Beginners and Beyond

Tater Tuesday Penguins (Read 22 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

PADRunner

Morning Penguins, it's National Tater Day.

I missed a few days, I had a group 3 mile run Saturday, 4 Sunday and 3 today.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good morning PAD and Pens.  We will try for 10 easy miles this afternoon.  Hope it goes well since our HM is just over 2 weeks away.

Have a great day  !!!

Docket_Rocket

Tots?

Morning.  Pilates and 6 miles tonight.  Ended up with an RD yesterday because I still feel under the weather. Sigh.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Mornin' all!

Nice sweet 5 in a morning that couldn't be any prettier.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

Sweet running, PAD and Kathleen.

Happy running later, Damaris and Jerry.  (hope you are all better today, D)

I'm meeting my club this morning.  I usually end up with 4 or 5.

hog4life

8 on Sunday and 11.3 yesterday. Looking for 3-5 easy today.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Mmmm.. taters =P

I wound up taking my rest day yesterday after all because while running errands in the morning I noticed the back/inside of my right thigh was really painful.  It still hurts a bit but I'm going to stretch and try to get my miles in today.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Zelanie

Hey, I'm having a baked potato with some black beans and salsa for lunch today!

If the forecast thunderstorms don't arrive, I'll head to the track and run 3 x 1600.  If they do, I'll run something at home.

Ginny- I wrote you a novel late last night. Hope it was helpful.

PAD- Hope you're enjoying the taper!

Jerry- That's exciting!  Are you trying to do every HM in a different state?

D- Hope that you feel better!

Kathleen- Sounds lovely!

Brilliant- Have a good group run!

sapf- I hope that the thigh feels better with some stretching.  That spot was really bothering me last week, but now seems to have calmed down for the time being.

tracilynn

Morning penguins!

I decided to run 3.5 yesterday because I only need a few more miles to have my first ever 100 mile month.

My rt leg/shin still hurts badly. Just trying to baby it until my half on Sat and then I'm taking some days off (from running) gonna blast my core with PT and cross train.

I love me some taters.

~~~~~~~

Traci

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Zel, Utah will be our 5th state HM, so running all 50 (and Puerto Rico, of course) will be a challenge.  Hopefully #6 will be in Wisconsin in May.  We should have more time next year to do more.

From the Internet.

Taters are my fave.

Feeling much better today, whatever stomach bug we had was thankfully very short-lived. Got in 7 miles with 10 strides today. Felt good to be outside but I definitely was not 100% toward the end, I think it was likely just lack of food/water yesterday. I did my best to take in a lot of fluid and eat when I was feeling up to it last night but wasn't enough I guess.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Late start on the threads this morning, co-worker had to attend a cousin's funeral, so I've been busy with all the projects to be done today, taking some of the load for her, so she won't get behind.  She does the same for me on the days I'm gone.  Nice to work with cooperative team members.

Nice and sunny here and going up to 81 degrees today. My kinda weather!  Party near the end of the day for a friend here at the university who is retiring, so I may just go home after work and "digest" the cake for a couple of hours and then go run in the nearby park on some off-road trails.

Good luck with the 10, Jerry and Jerry DW!

Hope you are feeling better today, Damaris.  You would not like San Antonio right now.  Wind is blowing all over the place down here and the oak pollen is flying all over the place, the pollen count has been in the thousands for several days, so those who suffer from airborne allergies are really getting whacked!  Just about all the cars down here have orange-reddish spots all over them from the oaks pollinating, after this stuff settles the car washes are going to be doing a booming business for a while.

Congrats on your 5, Kathleen!

Hope your run went well, Brilliant.

Enjoy the easy miles, Mitch!

Hope the thigh pain goes away quickly, sapf

Wishing you nice running weather, Zelanie!

Congrats on the 100M month, Traci!

Happy Tater Day!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Brilliant

Hello again,

Mitch & Lauren, nice running.

Zel, enjoy the tater.  Smile

Scotty, oh my goodness where do you find those penguin photos every day?!

Jill, hope you are good to run today.

Traci, way to meet your goal!  Take it easy this week.

AFM - I ran 5.3 with the club. Then when I uploaded my run I realized I was 2.5 miles from getting a record month.  My husband told me to go out there and run the last 2.5 - I thought he was making fun of my goals but he wasn't. Smile  So in another few minutes I'm heading out for a short run. Big grin

Singer who runs a smidge

Total Penguin fly-by, howdy!!  I have folks uncrating my new instrument today, so I'm watching that.  Plus I'm trying to get grant proposals submitted, with last minute changes from a new faculty member.  Thankfully the deadline (which is today) is going to be flexible since the new chick is so new she's not even here yet.  She just accepted the position yesterday.  Then I'm trying to get us set up with a CSA, because veggies are important.  And I need to get a PT appointment scheduled, which might or might not happen today.  And my quartet has a gig tonight, so I should probably go figure out how long it's going to take me to get there, so I know when to get dressed up and out the door.  Woo-hoo!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.