Beginners and Beyond

Another Week, Another Set o'SUNDAILIES (Read 52 times)

Cool WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD Cool 

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners (from injury, to running, to RA). We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay awhile (not literally!) And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

Good morning and good week, everyone!

I've done my push-ups already. I'll do my ab work before going to the gym teight weights and eight miles at marathon pace. I'm continuing my taper, which is difficult. I'm down to doing just one set of each weight-training exercise this week. (Let's see how much of a ***** I'll be next week, when I won't do any weight training.)

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Morning, Basya, and Happy Sunday!!

Best of luck to all the racers out there today! It's a bit chilly here in Jacksonville, so the folks running the Donna are going to be shivering a bit at the start.

SRD for me today. Church, then I have 2 more sisters rolling into town. We'll be having a big family dinner this afternoon. That doesn't happen very often so I'll be savoring the good company and the awesome food that my sister and brother-in-law will be preparing.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

LRB

Supp!

I dreamed  I was eating a chocolate ice cream, damn it was good!  In years past, I would eat a banana split after my Sunday long run, but I am on a mission this year so the dream will have to do.

It's a other cold one here currently 9 with a wind chill of 1, but the forecast is for 25 with a full sun so I think I will just wait a bit before I get out there!

What's the mission, Rick?

Tom, enjoy your SRD with the family.

Ball of Fury

Good morning everyone!   URD for me...boo hoo!  I was going to try for an easy 5-6 this morning but my hip and knee hurt quite a bit just walking so I decided it was best to skip it!  I am so over this whole thing!  On a positive note, my DD had her birthday party at her gym (as in gymnastics) yesterday and we got to play around.  I was able to do a few round-off backhandsprings and some other tumbling I haven't even tried in 10-12 years!  I was impressed with myself...lol!  They have an adult gymnastics class on Monday nights that I am seriously thinking of trying...just need to work on my flexibility!  Hope you all have a fantastic day and enjoy your runs!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Went out last night with the DW to the "Burger Bar" for dinner and listen to a band.......a mushroom Swiss with premium beef and sweet potatoe fries....man it was good.  The band was better. Long run today for me of 6 miles, I've never done 6 without walking parts but today's the day to run the whole way.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

LRB

What's the mission, Rick?

12 easy, straight up, no chaser.

Good call Ami.

Good luck on the run spark!

It's a other cold one here currently 9 with a wind chill of 1, but the forecast is for 25 with a full sun so I think I will just wait a bit before I get out there!

I think I am with you dude. (My weather app agrees with your temp, but shows windchill of -2.)

LR on tap, usually like to get these done early, but maybe not today. Although a good opportunity to rack up some points in the More Miles than Degrees Club.

A little worried about the traction; a few inches of snow can be OK, but it is actually <1", which can be slippery. Slid around a bit just walking out to get the paper.

In the mean time, serving my master. 

Dave

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Good morning, Basya.  Good luck with the tapering madness!

Enjoy the family dinner, Tom!

Wow, 25, good luck with you run, LRB!   Stay warm!

Happy belated birthday to your DD, Amik.  Sorry to hear about the hip and knee, hope that resolves quickly.

Good luck with the 6 miles, Sparker, should work the burger off nicely.  Joking

Good luck with your long run, Dave, and hope the ground behaves for you!

AFM:  Getting my oil changed this morning, then later today will go to the park with Gail.  Sorry, folks, but beautiful day here in San Antonio, we are sunny, clear skies, and heading for 70 degrees with low dewpoint/low humidity.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Robert31320

Team TJ

Needing a short 1.9 to end the week at >20 to keep my streak alive.  Planning to get that accomplished later today.

Running for TJ because he can't.

@runjerseygirl

Scallops/Tirimisu/Chianti/Martini burning run. 840 calories burned, according to Garmin Connect. It's a start.  27 degrees, 14 degree wind chill.  Brr!

Almost progression:
                          1 10:53.1
                          2 10:42.9
                          3 10:08.9
                          4 10:01.8
                          5 10:04.3
                          6 9:57.4
                          7 9:39.7

Dave, I love the coffee pic!  I might have to print that out and hang it up. Smile

Here's another cup for you.

Do you even run?

runmomto3boys

Basya: I hope the MP miles go well!  Nice work with the gym stuff this AM!

Tom: Enjoy your down day!

LRB:   Have a great run later on today!

AmiK: I'm sorry the hip/knee are squawking!  I hope the day off is all you need.  I hate it when things like this crop up.

Sparker: A burger bar????  YUM!!!!  I hope your LR goes super duper well today!

Robert: Easy peasy - you've got that in the bag!!!  Get it done so the streak lives on!

DaveP: Brrrr, that's cold.  I don't blame you for putting the run off a bit.

Kay: What a great progression run this AM!!!  Look at that last mile!

18 miles with the last 10 at MP today.  I fear this run. Wink  I'm testing out a new MP and hoping that the pace feels manageable.

LRB

While effective as a pre-run meal, I find bagels just so damn tough to get down before my long runs. I tried a myriad of flavors and toppings last year and it was the hardest thing to do.

Honestly though, I just don't like to eat anything before I work out or run in the morning.

Today I tried an English muffin (with butter only) and was able to choke that sucka down relatively easy.  At about 120 calories and 23 grams of carbs (about half the value of a bagel), I am hoping it is enough to stave off that horrendous feeling of death I get when I run long on empty.

Of course, once marathon training gets here later this year, I will go back to what worked for me so very well last spring.  But if the muffin works, it will be a nice compromise in the interim.

delicate flower

Happy French Toast Sunday!  Went out for breakfast this morning and had the French toast special.  Three poundcake slices with apple slice topping, powdered sugar, syrup, and maple whipped cream.  I tapped out halfway into slice three.  I'm impressed...food doesn't often defeat me.  Washed down with three cups of coffee.

<3