Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: We Got What You Need (Read 62 times)

happylily

Okay. I'm being rebellious here and I'm not running tonight. To hell with it. I ate too much and I want to go to bed early. And I think I'm even going to pour myself a glass of wine right now. We only live once, might as well make it worthwhile. There.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Okay. I'm being rebellious here and I'm not running tonight. To hell with it. I ate too much and I want to go to bed early. And I think I'm even going to pour myself a glass of wine right now. We only live once, might as well make it worthwhile. There.

Hell yes. That's what I'm talking about. We all should do that once in awhile.

Docket_Rocket

It's a long story.  It all started with my coworker slamming doors this morning because she was told a case that was just filed (2 hours prior) was going to be transferred to me (I have another related case and it would make sense to keep it together).  So, she knew and had no issue, except the slamming of doors.  Then, I leave the office and she goes to the boss (behind my back) complaining she didn't know they were transferring the case to me (liar) and that the decision was made without her (fucking liar), etc.  Well, guess what?  I just find out that one of HER cases is being transferred to me and that she knew for 2 weeks and didn't consult me about it.  I already reviewed and did depositions in the related case so knowing about it was important because they are RELATED.  But hey, that should teach you not to complain about people doing something you're doing yourself.  In any case, I was awaken by my nap (I don't feel well) by 5 calls from the office about this shit and in the end, the one that ended up being in trouble was her.  LOL.

This all means I'm very pissed and that some people are just crazy. Big grin

Anyway, if you can even understand my rambling....

AprilRunner, great workout.

SIAR, I'm glad that you listened to your body an were able to complete the seven miles.

Damaris, what happened?

wcrunner2, sweet intervals.

c0derunner, that sounds amazing! I hope that BIL heals quickly.

I did push-ups during my break. I'll do an work at some point before bed.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

And since they woke me up, I ended up doing 1 hour of kickboxing.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

StepbyStep-SH

Smart, smart lady.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Evening, Dailies!

Without reading a lot, I hope all are having a good day. Phil, I hope that doctor's app't went fine. Hopefully, surgery will be a breeze for you.

4 miles today, in between today's heavy rains and this evening's rain. I actually finished (in the dark) just as the rain was starting back up. Not an exceptional run. In fact, my butt was dragging a bit (maybe I should attach wheels). But I did what I set out to do, and I'm not disappointed with my result. Sometimes, you just don't have a lot of "oomph" in the tank.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

D, what seems like common sense sometimes is seen in the wrong way by people. She's probably feeling slighted, whereas what they did makes perfect sense from my perspective.

Lily, I hope you enjoyed NOT running today. I did that yesterday and it was great.

Docket_Rocket

I am more worried about the fact that she is accusing ME of doing something SHE WAS DOING TO ME.  That's some balls!

D, what seems like common sense sometimes is seen in the wrong way by people. She's probably feeling slighted, whereas what they did makes perfect sense from my perspective.

Lily, I hope you enjoyed NOT running today. I did that yesterday and it was great.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

I hear ya, D. She seems like one that you need to watch like a hawk!

Side note - the wind here just kicked up big time. WTH did that come from? All the tornado watches and storms rolled through here during the day, and now it decides to get windy? Do I need to sleep on the basement floor under the pool table tonight? Smile

BruceD555

And since they woke me up, I ended up doing 1 hour of kickboxing.

Man ... I gotta remember that in case someday I run the same race you do and see you taking a nap afterwards. Never ... ever wake Docket_Rocket - she'll start kickboxing.. Sorry you had to deal with the high school-ish drama at work. Sheesh, some people never grow up.

Well, I ended up running 11 (of 12 planned) outside this evening. It was snowing, winds were gusting 20mph, the feels like temp was 4 and we had about 6" on the ground already. This was one of the toughest runs I've had physically .. probably 5 miles were through 6" powder (first tracks) and the rest were in the roads with a combination of snow, slush and ice underneath. I'm guessing I might just have tired legs tomorrow.

Train smart ... race smarter.

Mostly harmless

Man ... I gotta remember that in case someday I run the same race you do and see you taking a nap afterwards. Never ... ever wake Docket_Rocket - she'll start kickboxing.. Sorry you had to deal with the high school-ish drama at work. Sheesh, some people never grow up.

Well, I ended up running 11 (of 12 planned) outside this evening. It was snowing, winds were gusting 20mph, the feels like temp was 4 and we had about 6" on the ground already. This was one of the toughest runs I've had physically .. probably 5 miles were through 6" powder (first tracks) and the rest were in the roads with a combination of snow, slush and ice underneath. I'm guessing I might just have tired legs tomorrow.

I have tired legs just reading this.  Good work man! I hope you are drinking something hot!

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

4.8 done with the group. I shoe tested the new Verrata on the run. I didn't like it because it had big lugs on the bottom that hurt my foot. Fun shoe at 6.9 oz though.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Thanks for the info! I also started with 1 and added 1-2 each week. But it still seems too aggressive for me. Maybe I have a weakness I need to address, or maybe I just need to hold at the same level for an extra week or so.

I'm not sure what's wrong with me, but I'm taking another day off. I hope this doesn't turn into a 3 month break ...

I can't think of much else, other than that maybe you could try them on a smaller hill. Right now it sounds like hills are the least of your worries...hope you heal up!

Lily, have one for me, while you're at it.

Damaris, you're making sense. I'd be pissed, too. At least you kickboxed.

Tom, I'm glad that you managed to run without being completely drenched.

BruceD555, wow. That sounds like an amazing leg workout.

SIAR, great run. Do you always test shoes when company reps visit your LRS? I'm a bit nervous about doing that.

I dragged myself out of bed to rotate the laundry and do my ab work. I'm crawling back there now. Good night, people.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Basya...I do try to take advantage. I figure I can't do too much damage in 5 miles. A lot of people did complain about blisters though, and if I were prone to them too I'd play it safer. Nice job on the ab work.