Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES (Read 31 times)

LRB

Hi.

The sun is shining brightly but at 26 degrees and a 19 degree wind chill, it's frozen balls out there (relatively speaking that is).  Whatever, whatever. I'll get out at some point for an as yet to be determined distance.

You?

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have my first 6 post surgery.  We'll see.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I jogged 3.2 really slow miles.  That gets me 54 for the week.

It was 60 Fri morning, 45 yesterday, and 29 this morning, ffs.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

No more marathons

SRD

This has been an expensive morning so far.

Registration for next Saturday's Oskar Blues 4 miles = 37.65

Registration for Legacy HM on May 6 = 60.00

Registration for National Senior Games 5K, 10K, 1500 in Birmingham on June 10,11,12 = 174.00

Two tickets to this afternoon's showing of Get Out = 29.00

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

No more marathons

Speaking of Birmingham - any suggestions of places to stay (area of town that is walkable and runable) places to eat, places to quaff a few?

Thinking of going the airbnb route - never done that before - anyone with experience?

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Ran the local fatass, Malden Death Run, yesterday. 20 miles and 30 Big Berthas (not to be confused with the much more manageable LIttle Bertha) was my total. Friends are training for Georgia Death Race and they did 120 Berthas or about 40 miles. Beasts.

Today I ran a surprisingly easyish 4 recovery miles with no aches. Just some muscle fatigue. Beautiful but cold sunny day.

Happy Sunday to all.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Half Crazy K 2.0

Unofficially, just under 1:39. For a stand alone 10 mile race, it's a PR, but not my fastest 10 miles. Between the hills and wind, I'll take it. The flattest section was absolutely miserable--right into a cold headwind. And this came after near constant hill.

LRB

SRD

Registration for Legacy HM on May 6 = 60.00

Registration for National Senior Games 5K, 10K, 1500 in Birmingham on June 10,11,12 = 174.00

Two tickets to this afternoon's showing of Get Out = 29.00

It's not everyday a movie scores 100% on Rotten Tomatoes. This one has must see written all over it.

Any post-race beer included?

Dave

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Wow! That seems awfully expensive for 3 track races. I don't think the USATF National Championships are anywhere near that much.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Cyberic

Ran 16.8 miles with 2 x 8 mins @ HM-10k pace with 1 min jog. Wind made that more challenging than it should have been.

63 miles for the week.

Cyberic

Good morning!

I jogged 3.2 really slow miles.  That gets me 54 for the week.

It was 60 Fri morning, 45 yesterday, and 29 this morning, ffs.

Have a great day folks!

How good is that!

Docket_Rocket

Nice job, Half Crazy!

Ran 6 and ended up with 19.75 miles for the week.  For my first week back from surgery, I am stoked at the miles.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Unofficially, just under 1:39. For a stand alone 10 mile race, it's a PR, but not my fastest 10 miles. Between the hills and wind, I'll take it. The flattest section was absolutely miserable--right into a cold headwind. And this came after near constant hill.

Congrats!

Dave

LRB

Nice job, Half Crazy!

Ran 6 and ended up with 19.75 miles for the week.  For my first week back from surgery, I am stoked at the miles.

You ran more miles than I did. I guess the more things change the more they stay the same.