Beginners and Beyond

∅ Friday Penguins (Read 23 times)

PADRunner

National Nothing Day is quite simply... a day for nothing.

This day is an "un-event". The expectation is that we do not create or otherwise promote this day. In other words, we do nothing. And, to say anything more would contradict the purpose of this day.

Celebrate this day by doing....nothing. Of course, that assumes that doing nothing is okay with your boss.

PADRunner

Today I will run 0 miles. It's a cutback week so I can live with it. Still might sneak some in after work...

I signed up for a 5k tomorrow to see if that might cheer me up or make me feel worse. We'll see...

So get out there and do nothing Penguins!

on my way to badass

I'll try to do nothing. That's tough with a 4th grader. Good Friday Penguins and PAD. Thanks for starting us off PAD.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  5 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Is it a Seinfeld nothing day?

8-10 after work.

QOTD- Treadmill- garage or house?  Neither location has a TV, both should have wireless.

PADRunner

Is it a Seinfeld nothing day?

8-10 after work.

QOTD- Treadmill- garage or house?  Neither location has a TV, both should have wireless.

House but you may have to disassemble it to get it inside. What did you get?

Zelanie

PAD, a friend is looking to part with this one:

Spirit Inspire IN400 Treadmill

Nothing fancy, but it felt pretty sturdy and the price is right.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

SRD for me and a core workout later.  DD2 has a swim meet tomorrow and Sunday so  that means early morning running on both days.  DW and I might go and see "American Sniper" tomorrow with some friends; a triple date or something.  Whatever.

Singer who runs a smidge

Well, Wednesday was a do nothing day because we had some snow.  So I didn't go in to work, I cancelled quartet rehearsal, and let DH sleep in late.  Yesterday wasn't a do-nothing day, but I had doctor appointments scheduled, so I was running around all over the place even though I wasn't working.  Then I had chorus rehearsal last night, which was all good.  Tonight is the delayed quartet rehearsal!

PAD -- laughing at your planning to run zero, but maybe some anyway!!

Stone -- You're doomed, you'll be doing stuff all day!

Docket -- have a good 5!!

Zelanie -- house.  More controlled environment.  Have a good 8-10!!

Jack -- have a good SRD!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Health club strength machines first thing this morning, then 2 track miles with DW.  Not much planned this weekend other than a trip to the airport to pickup DD.

Enjoy the TM, Zel.

Have a great weekend!!!

obiebyke

This holiday is right up my alley, PAD. I'm sick with a fever, so URD. I'll run vicariously through you guys.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Should I reply or reply all? do nothing - Should I reply or reply all? do nothing  Socially Awkward Penguin

A do nothing day for me today too - at least as far as running goes.  I may have to mow the lawn when I get home. It has been sunny now for two days and should be dried out from all the miserable weather we've had the last couple of weeks.  It's gotten pretty tall, I wonder if I'm gonna find anything in there when I start mowing it down.   And if I do it today, then I can enjoy the 3-day weekend.   Really nothing to do this weekend - yay! - other than take Sinatra to the vet tomorrow to get his stitches out...and watch Seattle win over Green Bay.   Now, NEXT weekend..I start to do races again.  I think I have 2 scheduled through the end of the month..and then I've got about 6 or 7 scheduled in February.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Good luck with the 5K, PAD.  Hope it does cheer you up.

Yeah, do nothing, with a little one, good luck with that, StoneFence.

Zelanie, I think you should just build your own little exercise-and TM-station hut or shed or something out in your yard. 

So, Jack, you have to deal with that 'bad running area" near the swim meet for all your weekend running? 

Welcome back to hectic activity for you, HsM!

Enjoy your time with your DD, Jerry!

Damaris and obiebyke, hope you both feel better!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

PADRunner

Ok I cheated I got out and ran 6. Just couldn't waste the sunshine!

Brilliant

I joined the do-nothing day.  Stupid head cold has me not doing much. Sad  I'm going to try to run tomorrow morning if my sinuses aren't too bad.