Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: We Got What You Need (Read 62 times)

WHAT UP DAILIES!?

So I'm still on a pretty big high from yesterday.  I'm coming off the greatest day of skiing I've ever had, by a long shot... and that goes back a ways (about 1980). I'm now sitting here in the airport waiting to head back home. I managed to stay injury free. My brother in law didn't though. On the last day he suffered a 3rd degree shoulder separation. Sucks!

Check out the video to see what I experienced yesterday all day long.  Oh, and holy DOMS.. I be suffering!

http://www.skiutah.com/winter/blog/authors/matt/snowbasin-never-been-deeper

happylily

Hi!  Just came back here to show myself there are some sane people in RA.

But carry on.

Now I understand why many L&Oers think we're all morons in BF... It doesn't say much about us that this retarded thread is the only one with any action around here...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Mostly harmless

Those doing the Frederick Half should sign up for the Baltimore Half in October and get the Maryland Double medal!

...SPARKLES RULE!!!

I ran the double last year.  If you want the extra spiffy medal in the center, you have to register for Baltimore way early.

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

Docket_Rocket

I wish this could only happen on the internet, but sadly my co worker would fit in the WTF category.

Now I understand why many L&Oers think we're all morons in BF... It doesn't say much about us that this retarded thread is the only one with any action around here...

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

I wish this could only happen on the internet, but sadly my co worker would fit in the WTF category.

You were talking about your co-workers? Ooops... I thought you were talking about us. hahaha... Sorry about the irritation, D.! Breathe deeply and smile! :-) Is it the googoogaga woman (the one who had a baby last year)?

Just B.S.

Cool schwag Scott!

I ran the double last year.  If you want the extra spiffy medal in the center, you have to register for Baltimore way early.

Docket_Rocket

I was talking about us and then said it also happens in real life.  Yes, the one with the baby.

You were talking about your co-workers? Ooops... I thought you were talking about us. hahaha... Sorry about the irritation, D.! Breathe deeply and smile! :-) Is it the googoogaga woman (the one who had a baby last year)?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

I was talking about us and then said it also happens in real life.  Yes, the one with the baby.

Ah! I was right... we're stupidly childish (not you!) and so is she. Big grin

It's a train wreck. Nobody can avert their eyes.

AprilRunner, great workout.

SIAR, I'm glad that you listened to your body an were able to complete the seven miles.

Damaris, what happened?

wcrunner2, sweet intervals.

c0derunner, that sounds amazing! I hope that BIL heals quickly.

I did push-ups during my break. I'll do an work at some point before bed.

Robert31320

Team TJ

I got in 4.2 miles this morning.  With that run I'm at 108% of my monthly goal.  My plan is at least 4 more Thursday morning.  Happy running month for me.

Running for TJ because he can't.

LRB

Now I understand why many L&Oers think we're all morons in BF...

Really?  Because I don't.  I think the morons are morons.  Big grin

Supp crew, long day for me.  Time to get down with a PB & J with bananas sandwich.  Check back later...

Robert, congratulations on exceeding your monthly goal!

I just had a WTH moment. I ran seventy-one, not seventy-two minutes, this morning. My start and end times didn't come out to seventy-two minutes:/ I also took a look at my tapering schedule; I can see myself going insane.

B-Plus

I worked up pretty slowly. I started with 1x8 sec hill sprint in November. Each week I added one or two more, until I got to 10x8. Now it's up to 10x10sec, and next week will start the hill intervals. I've tolerated them really well so far. I think some of that is probably from starting slowly.

Thanks for the info! I also started with 1 and added 1-2 each week. But it still seems too aggressive for me. Maybe I have a weakness I need to address, or maybe I just need to hold at the same level for an extra week or so.

I'm not sure what's wrong with me, but I'm taking another day off. I hope this doesn't turn into a 3 month break ...

I did 3.13 tonight on the treadmill in 36:00.

Dumb Question: I am doing the Higdon 5k intermediate plan just so I can have some structure. And i have a 5 k in march. Up until now I was doing c210K and it was really to many miles a week for me right now. I did 20+ miles a week for four weeks and ending up taking a couple weeks off due to knee pain.

doing the 5x400 tonight. I warmed up with an easy mile then started the interval. with the interval is it 10 400 meters ....one walk/one at mile pace? Five times?

5 x400

Interval Training: To improve speed, you sometimes need to train at a pace faster than your race pace for the 5-K, about the pace you would run in a 1500 meter or mile race. Run 400 meters hard, then recover by jogging and/or walking 400 meters. Before starting this workout, warm-up by jogging a mile or two, stretching, and doing a few sprints of 100 meters. Cool down afterwards with a short jog.

Thanks 

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott