Beginners and Beyond

Thursday 1/19 (Read 37 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I waddled through 3.2 miles.  The running parts were very tired, but not hurting.  I guess that means I'm pushing it a little, but maybe not too much.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  Pilates and weights today.  MRI scheduled for 1pm.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

Commute 1st 50% done.

I'll try running twice again today: commute back, and run a little during DD's soccer practice. It will be the first time I run 3 times in a day.

LRB

I waddled through 3.2 miles.  

Good word. I put in 7.3 and to say I ran it would be laughable. My legs were dead and I had zero energy. It was awful.

It would've been a perfect day for 4 miles but I was determined to get it the 7 in. Idiot.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Just saw there is a Goretex version of my go-to Wave Riders. Is it worth the extra $$$$? Thinking it could come in handy if weather holds out for the half I have next month on mostly rail trail.

onemile

Good word. I put in 7.3 and to say I ran it would be laughable. My legs were dead and I had zero energy. It was awful.

It would've been a perfect day for 4 miles but I was determined to get it the 7 in. Idiot.

Oof

LRB

Just saw there is a Goretex version of my go-to Wave Riders. Is it worth the extra $$$$? Thinking it could come in handy if weather holds out for the half I have next month on mostly rail trail.

I ran in the Nike Shield another lifetime ago which was great during the cooler months, not so much though when it was warm out.

LRB

Oof

lol

Hopefully that's out of my system, my VO2 max test is next Friday. 

Dave

onemile

lol

Hopefully that's out of my system, my VO2 max test is next Friday. 

I prefer to wait til I am at least on my way to being back into shape before I destroy my confidence 

That's why I regret running that NYE 5k

LRB

I prefer to wait til I am at least on my way to being back into shape before I destroy my confidence 

That's why I regret running that NYE 5k

Yeah it's just a means to give me my current fitness, which I already know is for shit. My thinking though was that the pomp and circumstance of the thing could possibly motivate me to push a bit harder than I would on my own.

Worst case I'll have true training paces and a practical goal heading into training for my spring half, not some unrealistic shit based on times and/or paces that I cannot run anymore.

GinnyinPA

Are you running the B&A?  I hope to be there for the full.

Goretex shoes are usually warmer than non-Goretex, so okay in winter but not so good in summer.

onemile

Are you following a plan or running what you feel like right now?

Runshortii

URD yesterday. Was going to do 4 on the treadmill after work but said screw it after a 14 hour long day. Which means I need to do it tonight

Half Crazy K 2.0

Are you running the B&A?  I hope to be there for the full.

Goretex shoes are usually warmer than non-Goretex, so okay in winter but not so good in summer.

It's on my list as a possibility for later in the spring. I'm doing the Little Patuxent River Run half on Feb 5. It's a little more trail than B&A, the pictures show some grass and leaf covered areas.