Beginners and Beyond

So My Granddaughter And I Are Talking... (Read 114 times)

Better I Leave

...after I picked her up from my son's. She tells me that she'd like to run a race w/ me sometime, but that she'd have to take breaks because I run so far (heh)...Anyway, I tell her that maybe we could do a color run together. She says "What's that?", and when I describe what the participants do and how they get "painted" in rainbow colors, her eyes lit up up and she got all excited (she's 5 years old BTW) and said "YEAH!! I wanna do it!"

With permission from her Mom and Dad, looks like a color run is in my/our future...Big grin

Docket_Rocket

Awwwww.  I am sure she will love to do one!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Buelligan

With permission from her Mom and Dad, looks like a color run is in my/our future...Big grin

My 8 year old niece ran one of those a few weeks ago.  She loved it.  There wasn't much running involved, just a lot of messing around and playing.

Better I Leave

Yeah, it looks like a lot of fun and shenanigans, but as long as she takes away some fond memories, it makes it all worth it. Truth be told, I took her out to Lake Tabeaud (one of my fav outdoor runs) and she ran (and it was a pretty damn good pace for a 4 year old) a solid mile nonstop with me last year.

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

Sounds like a pretty legit reason to do an event like that.

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them

RSX

That is so cool that she wants to do that, and can run a mile at that age.

flarunner

This would be the only reason I would do one of those types of runs. Sounds like a bunch of fun with grandpa. Just be sure to get a bunch of photos and video.

delicate flower

I am surprised to hear you have a granddaugher, Dave.  You seem too young!  (no I am not hitting on you)

<3

Better I Leave

Well thanks Phil, but yeah...I'm 53.

Rest assured I'll get pics and vid. That's a run I'd take my GoPro out on to capture all the fun. Big grin

YAYpril - B-Plus

Sounds like a pretty legit reason to do an event like that.

Agreed. How precious she is. Smile

Better I Leave

Agreed. How precious she is. Smile

Oh she is indeed April....My Princess....Big grin (I absolutely adore this pic.)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Life is good...

Better I Leave

Life is good...

Indeed it is my friend. Smile

Rungry!

You sound like an awesome Granddaddy PGD! I did a color run with my GFs and we had a great time...didn't run much, but we had fun. Therer were plenty of families participating. She'll love it Cool

Jen

Rondog65

Sounds incredible have a great time!!!

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)