW was the weekend after?

You're quite right. I may have been looking at an old date. Hrmm....two halfs in two weeks? Do I like pretty sparkles MORE than relaxing? Decisions, decisions.

@runjerseygirl

You're quite right. I may have been looking at an old date. Hrmm....two halfs in two weeks? Do I like pretty sparkles MORE than relaxing? Decisions, decisions.

Of course you do!  SPARKLES RULE!!!

Do you even run?

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I'm considering being almost as crazy and doing the Baltimore half (already registered, will be my first half!) and then the five and dime at RW the next weekend.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Of course you do!  SPARKLES RULE!!!

+100

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Hi!  Just came back here to show myself there are some sane people in RA.

But carry on.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Well.... I did accidentally start a conversation about getting medals (specifically the Maryland Double). So....who knows.... maybe a meltdown is coming?

Hi!  Just came back here to show myself there are some sane people in RA.

But carry on.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Took advantage of 66F temps to run an interval workout in the park on a small .2 mile loop. Ran 6 x 2 loops (.4 miles) avg 3:18 (8:15 pace) with a one loop jog recovery. finished just in time for a light rain to begin as I jogged back to the car. Yes, I do jog. Nothing wrong with that. Wink  Total workout distance 7.1 miles.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

@runjerseygirl

Garmin deets on my impromptu lunchtime 5k:

Distance: 3.11 mi
                                Time: 32:06
                                Avg Pace: 10:19 min/mi
                                Elevation Gain: 41 ft
                                Calories: 377 C

<tfoot> </tfoot>

Split