Beginners and Beyond

9/11 - Never Forget (Read 44 times)

fourouta5

Healed Hammy

I live 2 miles from what I consider the finest 9/11 memorial in the Country.  While not as significant as Ground Zero, this place is awash with emotion, inspiration and solemn tribute.  I will be there tonight for the candlelight service (with my new drone to film the points of light from above) as I have every year for the last 10.  Please take a moment to view this video created by a local company and donated to this incredible place.  And  ....    NEVER FORGET.....

https://vimeo.com/138696726

PADRunner

Really well done.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Been seeing so much on Facebook about it, and though it still twists my heart up remembering, it makes me proud that so many people are focusing on what happened 14 years ago.

I remember sitting in my 6th grade homeroom during I-Step when our homeroom teacher told us to put our pencils down and then he turned the t.v. on. I don't think I have ever felt so sick to my stomach and hurt and scared in my entire life, I was 12 years old and thought America was the greatest, the most badass country in this world and nobody could touch us, and then this happened.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

happylily

I remember. And it breaks my heart every time. Thanks, fourouta5.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Docket_Rocket

I remember where I was and what I was doing.  Still very glad my husband was released from the military six months prior to 9/11, just because I want to be a bit selfish and want him with me.

Thanks for the thread, fourouta.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page